Virtual Season Ticket, value for money?

No not value for money when its only home games that are not on sky and i accept thats not rangers fault but then again i paid to watch Kevin Kyle play ffs, i accepted at the beginning of the season we might not get to a game and was still happy to pay what is essentially a donation but what i would like is rangers to acknowledge this and give season ticket holders some sort of money cant buy token gesture or keepsake that recognizes our continual support in what could be a momentous year.
Just my opinion

Of course it's not value for many especially when your buying 3 like I am and cant get in.

I wont be caring when we win the league though.

This is a topic for debate, not the usual “no one forces you to buy” etc

In June Stewart Robertson gave an update on the start of the new season which included the plans for VST and he also stated he had hoped we’d have fans back by early part of the season, this didn’t happen obviously.
what he said that gives me food for thought is this -
“In terms of the streaming, we will ensure that every season ticket holder has access to Rangers home matches.

"That’s regardless of whether you are a Sky Sports subscriber you’ll get RangersTV and we’re conscious that we need to get value for fans who have got season tickets.”

My question is (taking away the teams performance for a minute) has the VST provided value for money?
In comparison with RTV unlimited which is around 40% of the cost of an adult ST and has access to everything including the matches that VST get.
If my decision to purchase a ST was all about value for money then I wouldn’t buy a ST whether it was a VST or a ST that allowed me access to the games.

The standard of football we get in this league is pretty woeful and not worth the current prices charged.

It’s just as well I have other motives that make me purchase a ST each season.

I’ve really enjoyed the coverage. Obviously it isn’t value for money. I’d like to think there will be a cap on season ticket prices across the board next season if we are still looking at no crowds. £500 would seem reasonable I don’t think people should suffer another season of paying upwards of that to watch it on the tele.

Yeah, I am/was kinda sympathetic to that idea. SLO has explained the problems in one of his posts - mainly centred around subsequent cancellations or refunds of subscriptions. I suspect more than half of all adult season ticket holders will have a RangersTV subscription of some sort already. I suggested a half-way house approach in that post but not sure if its workable.

The reason subscriptions will be so high is because fans wanted the extra mygers points. Another tactic by the club to essentially encourage fans into buying points as it was the difference for some fans between gold/silver and silver/bronze

The reason subscriptions will be so high is because fans wanted the extra mygers points. Another tactic by the club to essentially encourage fans into buying points as it was the difference for some fans between gold/silver and silver/bronze
Could well be one factor but let’s not pretend the monthly Standard subscription didn’t have a high uptake well before MyGers came into play.

Could well be one factor but let’s not pretend the monthly Standard subscription didn’t have a high uptake well before MyGers came into play.

I’d be shocked if the subscriptions didn’t at least double to be honest.

I doubt we’ll ever know but I know people who bought RTV and haven’t ever logged back into their account after signing up.

In June Stewart Robertson gave an update on the start of the new season which included the plans for VST and he also stated he had hoped we’d have fans back by early part of the season, this didn’t happen obviously.
“In terms of the streaming, we will ensure that every season ticket holder has access to Rangers home matches.

"That’s regardless of whether you are a Sky Sports subscriber you’ll get RangersTV and we’re conscious that we need to get value for fans who have got season tickets.”

My question is (taking away the teams performance for a minute) has the VST provided value for money?
In comparison with RTV unlimited which is around 40% of the cost of an adult ST and has access to everything including the matches that VST get.

Does RTV unlimited allow you to watch all league games live only because of the pandemic? Is this home games only?

Does RTV unlimited allow you to watch all league games live only because of the pandemic? Is this home games only?
Here's what you can expect with our RangersTV Premium subscription:

• Watch every Scottish Premiership match LIVE if you are outside the United Kingdom
  • Exclusive interviews with players, Steven Gerrard & football staff
  • Original feature videos and documentaries
  • Full match replays* including pre-match, half time and full time shows
  • Extensive highlights of every men’s and women’s first team matches
  • Full Press Conferences and Match Reaction for every game
  • Go behind the scenes with our flagship Inside Ibrox and Away Days features for every match
  • Get on the pitch at the Rangers Training Centre with regular Training Ground features
  • Access our extensive archive of match action from through the years

Here's what you can expect with our RangersTV Premium subscription:

