Match Thread Villarreal v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

That game was always going to be tough. What's most pleasing for me is that we didn't look out of our depth. They were aways going to come at us first half. That's what home teams do in Europe. However, we really grew into the game in the second half. Defended well and scored a brilliant goal to equalize.

Great result. Fucking delighted. Two lovely goals.

Tbh, the counter reaction on FF is as hysterical as the initial reaction to the matches in this thread.

We were outclassed in midfield in the first half, I was actually quite shocked at the gulf, I felt it rattled the players and they struggled to complete simple passes even when under little pressure. If Villareal had screwed the nut a bit, they would have created more chances and been out of sight. However, they didn't. And we matched them in the 2nd half, exposing their weaknesses at the back.

At 1-0 down and after about 10 mins I thought it was going to be about damage limitation.

The character and effort put in by all was astounding, not seen that since Smith!

To think this team are only going to get better is so exciting!

We've got our Rangers back!

42200171_471202880049717_4021456545865793536_n.jpg

Anyone got the information on rewards in this group stage.
Ie ££ for draws and wins and also Co-efficient ranking points for draws and wins?

A great result by any standards. A great result for us despite having a relatively new team, a playing schedule with little respite (witness Gerrard's recent comments about lack of constructive time on the training field) but also a great result to go there at any time under any circumstances and come away with a point.
And a further sign that we're - pun intended - on the right track. 55 is still a long haul, but perhaps closer than one might think.

Ive bounced round work all day with a happy hangover, im going to head to my new local Rangers pub tonight just to keep the good feeling going We Are Back!

Watching the BT highlights was surreal. I mean it was surreal watching us at the time but I was caught up in the moment so didn’t fully absorb just how mental a result that is all things considered

Back