Void v awarding standings just now? Confused

Ger55

Ok maybe I’m a bit thick but can someone explain what’s is the difference between voiding the season ie. season is incomplete so no awards, restart as we were next season versus stop season now so incomplete season and awarding titles/relegation.

I’ve heard the argument about TV and sponsorship moneys but surely in both scenarios they have paid for a certain amount of games which in either scenario won’t be complete?

I think using the term null & void is helping to muddy the waters a bit the more it is discussed.

The season should be ruled as incomplete, not void (as if it never happened) because that isn't going to be the case. Are Shameless FC going to hand back the League Cup? Of course they arent.

All prize money for all leagues should be pooled and split among the clubs.

Last edited:
I think using the term null & void is helping to muddy the waters a bit the more it is discussed.

The season should be ruled as incomplete, not void (as if it never happened) because that isn't going to be the case. Are Shameless FC going to hand back the League Cup? Of course they arent.

All prize money for all leagues should be pooled and spit among the clubs.

Exactly split the money. It seems like the excuse of tv companies demanding money back would be the same for either scenario. Then the Scottish cup are they just going to give that to them also as the would probably have won it?

The argument that’s being used is if you have a void season Sky and others might ask for their money back which is nonsense for so many reasons.

Firstly the current TV contract comes to an end this May anyway so about 98% of the games Sky and BT have paid for over the last few years have already been shown. Are they going to be petty and demand money back void or not when the deal is a month away from ending anyway?

Secondly companies who paid for other sponsorships in grounds, domestic cups etc won’t see games being played no matter what this season so if they were going to take legal action why does naming the yahoos champions change anything?

Last but not least the suggestion that fans of Ross Country and ST Mirren etc might ask for season ticket money back if the season is void but won’t if they hand the yahoos a title. Another nonsense argument.

I suspect the yahoos are the ones pushing the narrative about season tickets as they are on the hook for up to £4m in compensation if the season ends early. You can bet about 99.99% of the yahoo fans would want a refund if the season is void.

Exactly split the money. It seems like the excuse of tv companies demanding money back would be the same for either scenario. Then the Scottish cup are they just going to give that to them also as the would probably have won it?

The TV companies or supporters demanding their money back would be a consequence of Null & Void if everything was to be wiped from the record books.

The filth friendly journos are getting this out there as they want any prize by fair means or foul.

Nothing should be wiped, merely an asterisk next to this season & possibly next season (depending when it starts) that football was cancelled due to a Global Health Crisis and prizes were held in abeyance.

The argument that’s being used is if you have a void season Sky and others might ask for their money back which is nonsense for so many reasons.

Firstly the current TV contract comes to an end this May anyway so about 98% of the games Sky and BT have paid for over the last few years have already been shown. Are they going to be petty and demand money back void or not when the deal is a month away from ending anyway?

Secondly companies who paid for other sponsorships in grounds, domestic cups etc won’t see games being played no matter what this season so if they were going to take legal action why does naming the yahoos champions change anything?

Last but not least the suggestion that fans of Ross Country and ST Mirren etc might ask for season ticket money back if the season is void but won’t if they hand the yahoos a title. Another nonsense argument.

I suspect the yahoos are the ones pushing the narrative about season tickets as they are on the hook for up to £4m in compensation if the season ends early. You can bet about 99.99% of the yahoo fans would want a refund if the season is void.

Spot on

The whole arguments around TV companies asking for their money back is because Shameless FC are scared they won't be given the title and the Tainted 10 is up in smoke.

Hence why we are now into the 4th week of the campaign to be given the League.

Good post mate.

Just to add to the ridiculousness of the argument that St Mirren, Ross County fans etc would be looking for a refund. Void/calling league as it stands has no bearing on that argument, if no more games are played and cel’ic are names champions if someone wanted a ST refund they could argue ‘I paid for 38 games, I’ve only seen 30, I’m due money back’. Void or calling it as is doesn’t change the fact that all games haven’t been paid.

As you say it’s an agenda completely driven by one club.

All prize money for all leagues should be pooled and spit among the clubs.
I actually don't have an issue with them working out the final standing using an average for prize money and European places etc

However the season is still incomplete, and no silverware should be getting awarded

One does not automatically lead to the other, despite the narrative

I actually don't have an issue with them working out the final standing using an average for prize money and European places etc

However the season is still incomplete, and no silverware should be getting awarded

One does not automatically lead to the other, despite the narrative

I'd agree with that mate.

The more I think on it, because Null & Void has been mentioned, their TwaTs have been trying to scare other fans into believing in a scenario that would wipe everything out this season. In that case then TV companies or fans could ask for their money back.

Holding titles/relegation in Abeyance and handing out prize money is the right thing to do. The season should just be marked as inccomplete due to impact of Coronavirus because at the moment we don't know what the total death figure will be. Who won the SPFL in 2020 will be irelevant.

Back