Article Virtual Friendly - Bury Legends v Rangers Legends - Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy - July 4th at 3:00 pm

50,000 new tops sold in one day absolutely brilliant with no Ashley, let's hope the feelgood factor carries on to the charity event.
Doesn't need to be huge donations anything will help and nobody needs to know what you donate, and it should be a laugh watching the game.
Does anybody know can we shout abuse on screen :cool:

Did a bit of research on Archie, born and lived local to myself. Found his grave in our local cemetery, can forward on what I found if of interest.
Thanks so much PowerRanger, i have copied the information to the Bury message board.
I hope your son enjoys his game tomorrow in the Legends Trophy game.
Everyone will be winners, the Lee Rigby Foundation, The Rangers Charity and the Bury AFC Community Charity.
Thank you again
Much appreciated

Donated a £10 there,won't see the game as I am working tomorrow but hope to see the highlights on sky later on :)
icon_heartbeat.gif.4e78d05b87ddfe331d45a7dcd3fe2cc4.gif

50,000 new tops sold in one day absolutely brilliant with no Ashley, let's hope the feelgood factor carries on to the charity event.
Doesn't need to be huge donations anything will help and nobody needs to know what you donate, and it should be a laugh watching the game.
Does anybody know can we shout abuse on screen :cool:
50 (FIFTY) thousand...in 1 (ONE!) day?! Wow! Unbelievable. :))

DONATE HERE: For the Lee Rigby Memorial Virtual Friendly

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!
Its not to late to help out these fantastic causes. Get your tickets here

and help to be a part of something special. You be able to watch the game, you’ll get an eProgramme sent to you before the game, you’ll get an eTicket, but most of all you’ll get a lovely warm glow inside, knowing that you helped out The Lee Rigby Foundation and Rangers Charity Foundation.

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE. UP THE GERS.

Forever grateful.

And just to add, if you don’t know what it is, don’t understand the concept, you’re not a gamer etc etc, WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO? You never know, you might just enjoy it, and it’s got to be as good as, if not better than watching training games in empty stadiums with fake crowd noise!

Go on, live life on the edge & push your boundaries.

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE.

£10 donated even though I’ve never watched a virtual football game and don’t think I ever will. Fantastic cause never the less and well done to all involved.
Thank you so much
Let today be a first, see what it is and enjoy
I will be the same
It looks like it will be very good and all we Bury fans can have as our club has been taken from us
UTS UTGERS

And just to add, if you don’t know what it is, don’t understand the concept, you’re not a gamer etc etc, WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO? You never know, you might just enjoy it, and it’s got to be as good as, if not better than watching training games in empty stadiums with fake crowd noise!

Go on, live life on the edge & push your boundaries.

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE.
Let the Danny Mayor show begin

Come on you Gers, time to put hands on bank cards and donate to this amazing world's first virtual game between Bury FC legends and Rangers legends. KO @ 3.00pm all proceeds split between 3 very worthy cause. Not only that but you'll be able to watch players you've never seen play as you're too young. Come on lassies and lads, still time.

Bought an extra ticket this morning!

Did a bit of research on Archie, born and lived local to myself. Found his grave in our local cemetery, can forward on what I found if of interest.
Archie Montgomery was a good servant to the club, but unlucky in the fact that as a Bury goalkeeper who made 210 league and 17 FA Cup appearances between 1894 and 1905, he did not play in either of the two FA Cup Final wins. He did though play in the 1903 Semi Final 3-0 win. He left Bury in 1905 for Manchester United, but returned to Bury a year later as reserve keeper, before becoming the clubs first ever Manager in 1907 until 1915. Before 1907 the club was 'managed' by Directors and Committee members, who were in charge of team selection etc.

Many thanks to all the Bears who have contributed to this event in whatever way. It was a thoroughly professional event organised and produced by ’little’ Bury . Something that I’m sure you would have been surprised by if you didn’t see anything of it.
The 3 beneficiaries will be very grateful for the money I’m sure. And hopefully we have the beginnings of a long lasting friendship.

All the best for the future. You will overtake those from the piggery very soon.

You truly are The People. I’ll hopefully make it up for a game or two next season, and you are all welcome at Bury anytime.

UTS & WATP.

Back