"Virtual SPFL season ticket" on its way from Sky

Says on that article about selling a virtual package to ST holders! F**king boot in the balls to anyone who has renewed their ST!

The more you think about it that can't be the case, I mean it makes so little sense. Likely to cause uproar, people may even cancel STs, etc.

Also sounds like it restricts massively the amount they could sell if they can't sell outwith the 45000 existing holders - remembering that if you consider households, that number would come down drastically again as families will only buy one sub.

I think they've just written it badly.

Probably offer ST holders a "discount" on the virtual package! Bet that's what will happen to try and sweeten us!

Sorry but there's not a chance I'm paying any more for a stream. They've already had over £500 worth of loyalty from me. I'll watch the full game at midnight on RTV if need be.

How does it work, if i pay say £750 for my season ticket and get the virtual season ticket included in that price.

However someone else in another area of the stadium is paying £500 and getting the virtual season ticket included in their season ticket?

Need more answers, paying £250 more for the same service isn't an option.

Sorry but there's not a chance I'm paying any more for a stream. They've already had over £500 worth of loyalty from me. I'll watch the full game at midnight on RTV if need be.
Iptv and I dont care if that makes me unstaunch. £500 for my st which I likely wont sit in till next year with 3 kids during an economic crisis due to a pandemic. Nope.

Someone else will have mentioned this, but as an existing Sky Sports customer, does this mean I'll no longer get to see the 18-odd live Rangers games a season that my subscription currently gets?

This is why I didn’t renew right away.

Let’s see what Rangers offer us. I am willing to assist the club with money but I am also not in the habit of throwing money at them and not knowing what I’m getting.

Think when Rangers stream games for all for those mid-season friendlies out in Dubai etc.

Lagging every two seconds, looks like your watching through a kaleidoscope.

Now imagine when that demand to log on to watch is considerably increased beyond belief?

Get a better view of the pitch from the moon.

So a ST holder would need to then buy this as well? What if you don’t have Sky, would you then need to pay a subscription to them to get the access to start with?
Well no because it’s not sky who are providing the extra matches - our home matches will be provided by RTV other than ones that have been pre agrees to be live on Sky.

I’m sure that our usual games scheduled for Sky which are away games + old firms will be shown on Sky. Our home games will be shown on RTV and season ticket holders will get this included with the price of their season ticket.

Hopefully we’ll be able to have a reduced capacity at some point so we can at least get to 1 in 3 or 4 games. I’m also hopeful it won’t be for the full season maybe just until 2021 (Hopefully!!!)

BBC are reporting it’s for season ticket holders too, they say it’s unclear what will happen with non season ticket holders.

Jesus wept. Let's see if the club actually try to charge then or if they're sensible enough to give it for free.

Well no because it’s not sky who are providing the extra matches - our home matches will be provided by RTV other than ones that have been pre agrees to be live on Sky.
What about ST holders who dont have an RTV subscription?

Surely the thing to do is say. This season you are buying a virtual season ticket at £500 (or X amount). This will include keeping your season ticket until football returns.

Everyone paying the same figure.

What about ST holders who dont have an RTV subscription?
I am of the opinion that you will be required to sign up to RTV but take no subscription - link your ST and then it should unlock the home matches.
very easy to do from the clubs side and is the minimum should be provided. ST holders shouldn’t and won’t be charged anymore IMO

Absolute farce but not unexpected. No refund from last season, paying for half a non season this season AND now paying to watch the games we've paid for...

Yet in last few decades haven't protected, helped or assisted our political struggles which have left us as f***ing pariahs.

Absolute farce but not unexpected. No refund from last season, paying for half a non season this season AND now paying to watch the games we've paid for...

Yet in last few decades haven't protected, helped or assisted our political struggles which have left us as f***ing pariahs.
Before slaughtering the club, do we actually know what they are doing?

Would it not make more sense to actually hear what the club plan on doing before slagging them off?

