RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

I’ve been one of the biggest critics of RTV/Shambles TV, yesterday started the installation of it on the IMAC, no success. Contacted RTV, and give credit where credits due, they persevered with a boring old fart and I have got the link up. Hope it’s O.K. for Sunday as the picture quality was very good.

Goodness, if you're happy with RangersTV then the rest of us should be ecstatic.;):)

Glad you are sorted and the test stream is playing for you.

Are you able to recount what Support did to get you sorted - or was it all geeky-magic?

Last edited:
Done all of the stuff can’t get it to work on Telly or iPad. God knows how any of our elder statesmen fans will access games. I will just used an IPTV feed as I can’t be bothered trying anything else

We’ve spoken via PM and, like a few others, @Plantation pioneer now has everything working on his iPad.

Might be more of a challenge getting it working on your SmartTV mate, they can be a pain. Let us know how you get on and, if it works, make and age of your TV.

We’ve spoken via PM and, like a few others, @Plantation pioneer now has everything working on his iPad.

Might be more of a challenge getting it working on your SmartTV mate, they can be a pain. Let us know how you get on and, if it works, make and age of your TV.
Thanks for your help mate , I will try it on telly tomorrow , it’s not that old , Samsung

just got my ST offer today and have paid via bank transfer right away to try get my access code on time for Sunday, I think it might not happen on time but I've emailed as suggested in OP more in hope than expectation given how busy they will be. If it doesn't happen on time i'll just do the PPV but would be nice to save the tenner given what the ST skinned me today!

just got my ST offer today and have paid via bank transfer right away to try get my access code on time for Sunday, I think it might not happen on time but I've emailed as suggested in OP more in hope than expectation given how busy they will be. If it doesn't happen on time i'll just do the PPV but would be nice to save the tenner given what the ST skinned me today!

Good Luck mate. Codes seem to be coming out reasonably quickly from what I've read, but today and tomorrow is, as you say, maybe a bit of a challenge by the time they verify payment etc. Fingers crossed for you.

Not sure if this has been asked. I logged in to the live stream for the Coventry friendly on my phone. Will that mean I can only watch the other games on my phone, or be able to use laptop in future? Cheers

Not sure if this has been asked. I logged in to the live stream for the Coventry friendly on my phone. Will that mean I can only watch the other games on my phone, or be able to use laptop in future? Cheers

The redemption of the Code is Account specific not device specific. You can watch games on whichever device you choose - but not on two at the same time.

Make sure you have been fully logged out on the first device, your phone in your case, before trying to log in on the second device. Otherwise you risk having your Account locked. Sometimes the logout process takes several attempts in my experience. It will revert to reading ‘login’ once it’s done properly.

Now we've heard our stellar line-up I thought I'd get a thread started in the build up to the St Mirren game for those on the virtual season ticket package. Let's try and keep it to that as there are plenty other threads for the 'real' RangersTV.

In todays announcement the club have stressed that those who haven't redeemed their Access Code should do so as soon as possible and suggested that those who have already done so might want to check out the test stream to establish early doors if things are going to work for them.

TIP 1 - Password Errors/Unable to Login. I've seen a load of folk say they can't login and keep getting a message that their email or password is incorrect. The two input boxes for your email and password will automatically capitalise the first letter of each - if you are using a mobile device. It doesn't matter for your email but it is critical for your password. If the first letter of your password is lowercase then it will automatically be changed to upper case unless you turn off the caps lock key. If you don't correct that you will get the error message and be unable to login. It might be that as a result you have setup you account with a password that has a capital letter as the first letter when you thought you were setting it up with a lowercase letter. Or you might have set it up as you intended, with a lowercase letter, but when you subsequently try to login it is defaulting to the uppercase letter and you are not noticing. If you watch as you type you, very briefly, get to see what you have typed in - check it's the right upper/lowercase letter that you intended. If it doesn't work with one then try it with the other - but only once. This isn't peculiar to Rangers its very common on many sites. You should not have the same problem on a desktop/laptop, just on mobile devices. Its a setting on the device and nothing to do with the webpage (thank you @GranvillusClutterbuckus at post #34). If you are still having problems with your Account then these are the guys to email, as it's only them who can help (EDIT: Some later posts suggest if you get an Account Blocked message you can get around it by requesting a Password Reset rather than contacting Support):

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

How To Redeem Your Access Code - Only Applies If You Haven't Done So Already

Tip 2 - Access Codes.
If you are a new Rangers season ticket holder then, firstly, congratulations. Secondly you need to make sure you get your Access Code from the Ticket Office. If you haven't had it then email them on: ticketcentre@Rangers.co.uk.
Though they are, obviously, very busy right now with season tickets.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A RANGERSTV ACCOUNT
  • You must be signed in before redeeming voucher and your voucher will only be able to be used once.
  • Once logged in, go to the link below and redeem.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RANGERSTV ACCOUNT YET
  • Go directly to the link below and redeem, then you can create an account as part of that redemption flow
  • Please ensure you have redeemed well in advance of kick off to avoid any issues accessing, you will only need to redeem the voucher once to be used for all matches behind closed doors.

