RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

Excellent news about the app. Will it just be as simple as logging in clicking play in that case yeah?

For watching games via the App (as a subscriber) I find the easiest way is to login. Then click on Fixtures down at the bottom. This brings up a list of games. Click on St Mirren and a pop-up appears asking you to select Video or Audio. Select Video. Screen loads with a placeholder and you simply press Play.

Pretty sure the process will be identical for VST viewers.

Brilliant post thanks so much, just bought a new apple phone and bought the 3 August game package and checked the test Aberdeen game out on the app - all good, couldn’t have done it without yeez!! Can’t wait til tomorrow!!

For watching games via the App (as a subscriber) I find the easiest way is to login. Then click on Fixtures down at the bottom. This brings up a list of games. Click on St Mirren and a pop-up appears asking you to select Video or Audio. Select Video. Screen loads with a placeholder and you simply press Play.

Pretty sure the process will be identical for VST viewers.
Sounds fairly straightforward. Cheers mate!

Nice to know we are not alone in having issues (though, hopefully our guys have now resolved most of them). My mate is a Motherwell season ticket holder and today is their first real freebie for season ticket holders and MotherwellTV.

No sound for anybody. Not just no commentary but no sound. Just silence. And about 20 minutes in, loads of them now reporting they have been chucked off the stream and can't get back in again.

Hopefully not a portent of doom for RangersTV for tomorrow.

Silk browser not working on my FireStick - when I put the live.rangers.co.uk address in it loads up then comes up ‘page not responding’

Silk browser not working on my FireStick - when I put the live.Rangers.co.uk address in it loads up then comes up ‘page not responding’

Seems to be quite a rare failure. Maybe try downloading and using either Edge or Chrome browser (both are virtually identical under the hood anyway). Puzzling that Silk won't work for you though. Maybe wait a bit and see what out other Firestick users have to say?

Found this on one of the other threads:

As Valley Bluenose mentioned it's just a case of opening up the Silk browser and going to RTV as if you were on a PC.

You should find the Silk browser is already in place in your apps however just do a search in apps section which will allow you to quickly download it if this is not the case.

Other browsers can be used but I've found Silk the most easy to navigate with and the most stable for Firestick.

Don't worry that the webpage doesn't fit the screen as once you play the stream you'll have the usual Fill screen option at the bottom of the player.

A tip from Valley Bluenose is to click on the cog icon at the bottom right corner and select 1080 rather than auto. If you get buffering bring it down to 720 or lower.

Silk browser not working on my FireStick - when I put the live.Rangers.co.uk address in it loads up then comes up ‘page not responding’
I don't use this link as I'm not a season ticket holder but I've justed tested it and got the same error however it doesn't give the impression of a browser issue, more of permissions error.
Have you tried logging in first then entering your unique code before clicking on the watch Live button?

Just redeemed voucher successfully.
Clicked on live test stream of sheep game with slider opening at end of stream, all I'm seeing is two crests with no game regardless of where I click on slider.
I'm using Safari on Mac, anyone any ideas? Thanks

Just redeemed voucher successfully.
Clicked on live test stream of sheep game with slider opening at end of stream, all I'm seeing is two crests with no game regardless of where I click on slider.
I'm using Safari on Mac, anyone any ideas? Thanks

If you can see the crests then the test stream is playing - but, as you say, at the end of the game. When you drag the slider back to the half-way point just give it a wee while and it should, eventually, start to play. I’ve had to make two,three or four attempts at it on occasion if you want to persevere. I’d say you are OK though.

EDIT: Actually can you confirm you are on the live.rangers.co.uk website as a season ticket holder for that? And not the ‘real’ RangersTV website. As per the guidance in the OP. It should be the Leverkusen game that plays, even if the crests are Rangers/Sheep.

Last edited:
What are you supposed to see when you are in?

i went to watch live Rangers St Mirren and it was just a spinning wheel

What are you supposed to see when you are in?

i went to watch live Rangers St Mirren and it was just a spinning wheel

Then something’s not right.

What device? Are you talking about on the App, on the RangersTV website or on the live.rangers.co.uk website? Are you a VST viewer, a PPV viewer or an Unlimited subscriber?

Most importantly, have you followed through all the steps in the OP.

Then something’s not right.

What device? Are you talking about on the App, on the RangersTV website or on the live.Rangers.co.uk website? Are you a VST viewer, a PPV viewer or an Unlimited subscriber?

