Voiding league not an option according UEFA

At some point, UEFA will realise that global circumstances dwarf even football.

The sport's reaction is increasingly poor. Football should be careful - furloughing and cutting wages of non-playing staff while players continue on thousands per week is not a good look.

2019-2020 needs a line drawn under it. Football needs to address the future, not the past season.

Unless they're prepared to wait 6 months or so to complete this season, voiding is the only logical outcome.
How do they propose to start next season’s European tournaments?
Personally, I’m less concerned with them being awarded the league this season than them getting the opportunity of another lottery style windfall.
On the European one, how do they propose to complete this seasons tournaments?
Just void them?

i think the league will eventually be null and void,unfortunate for the team i like ,but in my opinion its the correct course of action

That’s very honest of you, but I think that’s what the FA intend to do. Which you would think would make it all the more difficult for the authorities up here to give the scum the title. But I now despair at how rotten and corrupt Scotland has become.

I'm not sure of that, mate. Rangers, just like any other club, are legally obliged to complete a League programme, the end date being May 17th. We are not legally obligated to play beyond that date. If anything, the law is on our side, which could be why the SPFL are taking so long to find legal loopholes to avoid a null and void season.

I agree, but when it comes to us and them, it seems the rule book can always be changed on a whim to accommodate’ them ‘.

Hope I'm wrong but I always thought the null + void debate was a non starter.

The big 5 Leagues allegedly have to finish their leagues out due to potential tv rights issues.

Most secondary leagues will follow suit.

For what it's worse Id be shocked if a ball was kicked here before September.
Spain and Germany want to void this seasob

UEFA need to know the line ups for their money spinning tournaments for season 20/21,Money is football and football is money in the 21st century.

That’s very honest of you, but I think that’s what the FA intend to do. Which you would think would make it all the more difficult for the authorities up here to give the scum the title. But I now despair at how rotten and corrupt Scotland has become.
you would think so ,but as we know the mentally challenged placemen will not care at all in giving them the title ,safe in the knowledge ,there will be no outcry in the press,the rest of the teams in scotland will say f@ck all,our club will make a statement outlining how wrong and unfair it is ,but we will be ridiculed and mocked,and going by previous incidents we will simply say no more ,and let things stand,

I agree, but when it comes to us and them, it seems the rule book can always be changed on a whim to accommodate’ them ‘.

Spot on, mate. We know what the SPFL are like where that mob are concerned. However, if the SPFL could have got away with declaring them title winners, they would have already have done so. Something is preventing them from doing that.

Let’s face it peoples health comes first.
And I hope this Virus goes away as soon as possible.
But...
My hatred for them wants the season null and void.

The 19/20 season will almost certainly be voided. Realistically it's going to be august or September before any kind of football is played and players will need to play some warm up "pre season" games to get their match fitness up otherwise there'll be muscle injuries all over the place.

Scrap this season and plan for a return to Pre Season training late August and for the 20/21 season to begin Mid October. That's surely the most sensible option.

The biggest issue is that clubs, especially in Scotland, will rely heavily on a cash income in the next 2 months from season ticket sales. If they delay next year, where's the money to run the clubs coming from? Do we have an indefinite start date for next year? We cannot sustain those losses, but Celtic cannot either - remember their wage bill is nearly twice ours. Any delay starting next year's league, therefore no season ticket sales will mean the end for Scottish Football. It simply is not possible. We would be spending the same wages with zero new income.

you would think so ,but as we know the mentally challenged placemen will not care at all in giving them the title ,safe in the knowledge ,there will be no outcry in the press,the rest of the teams in scotland will say f@ck all,our club will make a statement outlining how wrong and unfair it is ,but we will be ridiculed and mocked,and going by previous incidents we will simply say no more ,and let things stand,

I think that’s exactly how this will all pan out.

The biggest issue is that clubs, especially in Scotland, will rely heavily on a cash income in the next 2 months from season ticket sales. If they delay next year, where's the money to run the clubs coming from? Do we have an indefinite start date for next year? We cannot sustain those losses, but Celtic cannot either - remember their wage bill is nearly twice ours. Any delay starting next year's league, therefore no season ticket sales will mean the end for Scottish Football. It simply is not possible. We would be spending the same wages with zero new income.