Checking Your Account Has Set Up Properly and Your Code Has Been Redeemed

Some folk are still struggling with this ‘two webpages’ concept and that’s understandable.

If you want to check that you have set up your Account correctly and that the Access Code has been redeemed against your Account you need to go to the RangersTV website (see link below). If you login there, then go to Account you should see something to the effect 'season ticket package - expires 21 Jul 2021'. If you do, then that part of the process has worked. No additional codes are necessary, the original one is valid throughout the season or until we return. Make sure you Logout fully, sometimes the site is a bit flaky at logging you out.

https://tv.Rangers.co.uk/

After you’ve done that you don’t need to go near the RangersTV page again.

Accessing the live.Rangers.co.uk Website Test Stream

You need to go to the ‘live’ page where the match will be streamed and then follow the step-by-step walkthrough shown in pictures on the Official website. I have lifted the images from that guide and they are shown below. You should be able to do that and view the test video by clicking on 'Watch Now' next to the St Mirren match. Note the Tip about passwords above though.

https://live.Rangers.co.uk/

Tip 3 - Access Codes. You only need to redeem your Access Code once. It is valid throughout the season and does not need to be entered for every match.

Most report success at this stage - provided they are not using an Apple device (unless StreamAMG have solved that problem in the interim, but I haven't heard anything to that effect).

SmartTV browsers are notoriously poor and it really is hit-or-miss whether you will get it to work. That's down to the tv manufacturer. They are not listed as compatible devices by RangersTV.

From what I've read on other threads, it will work with Firesticks, PS4 and XBox using the browser. Its not my area though, but other will advise if asked.

Tip 4 - Apple Devices/Browsers. Many have found that they have issues on Apple devices, though a few posts later in this thread reference success with Safari browser so that may be changing. Some report success by downloading and using the Chrome App to access the live.Rangers.co.uk webpage. Worth a try if you are struggling.

Tip 5 - Apple Devices/Cross Site Tracking. Another tip that those with Apple devices have found sometimes works is to turn off 'Prevent Cross Site Tracking'. Go to Settings-Safari and turn off ‘Prevent Cross Site Tracking’. Works for some, doesn’t work for others. Turn it back on if it doesn’t help you.

If anybody has any other tips they've found that work, post them and I will add them to the OP.

Hopefully @Greg Marshall will keep an eye on this thread and relay any major issues back to StreamAMG for resolution as well.

Finally, whilst there are plenty on her happy to help and advise, the proper channel for support queries is: rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com
This post is a godsend VB, thanks for sharing the steps.

Do you have any tips for logging out the site? As daft as that sounds I seem to be in a loop where I'm still signed in. I was just going to do a quick password check so I'm good to go on Sunday.

This post is a godsend VB, thanks for sharing the steps.

Do you have any tips for logging out the site? As daft as that sounds I seem to be in a loop where I'm still signed in. I was just going to do a quick password check so I'm good to go on Sunday.

I try logging out two or three times. If it still doesn’t work I just close the tab and wait 5 minutes. Then go back to the site after that 5 minutes and, hopefully, it will have logged you out and will say Login. If it doesn’t, refresh the page and see if that helps. Last resort, clear cache/cookies and refresh the page and that should certainly sort it. Pain in the arse at times.

I try logging out two or three times. If it still doesn’t work I just close the tab and wait 5 minutes. Then go back to the site after that 5 minutes and, hopefully, it will have logged you out and will say Login. If it doesn’t, refresh the page and see if that helps. Last resort, clear cache/cookies and refresh the page and that should certainly sort it. Pain in the arse at times.
Some man, cheers

RANGERS are in Scottish Premiership action at Ibrox against St Mirren this Sunday with kick off at 3pm - and you can watch live wherever you are!​
IF YOU ARE AN INTERNATIONAL (UNLIMITED) RTV SUBSCRIBER OR PAY PER VIEW USER

It should be noted that for all the matches at Ibrox behind closed doors, or with restricted fans, in the SPFL Premiership viewers inside as well as outside the UK/ROI can purchase via Pay Per View for £9.99.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE AND VIEW

If you are already an international RangersTV subscriber, or a Pay Per View user then you can click HERE to watch the match on the RangersTV website and app.

IF YOU ARE A RANGERS SEASON TICKET HOLDER

Rangers season ticket holders will be able to watch all home behind closed door matches FREE on RangersTV on live.rangers.co.uk or on the RangersTV app.

