Article Virtual Friendly - Bury Legends v Rangers Legends - Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy - July 4th at 3:00 pm

Unfortunately the Lee Rigby Foundation has now been dealt another blow. The memorial cup Facebook has been removed after it was reported by some crazy person for being Racist.
This game featuring Rangers Legends has helped raise the foundation valuable funds.
If you can help support this and the other great causes at this difficult time your assistance is greatly appreciated.

I was just reading about this.Is there any way this can be appealed?

98S50NI.png

Bury AFC’s Shakers Community, the Rangers Charity Foundation (@RFC_Charity) and the Lee Rigby Foundation (@leerigbyfdn) are delighted to announce their collaboration in a virtual friendly on July 4th at 3:00 pm.

The virtual friendly will feature a Bury Legends team and a Rangers Legends team playing for the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy.

Covid 19 has disrupted the fundraising efforts of all three organisations with their main fundraisers all being postponed indefinitely. Following some discussions between Bury AFC and Rangers, the virtual friendly was born and the monies raised from this will be split equally between all three parties.

Fans and supporters who which to buy a virtual ticket are being asked to pay what they can spare.

charities-300x49.gif

With the monies raised Bury AFC will be investing in improving facilities for their disabled supporters with any additional monies earmarked for other community projects.

The Lee Rigby Foundation will be putting their share towards the purchase of a number of static caravans. These will be available to families who have lost a loved one in military service and for Veterans and their families who need a break.

The Rangers Charity Foundation will use their funds to continue to deliver a diverse range of charitable community programmes from diversity and inclusion to Health and wellbeing, in conjunction with managing the Ibrox Community Hub.

Donate to get your ticket now -
A very worthy event, well done to all concerned, Thanks

Bury AFC’s Shakers Community, the Rangers Charity Foundation (@RFC_Charity) and the Lee Rigby Foundation (@leerigbyfdn) are delighted to announce their collaboration in a virtual friendly on July 4th at 3:00 pm.

The virtual friendly will feature a Bury Legends team and a Rangers Legends team playing for the Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy.

Covid 19 has disrupted the fundraising efforts of all three organisations with their main fundraisers all being postponed indefinitely. Following some discussions between Bury AFC and Rangers, the virtual friendly was born and the monies raised from this will be split equally between all three parties.

Fans and supporters who which to buy a virtual ticket are being asked to pay what they can spare.

charities-300x49.gif

With the monies raised Bury AFC will be investing in improving facilities for their disabled supporters with any additional monies earmarked for other community projects.

The Lee Rigby Foundation will be putting their share towards the purchase of a number of static caravans. These will be available to families who have lost a loved one in military service and for Veterans and their families who need a break.

The Rangers Charity Foundation will use their funds to continue to deliver a diverse range of charitable community programmes from diversity and inclusion to Health and wellbeing, in conjunction with managing the Ibrox Community Hub.

Many thanks
You Rangers fans are the very best
Cheers

Our goalkeepers announced:

Neville Southall: Picked up from non league football and went on to play for the great Everton team of the 80s and gain nearly 100 caps for Wales. Over 700 pro games. In his prime, recognised as the world's number one goalkeeper.

Dean Keily: Nearly 700 pro games, including being an Irish international. Saved a penalty v Watford away in the last minute, to gain promotion to the now Championship and send 2000 Bury fans mental. In the Social Club afterwards he said, "should I go to the left, should I go to the right...oh fook it, I'll go to the left!" A true legend.

C-UGkOVXoAQJMUI.jpg

EbbThrHX0AEm47B

charities-300x49.gif

Look out Rangers
Here are the Bury Legends Goalkeepers ...
Introducing...
Dean Keily and Neville Southall

Our goalkeepers announced:

Neville Southall: Picked up from non league football and went on to play for the great Everton team of the 80s and gain nearly 100 caps for Wales. Over 700 pro games. In his prime, recognised as the world's number one goalkeeper.

Dean Keily: Nearly 700 pro games, including being an Irish international. Saved a penalty v Watford away in the last minute, to gain promotion to the now Championship and send 2000 Bury fans mental. In the Social Club afterwards he said, "should I go to the left, should I go to the right...oh fook it, I'll go to the left!" A true legend.

C-UGkOVXoAQJMUI.jpg

EbbThrHX0AEm47B
Our amazing defenders will not let your glory boy stars pass

Please remember that the Lee Rigby Foundation have lost their two biggest fundraisers this year due to COVID-19. One of them being the memorial match at Portsmouth. If you were planning on travelling to that game, please consider donating some of the cost towards the virtual game. It will make a difference. Rangers fans are the best in the world. Together we can all make this a huge success.