• Watch every Scottish Premiership match LIVE if you are outside the United Kingdom
  • Exclusive interviews with players, Steven Gerrard & football staff
  • Original feature videos and documentaries
  • Full match replays* including pre-match, half time and full time shows
  • Extensive highlights of every men’s and women’s first team matches
  • Full Press Conferences and Match Reaction for every game
  • Go behind the scenes with our flagship Inside Ibrox and Away Days features for every match
  • Get on the pitch at the Rangers Training Centre with regular Training Ground features
  • Access our extensive archive of match action from through the years

So its only available to fans outside the uk, not an either or for a virtual season ticket holder in uk

So its only available to fans outside the uk, not an either or for a virtual season ticket holder in uk
Strictly speaking, no. A VPN bypasses that.
From a purely legitimate side, yes it isn’t an option for a uk user.

No reason it couldn’t have been offered to season ticket holders for all home league games only, all content (interviews etc)

I really see RTV as an added bonus. I paid my season tickets to keep the seats as I'm not about to give them up, covid or no covid.

Never really had any issues with the service and always found it invaluable when I was working overseas.

RangersTV Unlimited gets you all live games, home and away, apart from EL group stages onwards plus all other RangersTV content. Provided you are overseas or use a VPN to appear overseas. Nothing to do with the pandemic.

The VST package is live home games only. It will end when we get back into Ibrox.

RangersTV Unlimited gets you all live games, home and away, apart from EL group stages onwards plus all other RangersTV content. Provided you are overseas or use a VPN to appear overseas. Nothing to do with the pandemic.

The VST package is live home games only. It will end when we get back into Ibrox.
I’m not sure it will. Maybe I’m a different format.

We don’t get domestic cup games either I don’t think on the overseas unlimited.

I’m not sure it will. Maybe I’m a different format.
They’d need the broadcasters and SPFL permission to make matches available in the UK mate. Only way I see that happening is a sea change in rights issues across the UK - and perhaps beyond. Not entirely impossible, these are unprecedented times, but unlikely.

No it is not good value in comparison.

I have delighted with the team so far this season but it is without doubt that those of us who paid £500 plus for season tickets have not received a good deal in comparison to rtv and pay as you go viewers of rangers games

They’d need the broadcasters and SPFL permission to make matches available in the UK mate. Only way I see that happening is a sea change in rights issues across the UK - and perhaps beyond. Not entirely impossible, these are unprecedented times, but unlikely.
10% royalty payment to spfl and 10% to broadcasters. Money talks. Maybe

i have enjoyed it, its not Ibrox but the content has been good and prefer it to skysports. is it value for money?

How much is a years subscription to sky? £600 average? is that value for money?

As a non ST holder for the past two years, I don't think it is.
But to echo what may have said, if fans didn't pay not one person could blame them, but we would be winning the league if they didn't.
It's not an ideal position. Fan loyalty means so much.

For me it’s not about - is it “Value for Money” it’s about backing the Club, The Manager and backing the Team, from a distance for now.

This in turn should get us back to our rightful place at the Very Top of Scottish Football.

Wouldn’t imagine anyone would think £500 for access to a stream is good value for money. It’s an emotional investment though that I and thousands of others are happy to pay. I’ll happily pay it again next season and my wife thinks I’m mad being happy too.

It's never going to be value for money as you are paying the price of going to matches for a stream but they have gave us an excellent punditry team and production. There isn't much else they can do without taking a big financial hit which would effect the first team.

You say to separate it from team performances but you can't. Not only am I paying for a seat at the match, I'm paying for a season ticket so we can make good signings and pay good players wages.

We all bought ST knowing that there wouldn't be a big chance of getting back in. The club invested in the upgrade of RTV both on VST for bandwidth and other content and will continue to grow. The prematch shows with Emma Dodds/Becky Ives, Neil McCann, Alex Rae, Hately, Souness, Smith, Shelley Kerr etc has been magnificent. Im not sure what people were expecting extra especially as the club are investing so heavily in the team and Ibrox infrastructure to make it better for us.

In a normal season our season tickets we go in to watch the match and the money generated goes to build club up so why not now. The club didn't know how long we be locked out ground.

It was never value for money.

I really feel for family members that are ST holders and have been for 35 plus years, in a shielding group that can't gain access to RTV due to being of an age that doesn't have broadband or internet.

I would love to visit them, put RTV on my mobile and let them watch the game live.

Simple things like this are now a new normal.

Yes I will renew as will all my elderly family, they just haven't seen many VST games.

