VIP Packages to Lyon announced

Fleecing fans that’s a shock!
I wouldn’t say fleecing. Its a premium package marketed to those who can afford it. Most fans are happy to put money in to the club, scaleable to their financial capability. We’ve got supporters putting money in all the way from the guy who buys a home top every year, up to people like Douglas Park, John Bennet etc who have put in millions and everybody in between.

For that cost you’ll get:
- chartered plane to Lyon as part of the official club party.
- transfer to hotel
- pre match meal
- transfer to match
- category A match seat
- transfer to airport
- back on the charter direct to Glasgow.

For people who can afford it, its a good itinerary, direct flights, no messing about with connections and travel all over the place.

For the club its a decent bit of business as part of the price will offset the cost of travel for the club. (Team and directors travel is expensed to the club.)

I wouldn’t say fleecing. Its a premium package marketed to those who can afford it. Most fans are happy to put money in to the club, scaleable to their financial capability. We’ve got supporters putting money in all the way from the guy who buys a home top every year, up to people like Douglas Park, John Bennet etc who have put in millions and everybody in between.

For that cost you’ll get:
- chartered plane to Lyon as part of the official club party.
- transfer to hotel
- pre match meal
- transfer to match
- category A match seat
- transfer to airport
- back on the charter direct to Glasgow.

For people who can afford it, its a good itinerary, direct flights, no messing about with connections and travel all over the place.

For the club its a decent bit of business as part of the price will offset the cost of travel for the club. (Team and directors travel is expensed to the club.)
It’s overpriced mate and even trying to justify is a joke. Book me and you a ticket cheers. ;)

So including the VAT, its £2340. For a one night stay.

That one is for the millionaires club, even guys with a few bob aren't shelling that out.

That one is for the millionaires club, even guys with a few bob aren't shelling that out.

It will be the guys who are paying £25k-£40k a season for their table in the likes of the Thornton Suite and Chairmans Club.

Most of that is all through Ltd companies so a lot of the time it isn’t coming from personal funds.

I'd imagine most will be corporate partners, to be honest. Taxable expense.

I said on another thread that it is a nonsense. If you take the £300 day trip for normal members you are paying an extra £2100 to get 1 night in a hotel, a drinks reception and a three course lunch with beer and wine.

A group of mates would be cheaper hiring a private jet.

Because I’m in club72 if I want to travel officially I now have no other option than paying corporate and don’t have the option of the £300 flight only

I said on another thread that it is a nonsense. If you take the £300 day trip for normal members you are paying an extra £2100 to get 1 night in a hotel, a drinks reception and a three course lunch with beer and wine.

Because I’m in club72 if I want to travel officially I now have no other option than paying corporate and don’t have the option of the £300 flight only

This sounds like something the club didn't think through when they brought Bar 72 under the VIP banner. Most of Bar 72 clients are individuals. Most seasonal clients at other suites are Ltd Companies.

You can’t do the official day trip because your classed as VIP now :eek: ?

That is terrible.

This sounds like something the club didn't think through when they brought Bar 72 under the VIP banner. Most of Bar 72 clients are individuals. Most seasonal clients at other suites are Ltd Companies.

Yeah it’s pretty disappointing. In previous years I’ve always went officially through the club as I can only ever do a day trip. By now being classed as corporate I am now excluded from applying for the £300 day trip. Instead my only official option is a 1 night stay, the cost of which is more than I paid for my family to go on a weeks all inclusive cruise next April. Some way to treat fans

You can’t do the official day trip because your classed as VIP now :eek: ?

That is terrible.

Yeah I’ve tried to apply and been told it’s not an option. Was the same with brondby, could get a ticket if I paid £2k but if I just wanted an independent ticket I got a knock back even though under the old system I had about 10 points so would be guaranteed a ticket. It’s a very odd situation where you pay double for your season ticket ( including a year bcd) and you end up worse off

Yeah I’ve tried to apply and been told it’s not an option. Was the same with brondby, could get a ticket if I paid £2k but if I just wanted an independent ticket I got a knock back even though under the old system I had about 10 points so would be guaranteed a ticket. It’s a very odd situation where you pay double for your season ticket ( including a year bcd) and you end up worse off

That’s a disgrace mate no ifs or buts about it.