UTS & WATP
Just a gentle reminder that this virtual friendly is for 3 great causes, all affected massively by Coronavirus:

The Lee Rigby Foundation (to support bereaved families of military personnel); Rangers Charity Foundation (for various projects in Glasgow) and Bury Community Society (to improve disabled facilities). We're not paying for 2 non league strikers with this!

I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

DONATE HERE: For the Lee Rigby Memorial Virtual Friendly

LEST WE FORGET & THANKS.

Just a gentle reminder that this virtual friendly is for 3 great causes, all affected massively by Coronavirus:

The Lee Rigby Foundation (to support bereaved families of military personnel); Rangers Charity Foundation (for various projects in Glasgow) and Bury Community Society (to improve disabled facilities). We're not paying for 2 non league strikers with this!

I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

LEST WE FORGET & THANKS.
Well said, all for a good cause

https://www.shakers20.co.uk/uploads...7344ff45619a72699c638c3c23ccbc1c.jpeg[/QUOTE]
Hi Shengus
Can you tell me how to put a picture on, then i can scare you with BELL, MCDERMOTT, DIXON, BUTLER, LUCKETTI etc
Cheers and thanks for supporting this brilliant event which is supporting the Rangers Charity, the Lee Rigby Foundation and the Bury charity
_102261664_laudrupgazza.jpg

If It's just a photo from the internet it couldn't be easier.
Click on the photo icon at the top of your reply box (between the chain and smiley icons) and it will open a window. Go to your photo on the 'net and right click on it and "copy image address".
Just paste it into wee window you opened in your message.

If you need to take it from your own photo library on your pc/laptop it's a wee bit more timeous.
Let me know if you need to go through that.

I can't wait until The pretty boy assassin Charlie Madden is unveiled
And when the World's greatest midfielder is on display, the brilliant Colin Bell.
Bell is regarded as one of England's finest ever midfield players, being described by one commentator as 'the most finished article in the modern game'. Bell has been inducted into both the English Football Hall of Fame and the Manchester City Hall of Fame. In 1998 he was selected as one of the Football League 100 Legends

We really need the support of you Bears on this. We purposely chose everything about this game because we knew of the passion & loyalty of the Rangers fans to Lee Rigby and the British Armed Forces. The game is on Lee’s birthday. The Foundation want to buy caravans to allow injured servicemen & women respite or holidays.

I know a lot of you have helped out already, but we need more. Please donate what you can to some very worthy causes.

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE.

Hi Shengus
Can you tell me how to put a picture on, then i can scare you with BELL, MCDERMOTT, DIXON, BUTLER, LUCKETTI etc
Cheers and thanks for supporting this brilliant event which is supporting the Rangers Charity, the Lee Rigby Foundation and the Bury charity
Copy image address and then insert image address in the insert image icon (oblong box with what looks like a mountain and the sun in the middle...next to the links and smilie).

The twin towers of Lucketti and Butler. Ooh...aah...Morelos won't want to play! Ouch.

Hey you Bears...I know Brain Laudrup was great but was he left or right wing? If left wing, due to Lee Dixon (Arsenal's best ever right full back) he'll be switching wings. Just sayin' like. ;)

Midfielders to follow...one of whom will be Colin Bell, who was even better than Gazza. I kid you not and I've a signed photo of Gazza scoring v Scotland at Wembley, after turning Colin Hendry inside out!

LEST WE FORGET & THANKS.

EbdBawnWAAYBn9u.jpeg.7344ff45619a72699c638c3c23ccbc1c.jpeg

And when the World's greatest midfielder is on display, the brilliant Colin Bell.
Bell is regarded as one of England's finest ever midfield players, being described by one commentator as 'the most finished article in the modern game'. Bell has been inducted into both the English Football Hall of Fame and the Manchester City Hall of Fame. In 1998 he was selected as one of the Football League 100 Legends
And then there is the great Terry McDermott
McDermott is an English former football midfielder who was a member of the Liverpool team of the 1970s and early 1980s, in which he won three European Cups and five First Division titles. He was also capped 25 times for England

Copy image address and then insert image address in the insert image icon (oblong box with what looks like a mountain and the sun in the middle...next to the links and smilie).

The twin towers of Lucketti and Butler. Ooh...aah...Morelos won't want to play! Ouch.

Hey you Bears...I know Brain Laudrup was great but was he left or right wing? If left wing, due to Lee Dixon (Arsenal's best ever right full back) he'll be switching wings. Just sayin' like. ;)

Midfielders to follow...one of whom will be Colin Bell, who was even better than Gazza. I kid you not and I've a signed photo of Gazza scoring v Scotland at Wembley, after turning Colin Hendry inside out!

LEST WE FORGET & THANKS.

