RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

Just checked and just comes up as purchased next to the St Mirren game so doesn't look as though the test stream is running.

So no test stream. :( There’s also supposed to be highlights of the Sheep game there as well according to the news release.

Over 26,000 season-ticket holders have already redeemed their unique access codes and we strongly encourage the remaining season-ticket holders to redeem their codes and visit the test stream on live.rangers.co.uk ahead of the St Mirren fixture on 9 August and where they can relive yesterday’s 0-1 victory against Aberdeen.

You are visiting: https://live.Rangers.co.uk/ aren't you?

The Club's news release today says the test stream should be on there to test. If you don't see it (I can't check for myself) then I'd suggest going through the process in the OP to check your code is correctly redeemed against you RangersTV Account as a first step.

Definitely redeemed. The first match shown on the list is the St Mirren match and it simply says purchased. Coventry match doesn't show to test.

Definitely redeemed. The first match shown on the list is the St Mirren match and it simply says purchased. Coventry match doesn't show to test.

It’s neither here nor there but the Coventry game is just from the club’s pictorial guide. It should now be shown against the St Mirren game but, as confirmed by @strathavenbear above it isn’t. There should also be highlights of the Sheep game. I’m guessing ‘purchased’ is a good indication you are sorted since others report only getting the option to buy. We need the test video back though, for sure.

Damn!

Logging out is always an issue for me, so I guess it could be that if you were logged in on two devices. Seems to be triggering that ‘Lock’ now, whereas it didn’t in the past. That’s going to require an email to:

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Or, some have reported getting around it by requesting a password reset. Can’t guarantee that will work though.

You did see the three stripes behind the wee man logo on then’live’ website then? Hopefully you did. If so, then you’ve now got me doubting whether the promised test video stream is actually running.

Anybody else able to tell us if the test video is running on:

Thanks for your efforts VB, hopefully get up and running for Sunday, if I find the magic bullet to cure all the blips I'll let you know :)

I don’t envy whoever has to implement SSO at Rangers, it must be an absolute ball ache for them.

Able to now log in using iPad with Safari but no test stream as of yet though.

I just went on to check myself. I’m using an iPad and safari, I managed to get signed in and stay signed in with the lines along the top right box.
I don’t have a test stream either, but it looks like I have access to the game on Saturday.
I haven’t done anything differently, so it looks like something has been changed at their end.

Well that’s a bit of good news. Bit pissed off at Club putting out a news release saying there was a test stream when it’s not there yet. I wouldn’t have started the thread had I know that, I’d have left it until later.

I just went on to check myself. I’m using an iPad and safari, I managed to get signed in and stay signed in with the lines along the top right box.
I don’t have a test stream either, but it looks like I have access to the game on Saturday.
I haven’t done anything differently, so it looks like something has been changed at their end.

And another bit of good news. Thanks for the update mate.

Top marks to the OP for his work on this. It’s been remarkable tbh given how varied the issues have been and honestly, how lacking at times the club have been in communication for an issue of such importance.

I am about to attempt setting this up for myself and a family member and was hoping if someone could clarify a small point please?

I basically have to set up these two accounts from scratch-is there going to be any issue with me doing them both?

i.e when I send on the login and password details having already redeemed the code is it going to lock them out given it’s been set up on a separate device?

Top marks to the OP for his work on this. It’s been remarkable tbh given how varied the issues have been and honestly, how lacking at times the club have been in communication for an issue of such importance.

I am about to attempt setting this up for myself and a family member and was hoping if someone could clarify a small point please?

I basically have to set up these two accounts from scratch-is there going to be any issue with me doing them both?

i.e when I send on the login and password details having already redeemed the code is it going to lock them out given it’s been set up on a separate device?
You shouldn’t have any issues with that as the accounts aren’t married up to a specific device.

They have fixed the issue where logging out of RTV didn't appear to do anything right away at long last. I have a feeling that will help many users.

When logged into https://live.rangers.co.uk clicking Red Box ' watch live' on St Mirren game brings up a test video now of the sheep game.

They have fixed the issue where logging out of RTV didn't appear to do anything right away at long last. I have a feeling that will help many users.

When logged into https://live.Rangers.co.uk clicking Red Box ' watch live' on St Mirren game brings up a test video now of the sheep game.

Excellent news. So we now know the test stream is running so folk are free to go follow the OP and make sure they are good for Sunday. Take particular note of the bit on Passwords if you are on a mobile device.

A couple of recent posts claiming success on Apple devices using Safari. Early days, but if they’ve fixed that glitch it would make a huge difference. Be good to see more reports confirming that.

Excellent news. So we now know the test stream is running so folk are free to go follow the OP and make sure they are good for Sunday. Take particular note of the bit on Passwords if you are on a mobile device.

A couple of recent posts claiming success on Apple devices using Safari. Early days, but if they’ve fixed that glitch it would make a huge difference. Be good to see more reports confirming that.

I used Safari on a MacBook but I've never had any issues with it.

Still on iPhone despite being logged in, no option to launch any test stream. Just buy match or subscribe to RTV.