As promised, season ticket holders will be provided with complimentary access to all home league games whilst we play behind closed doors.

To avoid a delay to access, we advise that you log into your account and apply the discount code that has been emailed to you as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to seeing our exciting line up for punditry and commentary in action ahead of our first game SPFL Premiership League match vs. St Mirren on Sunday.

That team will include: Clive Tyldesley, Emma Dodds, Neil McCann, Alex Rae and special guest Niko Katic.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibrox as soon as it is safe to do so.

Is there any benefit to redeeming the VST code if you already have the legacy RTV monthly unlimited package? Just wondering if the new pre match build up/half time analysis etc will be for the overseas bears as well as VST pass?

Is there any benefit to redeeming the VST code if you already have the legacy RTV monthly unlimited package? Just wondering if the new pre match build up/half time analysis etc will be for the overseas bears as well as VST pass?

Unlimited subscribers get the same ‘enhanced matchday experience’ as the season ticket holders mate. And I’d warrant a smoother experience via the ‘real’ RangersTV rather than the live.rangers.co.uk website.

All that said, if you use the VST package you don't need to have your VPN on, which would normally slow your download speed.

If it were me, I’d redeem the Access Code and check out the test stream on the ‘live’ website then have a play around with both during the build-up on Sunday.

Unlimited subscribers get the same ‘enhanced matchday experience’ as the season ticket holders mate. And I’d warrant a smoother experience via the ‘real’ RangersTV rather than the live.Rangers.co.uk website.

All that said, if you use the VST package you don't need to have your VPN on, which would normally slow your download speed.

If it were me, I’d redeem the Access Code and check out the test stream on the ‘live’ website then have a play around with both during the build-up on Sunday.
I've redeemed my sons son I'll try it out on Sunday. Hopefully be able to login with my phone and use the chromecast. The VPN can be a pest at times.

Re. Post #124 an important part I missed yesterday. It says season ticket holders and PPV viewers can watch via the App.

That is huge news and could make things a whole lot easier.

You still need to redeem your code via the website if you haven’t done that already though.

The test stream of the Aberdeen game is running on the App. On mine though, it’s at the end of the game and I need to drag the slider back to get it to play. To access the test stream, and any live match, simply login to the App, click on Fixtures at the bottom and then, for this weekend, click on the St Mirren game, then play, then click Video from the pop-up that appears, then play the stream/test. You should get the Aberdeen game (but might need to drag the slider back). Great news.

NOTE: There is NO access for VST viewers to see other stuff. They ONLY get the matchday coverage.

Last edited:
Re. Post #124 an important part I missed yesterday. It says season ticket holders and PPV viewers can watch via the App.

That is huge news and could make things a whole lot easier.

You still need to redeem your code via the website if you haven’t done that already though.

No idea if there is a test stream available via the App though. Maybe someone with VST access could have a look and confirm or otherwise. As an overseas viewer I simp,y get the club crests from the game v Aberdeen when I click on Fixtures at the bottom then select the St Mirren game (which would be the normal route to find a live match).

Lol. When you click on the st mirren game it shows the screenshot of the Aberdeen game from last week with kick off time!

If you try clicking on other videos it says you do not have entitlement to watch.
I guess we'll find out on Sunday if it works.

I was using my sons login via the App. I also have a legacy overseas package. I'll not be redeeming my VST code incase it messes with my subscription. There's a warning when you go to enter the VST code:
"You already have an active subscription, starting a new subscription will result in you being billed multiple times, if you wish to change the subscription check in My Account to see if you can upgrade your existing subscription"

Lol. When you click on the st mirren game it shows the screenshot of the Aberdeen game from last week with kick off time!

If you try clicking on other videos it says you do not have entitlement to watch.
I guess we'll find out on Sunday if it works.

I was using my sons login via the App. I also have a legacy overseas package. I'll not be redeeming my VST code incase it messes with my subscription. There's a warning when you go to enter the VST code:
"You already have an active subscription, starting a new subscription will result in you being billed multiple times, if you wish to change the subscription check in My Account to see if you can upgrade your existing subscription"

See my edited final Para mate. It plays, you just need to drag the slider at the bottom back as it defaults to the end of the match.

There is NO access for VST viewers to see other stuff. They ONLY get the matchday coverage.

Spent a frustrating hour and a half yesterday trying to get my dad setup to watch the game on his TV.
Account all fine and test stream showing no problem on the IPad using chrome but couldn’t get it to cast using Chromecast.
Saw tips that I should be able to cast the whole web tab but couldn’t find an option for that.
Tried checking the Chromecast using iPlayer and it was fine.
Seen a couple of people mentioning issues with IPad and Chromecast so maybe that.
Is the RTV app working now for the ST holders stream. I don’t know whether to try that.

