VLOG of a couple lads up from Millwall for Sparta game

it was a good watch but to correct the bloke when they were sitting in the Bristol, I wouldn't say its a celebration of everything English but everything British!

In my experience the Chelsea/Millwall/London folk who take an interest in Rangers do so because they see it as some kind of English culture and right wing in nature.

They generally have little knowledge of the Loyalist/Orange traditions in Scotland, NI and parts of Northern England like Liverpool.

Ignorance like that in the video is no surprise. He nearly said the poppy was a Millwall thing in the video. :D

Enjoyed it, too. The bloke probably doesn't know it but Black Watch tartan is pretty staunch. One of the few times it's acceptable to wear green...

Good watch that.

The atmosphere at Ibrox during big games is mostly excellent. These English guys coming up to do vlogs always reinforce that

In my experience the Chelsea/Millwall/London folk who take an interest in Rangers do so because they see it as some kind of English culture and right wing in nature.

They generally have little knowledge of the Loyalist/Orange traditions in Scotland, NI and parts of Northern England like Liverpool.

Ignorance like that in the video is no surprise. He nearly said the poppy was a Millwall thing in the video. :D

'Rangers culture' is far nearer to English culture than Scottish culture these days. Yes, we celebrate British traditions, but the Scottish element has become less and less integral. The fact that one of the only places in Scotland you will see a Union Flag proudly displayed is at Rangers games or establishments tells you everything you need to know about the cultural and political position in Scotland.

As as 'Scot' who has lived half my life in Scotland and half in England I have far more in common with the English and English fans that I do with Scotland fans and many Scottish people.

When English people are bombarded with English hating SNP, Sturgeon, independence every day on their tv's etc it's only natural that English people are happy to see that the Rangers side are 'different' to this, so respect it.

Last edited:
'Rangers culture' is far nearer to English culture than Scottish culture these days. Yes, we celebrate British traditions, but the Scottish element has become less and less integral. The fact that one of the only places in Scotland you will see a Union Flag proudly displayed is at Rangers games or establishments tells you everything you need to know about the cultural and political position in Scotland.

As as 'Scot' who has lived half my life in Scotland and half in England I have far more in common with the English and English fans that I do with Scotland fans and many Scottish people.

When English people are bombarded with English hating SNP, Sturgeon, independence every day on their tv's etc it's only natural that English people are happy to see that the Rangers side are 'different' to this, so respect it.
Rangers being a Scottish Club and Institution is integral to the Club and support. Of course it's not nearer English culture. It's Scottish Unionist culture which is a separate thing entirely. You, obviously, can be a proud Scot and Briton without remotely wanting to be English.

mate, I meant in my post that Id suggest the majority of Rangers fans would be proud to be British and wouldnt say, " I'm proud to be English", because clearly they arent English....

The poppy isnt just an English emblem as the guy in the video was suggesting and for me Rangers are a British club and we as a support are proud to be British...

Thats just my take on it...

Good video, even though his mate saying English rather than British is frustrating.

I found it interesting that he said that Millwall fans and Rangers fans are alike as we both demand the best - they must be seriously disappointed most of the time!

Glad they came up and enjoyed it. I don't think folk in England always realise how phenomenal Rangers and Ibrox are.

There were originally more Orange Lodges in other parts of Lancashire than Liverpool. This due to warrants being brought back from Ireland by serving Regiments.

Even today, there are Lodges in Blackpool, Preston, Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley, Manchester, Runcorn & Stockport.

The guy runs Lions TV, a Millwall fan channel. If you can give a like and follow.
Enjoyed that. I subscribe to Lions TV, he always does a good summary at games . Bit of a step up from hospitality at the Den , and bearing in mind he had an afternoon session before Ibrox , I thought he came across well. I'm at the Den Sat for Birmingham at home, my mate has a box, will keep an eye out for the Lions TV fella and give him some credit

Enjoyed that , got a few mates that support Millwall. Mrs NL family are all Millwall as well . Only been to the stadium once courtesy of @tattiet for one of his many charity events a few years ago.

I enjoyed that as it wasn't a wee poncey vlogger with his dad, it was funny and the lad enjoyed the experience.

Reactions: ao2

I'm in the same boat as you. I've spent about 30 years 'down here' and about 30 years 'up there' and have absolutely nothing in common with small-minded bitter wee Nationalist arseholes. Equally, though, I despise the 'little Englanders' - though I don't meet very many of them and their presence is greatly exaggerated by the ScotchNats.