I’m becoming more concerned that the club are failing to acknowledge the amount of issue a lot of people are still having and are essentially going to “test” things on Sunday

Well thanks to @Valley Bluenose and others, I have managed to successfully set up the accounts I needed.
I thought it was going to be a massive ball ache but with the tips, steps and walkthroughs it was much smoother and I was much calmer as a result. A massive thanks.

I am also delighted to add I have just successfully watched a bit of the test stream of the Aberdeen game on an iPhone on safari. Hopefully that will work for others.
(I do think the switching off cross site tracking seemed to help as it was a bit of a pain switching/checking/logging in on both sites before I did that)

Still on iPhone despite being logged in, no option to launch any test stream. Just buy match or subscribe to RTV.

I’m becoming more concerned that the club are failing to acknowledge the amount of issue a lot of people are still having and are essentially going to “test” things on Sunday

Hmm. Couple of reports of it working OK on iPad and one on a MacBook. Still not iPhone though. :( You sound like you know what you are doing mate. I assume phone is up to date on iOS? It’s not an older model is it perhaps? Nothing more from support? Only other suggestion would be the old clear cache/cookies and try again but I’m sure you‘ve done that already.

EDIT: See post immediately above re. iPhone.

Well thanks to @Valley Bluenose and others, I have managed to successfully set up the accounts I needed.
I thought it was going to be a massive ball ache but with the tips, steps and walkthroughs it was much smoother and I was much calmer as a result. A massive thanks.

I am also delighted to add I have just successfully watched a bit of the test stream of the Aberdeen game on an iPhone on safari. Hopefully that will work for others.
(I do think the switching off cross site tracking seemed to help as it was a bit of a pain switching/checking/logging in on both sites before I did that)

Great to hear that mate. That’s what the thread is all about.:) Your also the first to confirm it working on an iPhone - albeit with the cross-tracking tip.

I’ve not been able to get this to work so far mate.

The player in the live.Rangers link doesn’t seem to support Chromecast (the app does but you can’t access the VST from the app).

You could try downloading a third party app for your phone which allows you to cast but I’ve always found them a bit hit and miss.

Casting from Chrome bowser from the laptop to Chromecast has been absolutely fine for me so far if that’s a option for you.

Test stream working perfectly now via Chromecast.

Great to hear that mate. That’s what the thread is all about.:) Your also the first to confirm it working on an iPhone - albeit with the cross-tracking tip.

The only thing I can contribute is the steps I took after I had redeemed the code successfully. Using an iPhone XR on the latest version of IOS.

-Turn off the prevent cross site tracking in safari

-clear history and website data in safari

-go back to the OP in this thread (need to login to FF again etc) and use the regular RTV link to log-in to your account and leave that window/tab open

-go back to the OP in this thread and open the Rangers live link.
Due to the cross site tracking it should already have you logged in/have the black lines behind the wee man logo

-the st Mirren match should say purchased/watch live and should let you watch the test stream if active

The only thing I can contribute is the steps I took after I had redeemed the code successfully. Using an iPhone XR on the latest version of IOS.

-Turn off the prevent cross site tracking in safari

-clear history and website data in safari

-go back to the OP in this thread (need to login to FF again etc) and use the regular RTV link to log-in to your account and leave that window/tab open

-go back to the OP in this thread and open the Rangers live link.
Due to the cross site tracking it should already have you logged in/have the black lines behind the wee man logo

-the st Mirren match should say purchased/watch live and should let you watch the test stream if active

That‘s a very useful contribution mate. Thank you very much.

Worth taking note for anyone struggling on an iPhone.

Hmm. Couple of reports of it working OK on iPad and one on a MacBook. Still not iPhone though. :( You sound like you know what you are doing mate. I assume phone is up to date on iOS? It’s not an older model is it perhaps? Nothing more from support? Only other suggestion would be the old clear cache/cookies and try again but I’m sure you‘ve done that already.

EDIT: See post immediately above re. iPhone.

everything up to date on the phone and cross Tracking is off, will give them another email in the morning mate but good to hear some are now having some success

Anybody else experience getting locked out of their account after attempting to access the live feed?
I have emailed support, no reply yet, but hope they will rectify problem.

Done all of the stuff can’t get it to work on Telly or iPad. God knows how any of our elder statesmen fans will access games. I will just used an IPTV feed as I can’t be bothered trying anything else

I had that after being logged into more than one device. Requesting a password reset did the trick.
Thanks will try that later. I certainly tried on my IPad after having problem on laptop, so probably I was not fully logged out on laptop.
However it seems a bit harsh punishment when so many have been struggling to access the live stream.

Done all of the stuff can’t get it to work on Telly or iPad. God knows how any of our elder statesmen fans will access games. I will just used an IPTV feed as I can’t be bothered trying anything else

Tell us where you fail mate and we can try and help. There's not a lot of info in your post. Forget the tv for now, browsers are poor and chances of success diminished. On the iPad where do you fail? Are you able to do the first stage of accessing RangersTV website to verify you've set up your account and redeemed the Access Code correctly? First section of the OP basically - before moving onto the live.rangers.co.uk bit. Also is the iPad up-to-date for the iOS?