Next year we have been told often enough that the SPFL has secured a more lucrative financial deal as far as broadcasters are concerned. Add season ticket sales and you will have SPFL clubs and the SPFL desperate to get the new season going. If not there will be a risk of season ticket refunds as well as the new broadcaster deal scrapped. EPL may be different as current season money is a mountain compared to our current ant hill. We have many small teams in our leagues that rely on ticket sales.

Now look at how President Trump and how he has changed his tune over this virus. Some are buying time as much as they can before the inevitable happens ie SPFL. Legal reasons will also come into play. The season is null and void and anything else is mickey mouse to offer the biggest tainted trophy ever. So much so our wartime titles would hold multiple more credibility.

No matter what life comes first over finances and they may scream, and shout out loud but at the end of the day Integrity will prevail and the competition will be void. After all, you cannot award winners medals to nonwinners and that's the argument in a nutshell. Human safety comes first and that will determine anything that is planned. There will be no football in Scotland before August at the earliest. Anything else is just pie in the sky.

Take care folks

If the scum are awarded the title, we'll be rounded on for fighting it. Robertson will need to stand with the support on this, as other SPL clubs did in 2012.

If the scum are awarded the title, we'll be rounded on for fighting it. Robertson will need to stand with the support on this, as other SPL clubs did in 2012.
If they are awarded title, and I think they will be by the scotshit football authorities which are almost wholly run by celtic it will be after this crisis is over.Can you imagine the amount of the scum who will be polluting the streets during these times when safety is of paramount with social gatherings and spacing etc. The sfa/spfl and police know the scum will not adhere to rules of safety and be out in their thousands.They will make the over burdened NHS and police even worse.Scum cannot be trusted to act with common and proper sense.

Think you are correct in that the rest will mock us as "poor losers" rather than victims of lack of "sporting integrity"!

Such arrogance from UEFA that they think that they can circumvent local / regional / national laws so that they do not lose their TV money . What would happen if UEFA says play behind closed doors and ol' Boris says "not on my watch " ?

M7Px37p.gif

My golf club have stopped all direct debits. They will start taking it again once golf starts up.
Good for them. Ours sent out a don't think about canceling your direct debit message the day after lock down began. You owe us money was the underlying message.

Canal plus already withholding £150m from the French league .
There lies the problem with all of this. You'll probably find the tv companies arent playing ball here. They've done well out of football,to the point there now running the game.

They're basically holding a pistol to the heads of the big 5 countries.

I am not a great Ajax fan but although they have a good chance of winning the league they made a statement that they preferred this year was pronounced nul and void for the safety of all players and out of respect of the people who have died.

One solution we have up here is playing this seasons games whenever it can be done
Following season would be 22 game season but as others have said. When will it start, will we still have 12 teams and would a player who is out of contract be willing to stay on and wait around.

If we had a 22 game season we could win it, as long as there was no break in the middle.

I am not a great Ajax fan but although they have a good chance of winning the league they made a statement that they preferred this year was pronounced nul and void for the safety of all players and out of respect of the people who have died.

You got a link to that mate

Suppose clubs could do what golf clubs are doing. Take the money regardless of chances of playing.
That would depend on the goodwill of the fans who, in the current climate, may not wish to fork out money for something that they may not get. I'd imagine plenty of people who have lost their job or face uncertainty would put buying a season ticket near the bottom of their priority list.

Null and void ALL leagues across the board. It would show a degree of leadership from UEFA imo. With regards to the prize money involved an adult conversation needs to be had with everyone involved.

Never even mind this season, i think its extremely optimistic that next season will kick off in time, i hope i'm wrong.

Null and void ALL leagues across the board. It would show a degree of leadership from UEFA imo. With regards to the prize money involved an adult conversation needs to be had with everyone involved.
This is the way it has to go. Whatever the decision, it has to be made by UEFA and adhered to across the board.

There lies the problem with all of this. You'll probably find the tv companies arent playing ball here. They've done well out of football,to the point there now running the game.

They're basically holding a pistol to the heads of the big 5 countries.
Agree mate , but with the big five they keep it up it will be to the detriment of the product they sell .

As someone already stated, Spanish league has two points between Real M and Barca, There's no chance of completing the season so they just give the league to the leaders with 11 games to go?!

Absolute bollocks reporting

Agree mate , but with the big five they keep it up it will be to the detriment of the product they sell .
When I seen the conference with rumminigge saying it was all about the money, I knew right away this is where we will be with this. At least he was brutally honest about it, rather than hiding it.

The tv deals make money for the big 5, its everything to them. The rest of us who dont count, not so much.

Back