EbdBawnWAAYBn9u.jpeg.7344ff45619a72699c638c3c23ccbc1c.jpeg
expand...
Paul Butler, rock solid centre half who went on and played in the Premier League for Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers, and was also a former captain of Leeds United, scored an iconic winner for Bury at Manchester City, causing a Man City fan to tear up his season ticket and the Man City manager to be sacked for losing to Bury

We really need the support of you Bears on this. We purposely chose everything about this game because we knew of the passion & loyalty of the Rangers fans to Lee Rigby and the British Armed Forces. The game is on Lee’s birthday. The Foundation want to buy caravans to allow injured servicemen & women respite or holidays.

I know a lot of you have helped out already, but we need more. Please donate what you can to some very worthy causes.

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE.
icon_heartbeat.gif.4e78d05b87ddfe331d45a7dcd3fe2cc4.gif

Thanks in advance.

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with thousands lining the streets of Bury to pay their respects to Fusilier Lee Rigby:

LEST WE FORGET

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

Last edited:
The game is approaching
4th July
Just wait for the team lists
I'm really looking forward to it and more importantly donating to 3 great causes...The Lee Rigby Foundation, Rangers Charity and Bury's Disabled Supporters.

What do you Bears think? You've gone a bit quiet on us. Is it pre match nerves?! ;)

Seriously though, we need your HELP lads and lasses...all 3 causes have been massively affected by Coronavirus and need our HELP. But this can only be a success for them via Glasgow Rangers massive worldwide fan base. It really is that simple.

I've donated £47.87 (Lee's birthday was 4/7/87) and I'm more than happy to do that for 3 great causes. But if you can only afford a fiver that's fine too, in fact, even more generous...coz I can afford 50 quid. But we need your HELP...we can't make this a success without Glasgow Rangers supporters. It really is that simple.

Maybe the title heading of the post needs to be more about the actual charities needing help rather than the virtual reality game side of it, we really could be doing with more hits on the thread.
So anybody who's reading this for the first time although the virtual game is an excellent idea during these times, it's all about the charities mentioned beforehand, these charities are struggling due to the virus creating the circumstances we're going through.
Every donation is crucial, and time is running short, thanks again

Maybe the title heading of the post needs to be more about the actual charities needing help rather than the virtual reality game side of it, we really could be doing with more hits on the thread.
So anybody who's reading this for the first time although the virtual game is an excellent idea during these times, it's all about the charities mentioned beforehand, these charities are struggling due to the virus creating the circumstances we're going through.
Every donation is crucial, and time is running short, thanks again
Thanks Acousticblue, you are right.
The three charities need all the support possible, and we fans get to see a "first" in watching a FIFA game of Rangers Legends v Bury Legends, what a brilliant idea

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE.
Thank you for your support
The game is on 4th July at 3.00pm
Get your ticket now

Can I just say thank you to everyone who has donated. Your money will be used wisely.
I understand that a lot of people may not wish to watch what they consider a few dafties playing a video game.
As one of the lead coordinators I don't intend to watch more than a few minutes myself just to make sure it's working OK.
If you do feel like that please don't let it stop you making a donation if you can

Thanks

Can I just say thank you to everyone who has donated. Your money will be used wisely.
I understand that a lot of people may not wish to watch what they consider a few dafties playing a video game.
As one of the lead coordinators I don't intend to watch more than a few minutes myself just to make sure it's working OK.
If you do feel like that please don't let it stop you making a donation if you can

Thanks
Bump

Thanks
THIS.

The Lee Rigby Foundation (to support bereaved families of military personnel); Rangers Charity (for various community projects in Glasgow) and Bury Community Society (to improve disabled facilities). Who have all been affected massively by Coronavirus.

So I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 great causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

charities-300x49.gif

It's nearly here

charities-300x49.gif

Very close now, keep an eye out for the good news

WOW! BRING IT ON!!!

Come on you Bears, we've spent thousands of hours of our free time on this for three great charities...

...you know what to do. ;)

THANK YOU Rangers FANS for your support
We had our club stolen by a chairman who doesnt even like football and didnt even know Bury FC was a football club when he bought us for £1 off the previous chairman who borrowed excessive money against our ground, Gigg Lane
Then we got dumped out of the English Football League
The pain is unbelievable, our community has been devastated, and this was before coronavirus.
This is what we have been reduced to, a virtual game of football now means so much more than you might imagine, and it helps 3 good causes
Your support is amazing and uplifting

Our goalkeepers are Dean Keily who was with WBA for a while, and our Ace World Class Neville Southall, so i envisage a clean sheet.
We even had to leave out current England keeper Nick Pope and Denmark's Kasper Schmeikel amongst some other fine Bury goalkeepers
Archie Montgomery would have been a good shout, played in goals for both clubs, all be it over 100 years ago, lol

Back