VVD ACL injury

If a midfielder makes that tackle in the middle of the park, he's off.

It was horrendous and he'll get away with it because he's England's number 1.

If he's out for the season Pickford will need to Alaska. Thiagos got a knee injury as well. And we talk about hammer throwers up here.

They lost 2 goals today that they probably would not have had he still been on.
Major blow if he's out. Probably the best CH in Europe.
Shocking challenge from that halfwit Pickford.
Absolutely agree with all of your post.

Made a point on Twitter earlier in the week after Maguire’s second yellow for England about how keepers get away with anything when it comes to challenging for a ball especially in the box & never get bookings/fouls given against them. Pickford today the latest. How that’s not a straight red I’ll never know. Beggars belief VAR have looked at it and deemed it fine.

If that’s an outfield player making that challenge even though the play is offside, it’s a straight red and there’s no doubt about it. Compare it to Richarlison’s red card and it’s worse. Keepers continually get away with this and it’s fucking bullshit.

I know he’s ex Celtic but that’s a disgrace that Van Dijk is likely going to be out for the season now for that horror challenge. Never nice to see.

Shocking tackle and the offside was a joke too.
And I’m strictly neutral, I couldn’t care about Liverpool - but if that had been us I’d be raging.

VAR.....the worst thing to happen to football and especially when used by complete idiots, on the park and in this VAR ref office.....eye's are painted on these mugs!

I'm usually one for the keeper getting the benefit of the doubt. But that's a straight red for me

How it wasn’t a pen never mind at least a yellow card is baffling.
VAR as well.
It was an assault in the box ffs.
The offside at the end as well looked on to me.

If he's out for that long I'd go as far to say that's Liverpools title defence up in smoke without him at the back their central defence is honking

Without doubt Pickford should have walked but I'm baffled by the concern shown for an ex scrum player. Especially one who earned them a fortune.

They lost 2 goals today that they probably would not have had he still been on.
Major blow if he's out. Probably the best CH in Europe.
Shocking challenge from that halfwit Pickford.
He was on the pitch when they lost 7 goals a couple of weeks ago.

I see Liverpool have went well into full ‘always cheated’ mode asking for a couple of decisions to be reviewed.

Safe to say a player of VVD’s quality would be a major loss for any side.
I really don't think it's always cheated mode. They have every right questioning a horrendous tackle that has potentially put out their best defender for the season and as for the disallowed goal I've no idea how they came to the conclusion that it was offside. No one is claiming cheating but they have every right to question both decisions.

I really don't think it's always cheated mode. They have every right questioning a horrendous tackle that has potentially put out their best defender for the season and as for the disallowed goal I've no idea how they came to the conclusion that it was offside. No one is claiming cheating but they have every right to question both decisions.
I wouldn’t even bother with him he’s full of utter shit.

Is it just me or is this thread making it very easy to pick out the people who see Liverpool as their team rather than the mighty Rangers? Never seen such concern for an ex Celt! Few dummies being spat out due to the final result?

this liverpool team had very quickly learn how to stop shipping goals or else it will be very hard to hold on to the title,some of the goals they have lost since the restart of last season and this season have been shamefully criminal,the last minute goal from Henderson, as hard as it is to take, is the type of decision that liverpool have benefitted from so i have no complaints,the pickford challenge on the other hand is the worse i have seen since schumacher on battison all those years ago,a truly shocking challenge

Is it just me or is this thread making it very easy to pick out the people who see Liverpool as their team rather than the mighty Rangers? Never seen such concern for an ex Celt! Few dummies being spat out due to the final result?

Hilarious hypocrisy. Fire in with the jokes about Biscuit Hips etc just don’t dare mention the beloved VvD

It could have been any team or any player....a season ending injury inflicted on one player by another going unpunished is the issue here. The fact that it could influence the EPL title chase is an additional point of discussion.

Just catching-up on this.

It was an utterly reckless challenge that shows no consideration of a fellow pro. Off the ground and out of control.

Keepers are there to dive into situations that can risk their own bodies and because of that I am all for keepers taking player and ball in one go and getting a bit more protection in general. That though was nothing of that sort.

It deserves a retrospective action.

That could be a huge factor in who wins the title, you can’t replace that level of quality
They needed another centre half of quality brought in during the last window, now they’ve lost their best one. Can’t see them winning the title with Gomez and Matip at centre half. Thiago will be a big loss too.

Man City signing Dias who looked quite good yesterday, & Liverpool losing Van Dijk might just tip the scales in City's favour.

See Richarlisons sending off, that was after the referee had blown the whistle for another foul. What's the difference between that and no action on Pickford because it was offside?

This could be a defining moment in the EPL title destination. Ashame if he has done his ACL the guy is a class act and there is no way Liverpool can replace that level of player.

Can only hope its not what they fear.

It’s vintage Liverpool though and no different to the mentally challengeds and their constant need for “clarification” whenever things don’t go their way. Obviously Liverpool sympathisers will greet because they don’t want to see it, but that’s how it is and how it’s always been.

It’s vintage Liverpool though and no different to the mentally challengeds and their constant need for “clarification” whenever things don’t go their way. Obviously Liverpool sympathisers will greet because they don’t want to see it, but that’s how it is and how it’s always been.
Vintage Liverpool to act like them. I'm supposing then that you wouldn't want our manager to call out poor decisions that cost injuries or points in case it makes us sound like them. Liverpool are simply calling out two poor decisions that has cost them their best defender and cost them a valuable 3 points and both decisions have nothing whatsoever to do with Celtic.

Was it not given as an offside? If so, then, officially the ball wasn’t in play at the time the tackle was made and I’m not sure the referee could take any action on the basis Pickford was committed before the offside was given.

Maybe. I have only seen a very short clip on the news so can’t be certain.

by that reasoning it’s an off the ball assault. He should have been sent off, poor tackle, if that’s not endangering an opponent then what is.

I’d be fuming if the darkside keeper had done the same to Ryan Kent yesterday. You’d might as well tell your keeper to go out and attack a teams best player immediately after an offside call as it’s a ‘free shot’. I‘d be surprised if the rule regarding offside challenges in Britain isn’t changed after this.

They're basically back to being 17/18 Liverpool with a slightly better midfield. Title race blown wide open.

Huge blow to Liverpool, especially with Gomez looking off form.

Title race is wide open this year

Back