Virtual Season Ticket, value for money?

No. Its absolutely terrible value for money and will work out at £80 a month over the course or the season for roughly 2 matches a month.

I didn’t want to lose my seat and was hoping we’d be back in the stadium before christmas. So this season I’ve practically paid a £700 retainer fee to keep my ST seat. Which who knows when I’ll sit in again.

We all love the club dearly and every individual with a season ticket has no doubt pumped thousands into the club. But at the end if the day its not a charity. I’m not going to lie. I will be disappointed when/if I am to be expected to pay £700 again for my ST next year without some sort of gesture. Especially since its looking more unlikely there will be anything close to a full capacity. For the foreseeable.

Define value for money?

Paying our bit knowing there was only a slim chance of physically being there but assisting in transfer fee/wages for the guys on the verge of winning the title? Absolutely, yes.

Hundreds of pounds to watch a stream? Absolutely not.

I will renew next season but would expect price to be frozen and not the emotional blackmail of us just wnning the title as a hike in price. Can't see me sticking with MyGers though with my present thoughts.

No. Its absolutely terrible value for money and will work out at £80 a month over the course or the season for roughly 2 matches a month.

I didn’t want to lose my seat and was hoping we’d be back in the stadium before christmas. So this season I’ve practically paid a £700 retainer fee to keep my ST seat. Which who knows when I’ll sit in again.

We all love the club dearly and every individual with a season ticket has no doubt pumped thousands into the club. But at the end if the day its not a charity. I’m not going to lie. I will be disappointed when/if I am to be expected to pay £700 again for my ST next year without some sort of gesture. Especially since its looking more unlikely there will be anything close to a full capacity. For the foreseeable.

Unfortunately mate the alternative is that we sell Morelos, Kamara, Barisic and Kent and replace them with young boys. Gerrard would be away as well.

Unfortunately mate the alternative is that we sell Morelos, Kamara, Barisic and Kent and replace them with young boys. Gerrard would be away as well.
And although I'm not blind to the sentiment, there are potentially hundreds/thousands of people who are currently waiting to buy a season ticket that'll take it off his hands if he feels it isn't worth the holding fee when we get back.

And although I'm not blind to the sentiment, there are potentially hundreds/thousands of people who are currently waiting to buy a season ticket that'll take it off his hands if he feels it isn't worth the holding fee when we get back.

Absolutely.

I pay for two STs and it has never crossed my mind about the money. It's just something I've done for 20 years. I know the club can't really do anything else.

But I can totally understand some fans who are a bit pissed but I'd urge them not to blame the club. There's not much else they can do if we want a team like we have on the park.

I know mate. I chose to pay for the season ticket to keep my seat and to keep the club running business as usual. I knew the risks but my post is on the basis of VST providing VFM which I don’t think it does. The only reason they get to collect that money is because we love the club.

When Sky and BT tried to collect PPV money for games down south there was an outcry. Depending on the cost of your ST, its about £35 a game for RTV if you break it down.

ST money pays the wages of the players and staff who are on the verge of delivering 55.

How much is that worth to you?
All day long and it’s not about being Uber Staunch before people jump in. The club couldn’t have done it this season without this and I live what I’m seeing.

I have been a season ticket holder since I was 16 minus a couple of seasons when we tried to get the spivs out. I had a cracking seat, dead centre on the Govan Rear. As soon as I gave it up for the good of the club somebody else was right in there. Thats when attendances were low. I have a good seat in the CD now so I’m sure if I gave it up, as you rightly say there will be a queue waiting to take it.

I have been a season ticket holder since I was 16 minus a couple of seasons when we tried to get the spivs out. I had a cracking seat, dead centre on the Govan Rear. As soon as I gave it up for the good of the club somebody else was right in there. Thats when attendances were low. I have a good seat in the CD now so I’m sure if I gave it up, as you rightly say there will be a queue waiting to take it.
Aye nobody's saying it's fair but it's just the reality.