I think being Scottish and Unionist gives us the best of both worlds. We can be proud of Scotland and its contribution to the world and we can be comfortable being British with its rich cultural history. There's no need to choose when you can, actually, have your cake and eat it!

I'm in the same boat as you. I've spent about 30 years 'down here' and about 30 years 'up there' and have absolutely nothing in common with small-minded bitter wee Nationalist arseholes. Equally, though, I despise the 'little Englanders' - though I don't meet very many of them and their presence is greatly exaggerated by the ScotchNats.

I think being Scottish and Unionist gives us the best of both worlds. We can be proud of Scotland and its contribution to the world and we can be comfortable being British with its rich cultural history. There's no need to choose when you can, actually, have your cake and eat it!
Good post mate and that generally aligns with my thoughts.

I'm British, with a Scottish 'heritage'. Been in Southern England for 24 years and have never had a problem. Culturally and politically I am closer to many people down here. I see what comes out of Scotland these days and I despair. Unionists have no voice or influence and are being 'governed' by a despicable political organization who are determined to make things difficult for those who see themselves as British.

Not so sure i agree mate,i'm friendly with some Millwall lads who travel all over Europe following Rangers,they understand all the Loyalist traditions.

Sorry you are wrong about Union flags. I would put big money on Armadale having more flags flying than anywhere in England of similar size and its the same in most surrounding places.I do agree about the current crop of Scotland fans but I think outside the uber nats you would find more in common than you believe you do. The majority still support the Union despite the SNP vote share.

Not so sure i agree mate,i'm friendly with some Millwall lads who travel all over Europe following Rangers,they understand all the Loyalist traditions.

I'm not trying to make it personal to those two lads as they seem sound but if people are amazed to see 'English' Union Flags outside of England then I just don't think they will have much of an awareness of PUL culture in Scotland and NI.

Again, I'm not trying to make it personal to those two gents but it's not a huge jump to picture how some from dan saaf with similar mind sets could have a problem with boys from the Shankill Road sitting at the table beside them because they think they've just stumbled upon some paddies who shouldn't be in there.

Small point, can someone tell him the Bristol is on Duke St not Bristol St.

Ha....just thinking maybe I should've cut the guy a bit more slack as it's a bar named after an English City filled with Union Flags. Maybe he did think it was English Bar in Glasgow!!! :D

Great vids. Looks like we have gained 2 new fans.

Not many clubs have an identity and culture strong enough to do that.

And let him off the "English culture" comment ... He means British but in England for many it's the same thing as Britain, and always will be, as theres no crazy left wing nationalists trying to break up our union there

Well you have the remoaners I suppose.. but that's different and you get them here too

Would disagree regards your Union Flag observations mate.

It flies proudly all year long at Newton Mearns Cenotaph, along with the British Legion flag and often the RAF flag too.

Thornliebank Cenotaph flies it too, as I'm sure multiple ones across the country do.

I would agree though, that around 40% of this country are deeply entrenched nationalist bigots, that I have absolutely nothing in common with.

Thankfully I don't know any personally.

It flies proudly all year long at Newton Mearns Cenotaph, along with the British Legion flag and often the RAF flag too.

Thornliebank Cenotaph flies it too, as I'm sure multiple ones across the country do.

I would agree though, that around 40% of this country are deeply entrenched nationalist bigots, that I have absolutely nothing in common with.

But that's what I mean mate - these are only small pockets in which the UF flies. It's certainly less visible in Scotland generally. Where it is, it is seen as either racist or sectarian by the scumbags who hate the flag.

I've seen union flags at Rutherglen town hall , Bridgeton Cross and in Edinburgh.

Its a rare pleasant surprise to see, it should be much more common than it is - your think we make up a tiny % of the population

I think where @CoopBlue is coming from is the media in this country and down south very rarely get to see the unionist side of scotland. The impression given is a country full of extras for braveheart.

Ridiculous the time and space given to a noisy minority. It frustrates the life out of me. I'm sick of being made to feel like it's a crime believing in the union and to be honest, I have more hatred for many in Scotland than I do for people in England. So yes the many lads I know from especially the London area, I feel I have a lot more in common with than many up here. Always been treated really well down there.

Not watched it yet but this guy gets it tight from a lot of the Millwall fans, think it’s gotten pretty serious at time.

Back