Vitor Pereira

Rupert Pupkin

Isn't that they guy that was rumoured to come to us if we had managed to get promoted under McCall?

Apparently he was close to taking over at Everton but may pull out after fan backlash. Some fan has spray painted Pereira out, Lampard in on a wall. :))

I don't really know much about him but he seems to have a fairly good CV. Why anyone would want a manager that flopped in his last job with very limited experience over a man with a successful track record I don't really understand.

Think with us it was more than a rumour. If I remember correctly, Dave King had pretty much sounded him out and he would have been appointed had we won that play off.

Interesting to think how things may have panned out if we had gone up.

I don't see why neither have any real CV to show they will take Everton forward it's more to do with who they are.
Would have got the fans totally on board and they know the PL and Everton they’ve tried Martinez,Silva,Koeman,Ancelotti and Benitez and had no success why not Ferguson or Rooney

It's mental how many journeyman Portuguese managers there are compared to other nationalities. They all follow similar career paths, beginning at Porto/Benfica/Sporting, before progressing onto your Turkeys and Greeces, normally spending time in the middle east, before finally coming back and somehow getting jobs in Europe purely due to their experience. 99 times out of 100 they get sacked within the first season.

It's like the guy who just got the Nigeria job too. I wonder if it's still the Mourinho effect at play or if they just interview well like Pedro

Think with us it was more than a rumour. If I remember correctly, Dave King had pretty much sounded him out and he would have been appointed had we won that play off.

Interesting to think how things may have panned out if we had gone up.
We would’ve needed some amount of extra investment if we went up that summer

Would have got the fans totally on board and they know the PL and Everton they’ve tried Martinez,Silva,Koeman,Ancelotti and Benitez and had no success why not Ferguson or Rooney
Getting the fans onboard is okay but how long does that last when the results do not improve?
Both inexperienced and done nothing in management.

He would have been a great capture for us at the time, to be getting an ex-Porto manager in the condition we were in would have been a good appointment.

I'm sure that summer the majority of the squad were out of contract so he would have had a blank canvas almost with a slightly bigger budget seeing as we would have been back in the top division.

Likely would have been numerous bosmans, loans and bargains from Portugal. Who knows how it would have played out? Defo a sliding doors moment, he would have only been up against Ronnie or whatever that clown was called so would have been in with half a chance.

Getting the fans onboard is okay but how long does that last when the results do not improve?
Both inexperienced and done nothing in management.
The managers i quoted were all experienced and some big names and done nothing I’d go with they two or Lampard who else are they going to get

My jaw is genuinely on the floor at this car crash live interview he’s giving sky sports news right now

What’s he saying?

He was on giving a live interview saying talks went well and he’s waiting on feedback or an offer. I can’t give it justice describing how mental that just was. It seemed like the presenter couldn’t believe this was actually happening as well.

Any Everton fan watching that will be doing it with their hands over their face. He was practically begging Everton to get back to him and let him know if he’s getting the job. It was like when Odemwingie turned up on transfer deadline day at QPR for a move.

He was on giving a live interview saying talks went well and he’s waiting on feedback or an offer. I can’t to it justice describing how mental that just was. It seemed like the presenter couldn’t believe this was actually happening as well.

Any Everton fan watching that will be doing it with their hands over their face. He was practically begging Everton to get back to him and let him know if he’s getting the job.
Everton could’ve told him to do it to get the fans back onside maybe

He would have been a great capture for us at the time, to be getting an ex-Porto manager in the condition we were in would have been a good appointment.

I'm sure that summer the majority of the squad were out of contract so he would have had a blank canvas almost with a slightly bigger budget seeing as we would have been back in the top division.

Likely would have been numerous bosmans, loans and bargains from Portugal. Who knows how it would have played out? Defo a sliding doors moment, he would have only been up against Ronnie or whatever that clown was called so would have been in with half a chance.
they went out and got Brendan Rogers after Warburtons semi final win so i think you're maybe 1 year out

It was incredible and symptomatic of how Everton are run as a club

I don’t think it’s Everton’s doing mate. It’s textbook move from Pereira’s agent Kia Joorabchian. If I was to guess he maybe knows he’s not getting the job so he’s whoored him on SSN to sell himself to other clubs.

I don’t think it’s Everton’s doing mate. It’s textbook move from Pereira’s agent Kia Joorabchian. If I was to guess he maybe knows he’s not getting the job so he’s whoored him on SSN to sell himself to other clubs.
I had no idea that was his agent that would explain such a bizarre interview

How many times can big Dunc be the bridesmaid, i imagine he is pretty fvcked off constantly being bypassed.
If a new manager brings all his own staff in he might be out the door.

How do you go from having a CL winner in charge to looking like you're going to get relegated and literally fall to pieces?

Possibly the most dysfunctional clubs in top tier football

Back