Most importantly, have you followed through all the steps in the OP.
Smart tv. First one I tried in the house didn’t work at all. Second one worked.
Voucher redeemed. It says so on the subscription.
If I try and view anything, even in the Rangers tv area it does not come up with any videos. I am thinking that it is maybe missing something like acrobat or something? I’m just guessing and I’ve not idea how to install something like that on the tv

Smart tv. First one I tried in the house didn’t work at all. Second one worked.
Voucher redeemed. It says so on the subscription.
If I try and view anything, even in the Rangers tv area it does not come up with any videos. I am thinking that it is maybe missing something like acrobat or something? I’m just guessing and I’ve not idea how to install something like that on the tv

Ah, watching via a tv browser isn’t something I would recommend in all honesty. They are mostly not up to the job. All is not lost though. You’ve obviously got into the RangersTV website and redeemed your Access Code. It’s a start.

As regards videos, you are a VST viewer. You are NOT a RangersTV subscriber and so do not get to view the regular RangersTV content for subscribers. That’s why the stuff you are trying to play won’t do so.

The only thing you could possibly view in advance of tomorrow’s live match is the test stream. And as VST viewer you do not do that through the RangersTV website, as explained in the OP. You need to go to the website below and follow the steps in the pictorial guide in the OP of this thread. Start at the section about Accessing the Test Stream. The vast majority of posters will find the solution to their problems in the OP of this thread.

Ah, watching via a tv browser isn’t something I would recommend in all honesty. They are mostly not up to the job. All is not lost though. You’ve obviously got into the RangersTV website and redeemed your Access Code. It’s a start.

As regards videos, you are a VST viewer. You are NOT a RangersTV subscriber and so do not get to view the regular RangersTV content for subscribers. That’s why the stuff you are trying to play won’t do so.

The only thing you could possibly view in advance of tomorrow’s live match is the test stream. And as VST viewer you do not do that through the RangersTV website, as explained in the OP. You need to go to the website below and follow the steps in the pictorial guide in the OP of this thread. Start at the section about Accessing the Test Stream. The vast majority of posters will find the solution to their problems in the OP of this thread.

ive got RTV too which is listed when I go into the wee guy at the top right. That’s why I thought I would be able to view them.
I’m currently downloading some app to see if I can mirror from my phone.
thanks for the help

ive got RTV too which is listed when I go into the wee guy at the top right. That’s why I thought I would be able to view them.
I’m currently downloading some app to see if I can mirror from my phone.
thanks for the help

If you have a RangersTV subscription - even a UK one - then, as you suggest,you should be able to view the videos on the regular RangersTV website. That’s the real site not the ‘live‘ one.

Can you check that when you login on RangersTV it shows not only your regular subscription but also the ‘virtual season ticket package - expires 21 Jul 2021’ or similar?

if it does then the issue is your tv browsers. Depending on which type of phone you might be able to cast from your phone to the tv. Alternatively you might be able to get an adapter that lets you plug an HDMI cable into your phone and then the tv. That might be easier.

All the above is assuming everything plays on your phone in the first place.

If you have a RangersTV subscription - even a UK one - then, as you suggest,you should be able to view the videos on the regular RangersTV website. That’s the real site not the ‘live‘ one.

Can you check that when you login on RangersTV it shows not only your regular subscription but also the ‘virtual season ticket package - expires 21 Jul 2021’ or similar.

if it does then the issue is your tv browsers. Depending on which type of phone you might be able to cast from your phone to the tv. Alternatively you might be able to get an adapter that lets you plug an HDMI cable into your phone and then the tv. That might be easier.

yes says it expires on 8th August

you would have thought it would have been easier to get the games on the tv easier than this

yes says it expires on 8th August

you would have thought it would have been easier to get the games on the tv easier than this

It is easy. Just not via a SmartTV browser mate. They are not even listed as a compatible device for RangersTV and never have been.

Let us know how you get on when you try casting. Its not my thing but others can advise. A lot will depend on the type of phone you have. More complicated if it’s an Apple device.

Last edited:
An iPhone. I’ll just need to go out in the morning and buy a fire stick.

A Firestick is an option. Another option is an Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter and an HDMI cable. One end into iPhone. Plug the HDMI cable in the other end and then into the tv. Job done. It’s simple and straightforward. But not cheap. Good luck.

A Firestick is an option. Another option is an Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter and an HDMI cable. One end into iPhone. Plug the HDMI cable in the other end and then into the tv. Job done. But not cheap. Good luck.

The fire stick is only £40 so will just go with that. Thanks

I got and android box off ebay for £30. Login to play store via my Google account and installed the rangers tv app. It works great.

If I'm "overseas" I use a VPN and can access my legacy monthly RTV package.

Tomorrow I'll login to my RTV app on my phone with my sons account (virtual season ticket) and hopefully be able to cast directly to the TV via chromecast... what can go wrong.

I'm ashamed to admit it but when my dad enquired about RTV. To avoid the stress of trying to teach him how to run it and for an easy life I told him it only worked for season ticket holders!

I’m using a fire stick just now - have logged in using the Firefox browser. Currently watching the Leverkusen game and quality seems quite good, although there seems to be a very slight jitter every 10 seconds.

Not sure if there’s a better method using the fire stick, but if not I’ll go for this.