Its a stupid question really. We bought a season ticket to go and watch Rangers at Ibrox. None of us have been over the door. How can it be VFM

Because it pays for the team on the park so you could certainly look at it as value for money if viewing from another perspective.

Because it pays for the team on the park so you could certainly look at it as value for money if viewing from another perspective.
I said that in an earlier post. The club needed the money to keep going, we gave it to them. It was the right thing to do and the team have repaid us in spades. VFM is a different matter, but I will renew 3 tickets in May and next May and the May after that whether I get in or not.

I said that in an earlier post. The club needed the money to keep going, we gave it to them. It was the right thing to do and the team have repaid us in spades. VFM is a different matter, but I will renew 3 tickets in May and next May and the May after that whether I get in or not.

Absolutely. Just pointing out why some people may look at it from a different viewpoint and see value for money that's all.

Personally, I'm happy with it because if the club made it cheaper then the team would be worse so I do see it as VFM.

But I totally get why people don't.

The reason subscriptions will be so high is because fans wanted the extra mygers points. Another tactic by the club to essentially encourage fans into buying points as it was the difference for some fans between gold/silver and silver/bronze
Subscriptions were already high but yeah MyGers points are there to reward behaviours the club wishes to encourage which includes RTV as it’s a big part of the forward planning.
So disagree that subs are high as a result of MyGers but MyGers did help make it even higher

Subscriptions were already high but yeah MyGers points are there to reward behaviours the club wishes to encourage which includes RTV as it’s a big part of the forward planning.
So disagree that subs are high as a result of MyGers but MyGers did help make it even higher
Do I get mygers points for my £10 month to Rangers pools?

You got numbers to hand re rangers TV membership last season compared to this?

My comment was based on personal experience after talking to guys I go to football with/looking at social media at the time - sizeable proportion didn’t have it until this season and only signed up for extra points

I understand why points are given for it as it’s a revenue stream for the club but you’d be naive to think thousands didn’t sign up purely due to it improving their total points in mygers

Its not value for money but if someone said to me at the start of the season we would win 55 if I donate the £600 to Rangers then it would be a no brainer so I use that logic to convince myself its worth it

This is my first season with a season ticket since I gave my last one up in 2008 due to work and family commitments so Im gutted I cant be there but winning the title will be worth the sacrifice

I've got one ST and would take a second next season. But I fully understand that this might not be possible for others.
If its not possible for others then it wouldn't matter if its behind closed doors or not. They still have to sell ST. The price of the seat is to view the match and its and an investment in the team. The club has done its best in a bad situation which is no fault of the club.

The VST should have been half the price and clubs allowed to sell more (in our case at least double). Appreciate Sky would have an issue with that.
Those with seats should’nt be paying full whack or risk losing their seat.

It’s a hard one because given the way this season has went I’d pay y season ticket money all over again if it was going to guarantee this level of good feeling and hopefully the league.
BUT take the performance away on pure value for money terms I don’t think it’s been anyware near worth it not even close to it

I think we should have been given full access to rangers tv and all matches home away and cups.

However the way it’s going so far I’m not really bothered and I think the vast majority of fans will be of the same mind

You can never get value for money if you're paying the same to watch at home on TV as you would to actually be there.

Same applies to the theatre, the pub, etc. Part if what you're paying for is the experience, the surroundings.

I'm not sure what else the club could have done. They need to maximise every revenue stream, I'm sure we all agree on that.

Our money has allowed the club to sign Hagi, Roofe, Itten, keep Morelos, etc. and they are about to deliver our dream of 55.

Money well spent.

It’s a hard one because given the way this season has went I’d pay y season ticket money all over again if it was going to guarantee this level of good feeling and hopefully the league.
BUT take the performance away on pure value for money terms I don’t think it’s been anyware near worth it not even close to it

I think we should have been given full access to Rangers tv and all matches home away and cups.

