VVD ACL injury

If a midfielder makes that tackle in the middle of the park, he's off.

It was horrendous and he'll get away with it because he's England's number 1.

The "tackle" by Pickford was a shocker. How it wasn't picked up by VAR was incredible. They seemed to be more concerned whether VVD was offside or not, but regardless Pickford should have seen a straight red.
Ref doesn’t do anything, var does nothing, a guy could possibly have career ending injury, and the one who assaults him walks away.
and he is a diddy.

huge blow for Liverpool, especially with the CBs they have and currently without their No1 keeper

should have bought somebody in the window for defence backup like they did with Thiago and Jota

So because VVD was offside the keeper got away with it right?

You see it quite often, a striker is through on goal and offside but is fouled or he fouls someone before realising the flag is up.

Absolute disgrace folk having joy about the guy having a possible injury that could end his career or impact him being at the top to an extent ,

our own big Katic did the same thing and we were gutted ,

Pickford should be banned retrospectively for it , it was a shitebag horrible attempt at a save or whatever by the lady's front bottom!

he only stayed on as VVD was offside and only Violent Conduct can be sent off after a ball is declared out of play as such , and that his tackle would of been classed under , Serious Foul Play.

disgrace

The "tackle" by Pickford was a shocker. How it wasn't picked up by VAR was incredible. They seemed to be more concerned whether VVD was offside or not, but regardless Pickford should have seen a straight red.
Was it not given as an offside? If so, then, officially the ball wasn’t in play at the time the tackle was made and I’m not sure the referee could take any action on the basis Pickford was committed before the offside was given.

Maybe. I have only seen a very short clip on the news so can’t be certain.

Absolute disgrace folk having joy about the guy having a possible injury that could end his career or impact him being at the top to an extent ,

Pickford should be banned retrospectively for it , it was a shitebag horrible attempt at a save or whatever by the lady's front bottom!

he only stayed on as VVD was offside and only Violent Conduct can be sent off after a ball is declared out of play as such , and that his tackle would of been classed under , Serious Foul Play.

disgrace
Are you inventing stories here Paul Elliot?
Haven't seen any joy, seen lots of keeper should have got a red posts though!

Was it not given as an offside? If so, then, officially the ball wasn’t in play at the time the tackle was made and I’m not sure the referee could take any action on the basis Pickford was committed before the offside was given.

Maybe. I have only seen a very short clip on the news so can’t be certain.
The ball is in play when he challenges for it. It’s serious foul play.

Even with your logic it would come under violent conduct.

Just seen it on the news.
Why wasnt it a penalty and red card?
Shocking challenge.
I know he's an ex scum player but wouldnt wish a serious injury on anyone

For all Liverpool are a fantastic team, him and the goalie are irreplaceable in their squad.

That seriously damages their chances of the title this season.

disgrace
I haven't read one post expressing joy at this. Can you point them out?

Sadly Pickford has previous for this, did the same thing against mandzukic in the WC semi and stood over him giving him abuse. Not a word said by the commentators at the time though. I thought it was a shocker and every bit as bad as today's. People defend players saying they dont look the type but he definitely does

The ball is in play when he challenges for it. It’s serious foul play.

Even with your logic it would come under violent conduct.
As I’ve said, only saw one clip on the news. I do, however, note one ex-referee saying it should have been a red. However, ESPN are saying that the ball wasn’t in play at the time the tackle was made (due to offside) and that you CANNOT be red-carded for Serious Foul Play when the ball is not in play, only for Violent Conduct. I’m not familiar enough with the rules to say one way or the other. No question it was a shocking challenge though.

The Athletic has a different view:

VAR missed this shocker of a tackle but managed to see the offside decision to disallowed Liverpool's injury time "winner"

VAR in England seems to have an obsession with offside decisions

As I’ve said, only saw one clip on the news. I do, however, note one ex-referee saying it should have been a red. However, ESPN are saying that the ball wasn’t in play at the time the tackle was made (due to offside) and that you CANNOT be red-carded for Serious Foul Play when the ball is not in play, only for Violent Conduct. I’m not familiar enough with the rules to say one way or the other. No question it was a shocking challenge though.

The Athletic has a different view:

I take your point and would be leaning towards violent conduct, as Pickford clatters into him after the offside offence.

May I add this all happened in the space of micro seconds. It’s not as if the linesman flagged then Pickford tackles him, Pickford was challenging for the ball which would be serious foul play in any other circumstance.

But I think you’re right with VC.

I don’t think there’s any arguments that it isn’t a red card. I don’t understand how they can have VAR and not punish that.

Former Premier League referee Peter Walton told BT Sport: "Players don't get a free shot because the whistle has gone. Jordan Pickford's challenge should have been addressed by VAR and given Michael Oliver a second look at it.

Back