Thanks will try that later. I certainly tried on my IPad after having problem on laptop, so probably I was not fully logged out on laptop.
However it seems a bit harsh punishment when so many have been struggling to access the live stream.

I've had issues logging out for months now. Just make sure when you click on Logout it actually does so and you can see Login there again. I often can't get logged out and just have to shut the tab and wait 5 minutes. When I go back it has logged me out or will do so when I click the Logout button this time.

You WILL get the Account Blocked message if you are logged in on two separate devices it seems. Used to be that required an email to Support by I see posters reporting success with a simple Password Reset request.

Tell us where you fail mate and we can try and help. There's not a lot of info in your post. Forget the tv for now, browsers are poor and chances of success diminished. On the iPad where do you fail? Are you able to do the first stage of accessing RangersTV website to verify you've set up your account and redeemed the Access Code correctly? First section of the OP basically - before moving onto the live.Rangers.co.uk bit. Also is the iPad up-to-date for the iOS?
Hi mate. I will check when I get home and message you. Thanks.

Email back from rangers this morning giving me a second code to redeem as they “believed something could be wrong with the first code” just redeemed the second one and it’s working perfectly on the iPhone!

For anyone still struggling and thinking they have tried everything, worth emailing Rangers as the second code could be required as opposed to anything you are doing incorrectly.

cheers again to @Valley Bluenose for the assistance

I've had issues logging out for months now. Just make sure when you click on Logout it actually does so and you can see Login there again. I often can't get logged out and just have to shut the tab and wait 5 minutes. When I go back it has logged me out or will do so when I click the Logout button this time.

You WILL get the Account Blocked message if you are logged in on two separate devices it seems. Used to be that required an email to Support by I see posters reporting success with a simple Password Reset request.
At what stage should a Password Reset be made,? At the main Rangers website or at the " live " website where it asks if you have forgotten your password.

Email back from Rangers this morning giving me a second code to redeem as they “believed something could be wrong with the first code” just redeemed the second one and it’s working perfectly on the iPhone!

For anyone still struggling and thinking they have tried everything, worth emailing Rangers as the second code could be required as opposed to anything you are doing incorrectly.

cheers again to @Valley Bluenose for the assistance

Brilliant news mate - and a worthwhile update for other posters as well.

Glad you are sorted - and more good news on it working with Apple devices. Don't want to get my hopes up but its looking like they *might* have solved the issue. Fingers crossed.

Those who haven't tried already really need to be checking out the test stream and following the suggestions in the OP if they run into problems.

At what stage should a Password Reset be made,? At the main Rangers website or at the " live " website where it asks if you have forgotten your password.

Maybe @gennaro can advise on that since he did it, but I'd say if you cannot get logged into the RangersTV website (as per the first part of the OP) - not your Rangers Account or the 'live' website - then that would be the place to request the Password Reset. Seems the logical point to me.

I have applied the code and ordered an amazon firestick so I can watch on the tv. Whats the best browser to watch on?

I have applied the code and ordered an amazon firestick so I can watch on the tv. Whats the best browser to watch on?

Mixed reports. Folk usually say Silk browser but for some it didn't work. See post #35 and post #13 (for an alternative to Silk). In general terms most success seems to come with Chrome or Edge though.

Maybe @gennaro can advise on that since he did it, but I'd say if you cannot get logged into the RangersTV website (as per the first part of the OP) - not your Rangers Account or the 'live' website - then that would be the place to request the Password Reset. Seems the logical point to me.
Hi VB, just had reply from RTV support, they reset my account and now accessing the "live" stream ok on MS Edge,
Will make sure logged out properly in future as you advise:)
Thanks again for your efforts to advise on problem.

Hi VB, just had reply from RTV support, they reset my account and now accessing the "live" stream ok on MS Edge,
Will make sure logged out properly in future as you advise:)
Thanks again for your efforts to advise on problem.

I do love a 'good news' post. :))

Glad you are sorted mate. Enjoy.

I connect my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable at the moment. Is there a better way without using the laptop?

Can it only be done on a Firestick or PS4 in the browser?

I’ve been one of the biggest critics of RTV/Shambles TV, yesterday started the installation of it on the IMAC, no success. Contacted RTV, and give credit where credits due, they persevered with a boring old fart and I have got the link up. Hope it’s O.K. for Sunday as the picture quality was very good.

I connect my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable at the moment. Is there a better way without using the laptop?

Can it only be done on a Firestick or PS4 in the browser?

Depends on your hardware. If both the laptop and the TV have inbuilt Miracast you can do it wirelessly. I tried it and it worked but it wasn't great. A major step-down in quality from the HDMI connection for me I found. Scroll down to the bottom of this article for a little bit on it but there are better guides out there if your hardware is compatible (basically Windows 8.1 or better and a reasonably recent television set with inbuilt wifi).

Back