Surely the thing to do is say. This season you are buying a virtual season ticket at £500 (or X amount). This will include keeping your season ticket until football returns.

Cynical viewpoint perhaps but if clubs can get away with tiered pricing and roll in a virtual ST then they are hardly going to take a self-inflicted financial hit by making it flat rate for all. Depending on the flat rate price that might actually be significantly more than the price of an actual ST in various parts of the ground.

That’s before you get to the logistical challenges around refunds for supporters who have already paid next season’s ST, and the fact this streaming arrangement might only be in place for part of the season.

The scum apparently saying that for them this won't be an extra payment for season ticket holders.

Hope Rangers do the same, I'm almost sure we will.

That would be the fairest way to do if all the games are to be played behind closed doors.
Everyone’s view would be the exact same so we should all pay the same.
It would also save families having to shell out for multiple ST’s.

There is a working party on broadcasting and how they go about and if that is is how they decided then fair enough just need to wait and see what happen next eh!

Broadcasting and Innovation (Chaired by Neil Doncaster)

NameClub / Organisation
James BisgroveCommercial & Marketing Director, Rangers
Dave CormackChairman, Aberdeen
Ron GordonChairman, Hibernian
David HamiltonScottish Government
Kerry KeenanHead of Marketing and Multimedia, Celtic
Kieran KoszaryExecutive Director, Falkirk
Gregg McEwanHead of Marketing & Commercial Operations, Kilmarnock
Rod McKenzieSPFL Legal Counsel
Chris RawlingsCommercial Director, Scottish FA
Andrew SinclairHead of Partnerships, SPFL
Duncan SmillieDirector, Partick Thistle

Terms of reference:

1. Production
    2. Transmission methods
    3. Broadcast and content opportunities: online streaming (UK and overseas); associated payment platform(s)
    4. Virtual season tickets and other innovations
    5. Radio
    6. Club channels/broadcast partner interaction
    7. Blocked hours

Before slaughtering the club, do we actually know what they are doing?

Would it not make more sense to actually hear what the club plan on doing before slagging them off?

Of course but absorbing all the costs on our behalf seems a long shot. Fair play if they do though.

Let’s wait and see what the clubs policy and plan is for this before being critical.

If Rangers weren't aware this cunning plan was being announced then they should tell us so. Otherwise they should have had their own announcement ready to roll to avoid this speculation. Remember - they keep telling us we fans are important.

If Rangers weren't aware this cunning plan was being announced then they should tell us so. Otherwise they should have had their own announcement ready to roll to avoid this speculation. Remember - they keep telling us we fans are important.

What other clubs have statements out already?

Of course but absorbing all the costs on our behalf seems a long shot. Fair play if they do though.
I think there will be a very good uptake from non ST holders as long as they price it correctly and sort out normal RTV issues like buffering etc.

If they price it too high then people will just go down the dodgy stream route.

Someone else said the Shettlestons announced ST holders would get it free. No idea if it’s true or not but if it is then it would almost force us to do the same.

I am of the opinion that you will be required to sign up to RTV but take no subscription - link your ST and then it should unlock the home matches.
very easy to do from the clubs side and is the minimum should be provided. ST holders shouldn’t and won’t be charged anymore IMO

And what do Rangers do regarding households that have more than one ST holder, 3 or 4 subs to Rtv are not needed.
There is hell of alot of detail needing worked on before this is put to the support.

What other clubs have statements out already?

This does not have to be an arm wrestle about staunchness. Why would I give a flying feck what any other club are doing? We have 40k season ticket holders and my point is they should be important to the club.

And what do Rangers do regarding households that have more than one ST holder, 3 or 4 subs to Rtv are not needed.
There is hell of alot of detail needing worked on before this is put to the support.
I don’t have all the answers but people knew the risks before renewing I’m afraid

There is no way Rangers would charge us for it. I'm guessing they will announce it in time. Hope they don't do some bullshit like you need a £6/month membership with RTV to watch them.

I'm guessing it is only home games then?

Back