I’m using a fire stick just now - have logged in using the Firefox browser. Currently watching the Leverkusen game and quality seems quite good, although there seems to be a very slight jitter every 10 seconds.

Not sure if there’s a better method using the fire stick, but if not I’ll go for this.

Lots use Silk browser. And I’ve heard of some using Edge or Chrome browsers, which seem to work well on all devices.

Once you have your Firestick. From @hurlock22 in another thread:

As Valley Bluenose mentioned it's just a case of opening up the Silk browser and going to RTV as if you were on a PC.

You should find the Silk browser is already in place in your apps however just do a search in apps section which will allow you to quickly download it if this is not the case.

Other browsers can be used but I've found Silk the most easy to navigate with and the most stable for Firestick.

Don't worry that the webpage doesn't fit the screen as once you play the stream you'll have the usual Fill screen option at the bottom of the player.

A tip from Valley Bluenose is to click on the cog icon at the bottom right corner and select 1080 rather than auto.If you get buffering bring it down to 720 or lower.

Wow, my head is truly about to explode with some of the stuff on here, as I am truly a technophobe.

I just want to watch the game as a one-off PPV match. I have a 4K smart tv, virgin media, so decent internet and have 2 PlayStation 4’s.

What is the easiest way to watch the match on my telly?

Thanks in advance.

Wow, my head is truly about to explode with some of the stuff on here, as I am truly a technophobe.

I just want to watch the game as a one-off PPV match. I have a 4K smart tv, virgin media, so decent internet and have 2 PlayStation 4’s.

Thanks in advance.
I believe you use the web browser to go to rtv site and view it there.

Probably easier to login into rtv page on a pc or phone to pay for the game first then log into rtv via ps4 browser

.I'm ashamed to admit it but when my dad enquired about RTV. To avoid the stress of trying to teach him how to run it and for an easy life I told him it only worked for season ticket holders!

Given that app access and the like is making it much easier, you can just register an account and set it up for him then when ready just give him the login details and it should be fairly straight forward for you both.

Given that app access and the like is making it much easier, you can just register an account and set it up for him then when ready just give him the login details and it should be fairly straight forward for you both.
Ha ha, you'd like to think so. What fun i had talking him through (via phone) how to install and make a zoom call!

Thanks in advance.

Well, you’ve left it later than ideal but it should be straightforward. It might be possible to stream the game via the browser in your SmartTV but they are generally poor. I’d suggest using the browser on one of your PS4s in the first instance.

Use the browser to navigate to the page below:

Click on the Subscribe and Buy tab and then purchase the game. You will setup your RangersTV Account as part of the process..

Once done, click on the Live tab, select the St Mirren game. The Live Video button will be red when its ready to stream the match. It’s currently showing a test stream so check that out in advance;cel

Come back to us with any further queries.

A Firestick is an option. Another option is an Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter and an HDMI cable. One end into iPhone. Plug the HDMI cable in the other end and then into the tv. Job done. It’s simple and straightforward. But not cheap. Good luck.

Check amazon for cables for this around the £15 mark

Well, you’ve left it later than ideal but it should be straightforward. It might be possible to stream the game via the browser in your SmartTV but they are generally poor. I’d suggest using the browser on one of your PS4s in the first instance.

Use the browser to navigate to the page below:

Click on the Subscribe and Buy tab and then purchase the game. You will setup your RangersTV Account as part of the process..

Once done, click on the Live tab, select the St Mirren game. The Live Video button will be red when its ready to stream the match. It’s currently showing a test stream so check that out in advance;cel

Come back to us with any further queries.
Thanks mate, you’re a star. I will go for the PS4 in the living room as it’s nearer the router.

I have subscribed to one off games beforehand on rtv, so hopefully I already have an account set up.

Guys im
A season ticket holder.
The code that you need to redeem. When was this email sent out? I can’t seem to find it?

is the code your season ticket number?

Big day for RTV's live streaming with a massive increase in viewers.
I hope they have their shit together and it doesn't implode.
My coverage last year was pretty poor with buffering etc
I'm gonna buy this one-off game, and if it works well get the full bhoona.

Guys im
A season ticket holder.
The code that you need to redeem. When was this email sent out? I can’t seem to find it?

is the code your season ticket number?
It was sent a day or two before the Motherwell friendly a couple of weeks back. If you redeemed the code for the two friendlies then you have already set it up. It is just one code to get you access to all the VST games.

It was sent a day or two before the Motherwell friendly a couple of weeks back. If you redeemed the code for the two friendlies then you have already set it up. It is just one code to get you access to all the VST games.

i didn’t use it for the friendliest because I had premier sports mate I’ll have another look cheers

It depends on your OS. I use a Mac and Safari is the best all round browser IMO. Never had any real issues with RTV (not due to the browser anyway)

Back