However the way it’s going so far I’m not really bothered and I think the vast majority of fans will be of the same mind
That isn’t and wasn’t within Rangers gift. That’s down to the broadcaster and the SPFL. In fact, the broadcaster would no doubt argue that they’ve bent over backwards by agreeing to let us view home matches which they don’t screen. It’s not Rangers who own the rights.

This season is an exception, so I'll say yes on the basis that the club needed the cash and the situation is so unprecedented and unpredictable.

Next season? They can't try and charge the same again. There's no chance it will be worth it because we know its unlikely we'll see full capacity stadiums from August, if at all. It will be very interesting to see how they play it. If they offer the same service again at the same price, don't be surprised if people simply don't sign up.

This season is an exception, so I'll say yes on the basis that the club needed the cash and the situation is so unprecedented and unpredictable.

Next season? They can't try and charge the same again. There's no chance it will be worth it because we know its unlikely we'll see full capacity stadiums from August, if at all. It will be very interesting to see how they play it. If they offer the same service again at the same price, don't be surprised if people simply don't sign up.

Realistically ST prices will need to remain the same but any increase from the club would be ripping the piss

I think the club need to be upfront as to whether they’ll be offering the discounted PPV price to non-ST holders before the season starts. There’s loads of uncertainty re jobs etc so some may choose not to renew if they know they’ll be able to pay at least £16/17 less per game to watch at home

Ive got 2 season tickets,tbh ive not used it at all as ive vpn see all games anyway i dont think the club can offer any more than they are,only thing im wary of buying another 2 mygers memberships next year for same price that was basically a donation to the club,i would think next season a big discount should be offered to st holders on that one.

Haven’t time to read 6 pages.

Rangers need to get the broadcast up in time. At least a minute or so behind. If Sky sports is on in the back ground, it comes on well before RTV show any goals.

That said, it’ll be getting paid again next season as required.

This gets said a lot on here, seems strange then that the club had to price the individual games at £10 each to entice people to watch them on a PPV basis.

surely the people waiting in the wings desperate for a season ticket would have forked out £25-£30 a game to help the club this year.

Realistically ST prices will need to remain the same but any increase from the club would be ripping the piss

I think the club need to be upfront as to whether they’ll be offering the discounted PPV price to non-ST holders before the season starts. There’s loads of uncertainty re jobs etc so some may choose not to renew if they know they’ll be able to pay at least £16/17 less per game to watch at home
I think this would be fair, it would be a kick in the stones if the prices were increased then the games were available at a tenner each on a ppv basis.

I think this would be fair, it would be a kick in the stones if the prices were increased then the games games were available at a tenner each on a ppv basis.

I do understand the argument for maximising profits and the £10 was more palatable for game-to-game fans however if the club are going to do it again, the club should be transparent at renewal time

I seen your point above re fans on the waiting list being willing to pay £25-30. The club should’ve had a mechanism in place whereby fans on the waiting list were rewarded points for buying at an enhanced price - everyone on the waiting list is a member of mygers so it could’ve worked

No, it’s absolutely not value for money, of course it’s not, but it was never going to be.

We all knew when we renewed that we were getting value for cash and it was a combination of a donation to the club we love during this pandemic and also to protect our seats for next season.

Haven’t time to read 6 pages.

Rangers need to get the broadcast up in time. At least a minute or so behind. If Sky sports is on in the back ground, it comes on well before RTV show any goals.

That said, it’ll be getting paid again next season as required.
That applies to EVERY internet stream mate. SkyGo, BTSport website the lot. It’s how the Internet works. Turn off your phone, turn off the tv, logout of FF - you’re there enjoy Rangers after all.

I hope the club reduces prices for VST next season and to be fair I think they will introduce some kind of measures.

Emotive subject and one I think many will be scared to put their head above the parapet for fear of reproach by fellow fans.

Did Bar/Club72 and hospitality get refunded game by game?

If they did for me that’s not right. Yes they put more money in but would think it’s relative, because they can, same as those of us in the £500 seats, it’s within our means.