Compared to going to the games games obviously not. However would we have been able to sign players that are helping us win the league without it?
It is amazing what all you season ticket holders forked out for in the numbers you did considering at the time of renewal we all kind of guessed it would be the start of 2021 at the earliest before you could have a chance to see a game(obviously it has turned out longer with the second strain of COVID ).

Without that money banked in the healthy sum that it was at the start of the summer we could potentially have had to balance the books and lost some big players.

Credit to each and every one of you,plenty of us did our bit by buying merchandise and Mygers membership etc but without that cash input at the start you do wonder what position we could have been as far as the playing squad goes.

It was never value for money.

I really feel for family members that are ST holders and have been for 35 plus years, in a shielding group that can't gain access to RTV due to being of an age that doesn't have broadband or internet.

I would love to visit them, put RTV on my mobile and let them watch the game live.

Simple things like this are now a new normal.

Yes I will renew as will all my elderly family, they just haven't seen many VST games.
I doubt there's that many people in that boat.

Think most people who got a season ticket did it to give the club money and the VST is a good bonus. In terms of access to games for non season ticket holders, I don’t think the prices are too bad. I paid St Mirren £12 ish to watch us at their park a few weeks back.
I guess it’s only viewed as good value if you are happy with what we are watching which for the most part is great.

Is it possible to get a refund on your season ticket? I read that the tims have added a clause which stops refunds I wonder if we did the same?

Let me say for the record I find the very idea abhorrent. Everyone should have known in July there was a risk we wouldn’t get in at all not to mention the success it looks like we are going to have. I would guess the uptake would be close to zero but there’s a few Tam Mullens out there

Team are 23 points ahead, barring an absolute disaster we win 55. The club have been phenomenal in managing covid and RTV has ensured I've got to still see every moment of what so far has been a brilliant season. So I would rather be at the football but my season ticket money is for the running of the club and therefore this season it has been value for money.

I went into this season knowing I wouldn’t get my money’s worth and it was pretty much a donation to keep the clubs finances ticking over.

Id be astonished if people were expecting to get their money’s worth in all honesty, it’s the same situation for supporters of all clubs who bought season tickets.

No not value for money when its only home games that are not on sky and i accept thats not Rangers fault but then again i paid to watch Kevin Kyle play ffs, i accepted at the beginning of the season we might not get to a game and was still happy to pay what is essentially a donation but what i would like is Rangers to acknowledge this and give season ticket holders some sort of money cant buy token gesture or keepsake that recognizes our continual support in what could be a momentous year.
Just my opinion
You've still got a team that is on the right track to win our first major trophy in 10 years. What else do you want?

Team are 23 points ahead, barring an absolute disaster we win 55. The club have been phenomenal in managing covid and RTV has ensured I've got to still see every moment of what so far has been a brilliant season. So I would rather be at the football but my season ticket money is for the running of the club and therefore this season it has been value for money.
I don't think value for money comes into it. Most SPFL games aren't ever going to be value for money without the emotional attachment to it and at that point how can you put a price on what someone will pay for an emotional investment? Is it necessary to keep Rangers going is the question and the only answer is yes if you want us to continue progressing as a club.

81 and 83

I was going to my aunt and uncles with my mobile on 4g just so they could see the game.

Aye, I could get them broadband and RTV set up.

Could they work it on their own? I doubt it. Not seen them in 5 weeks.
Might be worth asking the question on here if anyone's figured out an ideal way to remotely control or access an elderly family member's TV or PC to facilitate this. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics but I know that remote access technology lets me log into a PC based elsewhere and that should be transferable to a static PC or laptop connected to a TV in your relatives place. I know it's quite far down the line but if it helps them get some value for money out of their season tickets then it could be useful. If they've got codes then allowing people on here to potentially pay for them is another option (probably frowned on by the club) but might be worth it to some people too.

It's never going to be value for money for me as I detest watching streams. That's not the club's fault.

Not paying for my season ticket simply isn't an option for me if I can afford it.

You can’t separate the performance from the VST offering, I would have paid double for what I’ve had the pleasure to witness thus far and on the day we land 55 id be happy to pay that double figure to enable us to deliver 56 and compete in the Champs league group.....anyone saying the investment in our club won’t be of value when we are sat back in Ibrox on a Champs league Euro night with that tune blaring out has got to be kidding surely?

Back