Spent a frustrating hour and a half yesterday trying to get my dad setup to watch the game on his TV.
Account all fine and test stream showing no problem on the IPad using chrome but couldn’t get it to cast using Chromecast.
Saw tips that I should be able to cast the whole web tab but couldn’t find an option for that.
Seen a couple of people mentioning issues with IPad and Chromecast so maybe that.
Is the RTV app working now for the ST holders stream. I don’t know whether to try that.

RangersTV App is now working for VST viewers and PPV. See post #128.

Can’t advise on Chromecast, it should work with no issue, but I’m sure others will help.

Hope things get sorted. I don't think i
RangersTV App is now working fir VST viewers. See post #128.

Can’t advise on Chromecast, it should work with no issue, but I’m sure others will help.
Managed to cast there with my Samsung phone to TV using chromecast. Hopefully all good for Sunday

Regarding the access code..

I haven't received one for the st mirren game, do we get a new one each game?

Regarding the access code..

I haven't received one for the st mirren game, do we get a new one each game?

From the OP:

"you will only need to redeem the voucher once to be used for all matches behind closed doors. "

You get one Access Code. You redeem it once. You do not receive any more Access Codes. Once you have applied it to your Account it is valid until Jul 21. If you want to check you've applied it correctly its all in the OP.

Courtesy of @Careca on another thread. Some advice on how to get the RangersTV App on your Firestick. Be sure to tag HIM if its not working LOL.;):) Do this at your own risk.

Android phone users option
1.Download RTV app to your phone
2. Download easyfiretv app from playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.agondev.easyfiretools
3. Connect the EFT to your firestick
4. Send your RTV app to your firestick

Fire stick only
1. Download the downloader app on your firestick
2. Type in https://apkpure.com/rangerstv/com.streamamg.rangerstv
3. Install RTV

EDIT: Later posts suggest some issues with this, so have a read of them before you try it. Firestick only option seems goosed.

Last edited:
Do you know if that includes the App too? I'm currently just getting a screenshot of the Aberdeen game? Cheers

App is still the Sheep game for me mate. If you go to the slider at the bottom and pull it back to half way along, wait a few seconds and it will start to play the match. For some reason it defaults to the end of the stream.

App is still the Sheep game for me mate. If you go to the slider at the bottom and pull it back to half way along, wait a few seconds and it will start to play the match. For some reason it defaults to the end of the stream.
Thanks mate, gave that a try & the slider either goes back to the end of the stream or buffers but no picture. Hopefully it'll be fine for the game tomorrow.

Thanks mate, gave that a try & the slider either goes back to the end of the stream or buffers but no picture. Hopefully it'll be fine for the game tomorrow.

See my post immediately above yours. Took me a few goes. That said, so long as you see the crests from the Sheep game I reckon you are good to go.

See my post immediately above yours. Took me a few goes. That said, so long as you see the crests from the Sheep game I reckon you are good to go.
Thanks mate, that's what I'm thinking too. Worse case the App doesn't work, so I'll just use the laptop & cast it from there. Worked for the Motherwell game, so it'll be fine. Cheers!

Courtesy of @Careca on another thread. Some advice on how to get the RangersTV App on your Firestick. Be sure to tag HIM if its not working LOL.;):) Do this at your own risk.

2. Download easyfiretv app from playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.agondev.easyfiretools

Fire stick only
3. Install RTV
Firestick definitely doesn’t work

Firestick definitely doesn’t work

Did you download the Downloader App first mate?

I'm lost on this stuff so just guessing. Someone else is giving it a go on the thread below so keep an eye out there for any updates as well. I will try to cross-reference the two threads when I can.

Fantastic stuff VB.
I'm responsible for 4 STs through emails and was getting a little nervous for the activation codes, thinking we'd get a different one for each match. Came on to see if anyone else was "late" in getting theirs, relieved to see this thread :)
Cheers.

Fire stick only
3. Install RTV
I’ve just tried this. Let me login although content looks squashed and bizarre. When I clicked on the Aberdeen game I got an error message about needing google play to use the App and my device not supporting it.
It’s quite an old fire stick so maybe that. Just hope it lets me log out or I could be screwed!

I’ve just tried this. Let me login although content looks squashed and bizarre. When I clicked on the Aberdeen game I got an error message about needing google play to use the App and my device not supporting it.
It’s quite an old fire stick so maybe that. Just hope it lets me log out or I could be screwed!

Thanks for the info mate. Not great. I will add a 'warning' to the original post about this.

Last edited:
Did you download the Downloader App first mate?

I'm lost on this stuff so just guessing. Someone else is giving it a go on the thread below so keep an eye out there for any updates as well. I will try to cross-reference the two threads when I can.

Yeah, I’ve had the downloader on previously for other stuff. It’s saying the page in no longer there.

No biggy, I’ve sussed casting it from the iPad.

Back