Saw there was fans forced out of there because they couldn’t afford the increase, paid their season ticket in another part of the ground then found out that they could’ve got B72 for free basically this season and would’ve been able to afford the additional increase again next season.

As a donation to what’s been happening on the pitch 100% yes it’s been worth it. As a product, no.

I’m also not a fan of mygers which is a shameless money grab dressed up as a loyalty scheme, I’ve paid it but don’t get any satisfaction or feel it’s worth doing it other than the points that may or may not work in my favour one day.

As bronze member with lost TC points it’s unlikely, but that subject has also been done to death before.

Lets be honest those the renewed for this season did so out of love for the club because we knew the pandemic would affect us money wise. No value as such in that if you can't take your seat at Ibrox.

I think we are approaching the time though where pressure will start being applied across society, not just from football clubs, to start getting back to some sort of normality.

I reckon there is about 4-6 weeks of patience left before it starts.

Value for money is knowing you’re doing your bit to keep the club going and allowing it to continue investing in the playing squad to deliver the results it currently is despite every club in world football struggling financially. We were losing money before the pandemic, never mind now.

Its not value for money and some things need to be sorted for next season as this will continue for a while i think.

1. you can only really charge on season ticket per house people will not be be able to afford 4 season tickets if they are all watching from one place

2. Virtual season tickets all have to be the same price you can not charge more to view from home for a season ticket in the higher priced seats in the stadium than you do for the lower priced ones.

Rangers did not sell a virtual home season ticket, they sold a normal season ticket

There is agreement in place to offer that season ticket holder an alternative option to see the game while they can't attend, if allowed to attend even in reduce capacity then the virtual season ticket option isn't available for that game

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wonder if we knew that we would go the whole season without attending games, would all season ticket holders have been charged the same eg cheaper end of the season ticket price band? Seems unfair that some fans have paid say £500 for a season ticket and others have paid £700 or whatever. I have a cheaper season ticket being in the enclosure so this isn’t a personal grumble, just a thought. I’m sure there are many ST holders who are happy to pay there normal price as its money to the club but we are all paying different amounts for the same service this season, whether you’re ST is in the far corner of the enclosure or in the middle of the main stand, there’s no advantage this season in having a ‘better’ seat.

Value for money? Absolutely not and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Will I renew again for next season even though it's likely to be AT LEAST half a season of more of the same? Absolutely.

I've found every game impressively reliable and would take issue with the patchy comment earlier. I'm guessing that the set up on your side.
Totally disagree about loss of VST being our faults, I have a high speed broadband signal. I have also been taken through an ABC from RTV confirming login, and still have problems instead of Safari I have installed Chrome, I’ve managed to see approx half the home games. RTVs communications are poor, and yes like others I regard our STs as donations to the Club, so the VST would be great, If it worked, this from the two of us who have been Supporters for over Sixty Years. I would also like to thank Valley Bluenose for all the help, there are problems.

As a game by game service it’s not value for money.

To keep the club going and buy players to help us compete this year it is.

Value for money? Absolutely not and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Will I renew again for next season even though it's likely to be AT LEAST half a season of more of the same? Absolutely.
Said the same mate.
I'm ready to renew not knowing if we will get back in at all next season.

The only reason I bought an annual RTV subscription was for the MyGers points so it is clever marketing

The only reason I bought an annual RTV subscription was for the MyGers points so it is clever marketing
That's a good thing for the Club then. Right?;)

That notion has been repeated on here multiple times, and I've no doubt some did purchase for the points, but I wonder how many actually saw their MyGers tier change as a result of buying a RangersTV subscription. I'd wager the numbers were comparatively small.

That's a good thing for the Club then. Right?;)

That notion has been repeated on here multiple times, and I've no doubt some did purchase for the points, but I wonder how many actually saw their MyGers tier change as a result of buying a RangersTV subscription. I'd wager the numbers were comparatively small.
As i said it’s clever marketing my tier didn’t change just got me closer to Gold :D :D

Back