Yeah it’s pretty disappointing. In previous years I’ve always went officially through the club as I can only ever do a day trip. By now being classed as corporate I am now excluded from applying for the £300 day trip. Instead my only official option is a 1 night stay, the cost of which is more than I paid for my family to go on a weeks all inclusive cruise next April. Some way to treat fans

That’s disgusting mate and I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again they don’t want the working class in these seats that’s another reason for people wanting to get out.

To not getting an independent ticket for Brondby and or Lyon is a disgrace.

Go sport options

Sport options is the one for you mate. Always went with them. Good laugh and don’t feel like you are about to get shouted at off the teacher for farting in class

You’re absolute right mate, it is rubbish.

I gave up trying to sign up for “VIP MyGers” during the summer because I was busy and after 4 emails providing me a link to sign up…that didn’t contain a page to sign up, I just gave up. The emails I sent pointing out the error and asking them to direct me to the correct page were ignored and, of course, no one answered the phone. That means after years and years of being on the CCCS for Hampden games, I’m no longer in the ballot for semi- and final tickets.

The price has rocketed in the past couple of years, which I was a bit irked by, but have got over. Demand, supply and all that. But if you’re going to try to pretend we’re ‘VIP” then at least try to treat us like we matter just as much as every other fan does. Really frustrating.

Sport options is the one for you mate. Always went with them. Good laugh and don’t feel like you are about to get shouted at off the teacher for farting in class

Yeah I think they will be my best option going forward. The annoying thing is that I don’t trust the club to actually get an independent ticket as it appears less likely you will get a ticket in corporate than in gold where I would have been if I was able to join mygers

As others have said this isn’t for your average bear, it’s corporate level hospitality for business owners etc. My old b2bs father-in-law has been flying to European games with the club for years, he’s a multimillionaire who previously owned a construction company and now a hotel, so £2k is a drop in the ocean.

Most of these guys also own shares in the club, folk call them fat cats but they’re no different than those in the cheap seats, passionate supporters who happen to have more money to spend to back our team.

Last edited:
That's absolutely ridiculous mate. It's shit like this Club1872 should be taking on instead of acting like spoiled brats arguing amongst themselves constantly.

i was lucky enough to go on one of these trips on our CL visit to Seville, was a 40th birthday gift from my employer who had a business relationship with Rangers at the time.

The others on the trip were the likes of Douglas Park, Ian Skelly, Andy Smillie - wealthy fans happy to pay for the experience.

i couldn't possibly afford to pay for it myself but these trips aren't aimed at me .

Who’s buying motor cars?

Footballers. They need transport to get to the foodbank. Fans need to cough up.

Look at Dr Rashford MBE. He's had to pay income tax on £5k and use an offshore account to give himself a directors' loan. That's how bad things are for footballers.

That’s disgusting mate and I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again they don’t want the working class in these seats that’s another reason for people wanting to get out.

To not getting an independent ticket for Brondby and or Lyon is a disgrace.
I totally agree, they want these seats to sell on a match by match basis. With it being a cash bar I don’t think they could charge a premium as the experience isn’t great

As others have said this isn’t for your average bear, it’s corporate level hospitality for business owners etc. My old b2bs father-in-law has been flying to European games with the club for years, he’s a multimillionaire who previously owned a construction company and now a hotel, so £2k is a drop in the ocean.

Most of these guys also own shares in the club, folk call them fat cats but they’re no different than those in the cheap seats, passionate supporters who happen to have more money to spend to back our team.

Nobody is doubting the people who sit in the seats mate.

The guy next to me owned his own business and if he wasn’t there he was in the members lounge on invitation from Mr Park.

All I’m saying is they priced out normal people like myself to accommodate the people greeting in club Europe about our prices and that our seats were the best in the house - so the prices have nearly doubled and more wealthy supporters or companies have taking them up.

Back