Vydra at Burnley

Morelos isn't the biggest but he is, well as strong as a buffalo. Would Vydra have the physical presence to play upfront on his own in our funny wee league. Add in Kent and Hagi, pretty lightweight upfront if we went for that.

This is my one concern, and why I think we need to buy two.

Vydra & Guirrasy of Amiens for me. Might cost £7/8m total ? Vydra only has a year left &
I think he could be suited to playing around & off a main striker.

I think he is a fantastic player and we missed our chance.
After a good run and a few goals he is sadly going to be out or price Range.

Hopefully we can unearth a gem for next season

It depends what Burnley do tbh he doesn't fit Dyches long ball style so if they bring in another striker then we might be able to strike a deal also a lot of people need to know that Vydra is a no10 and not a striker he's not a Morelos Replacement

If it’s Vydra Defoe and Dykes next season that would do me.

Morelos simply has to move on for his sake and our team.
The refs and rags and will make his life a hell next season we can’t afford for him to bite on the park.
If we go into next season with those three as our strikers then I don’t think we’ll win anything. Morelos/New, Vydra, Defoe is what we should be aiming for as our striking options.

Morelos or a replacement should he leave, Vydra or some one of similar ability and Defoe.

That should be our striking options.

You can't have one main striker. We are a team chasing titles and trophies competing on four fronts. We need players pushing each other and the option to go two up top.
100% mate.

Vydra is a drop in quality compared to Morelos. I rate him highly and want him to sign, but not as our number one striker.

Celtic skelped the league after Christmas with Edouard and Griffiths up front. You could say Vydra is on the level of Griffiths, but Edouard is quite a bit better. We need someone of that quality or not far off, like Morelos is.

Grbic, Vydra and Defoe is on another planet to Vydra, Dykes and Defoe.

Any info on Grbic PB ? I know nothing on him.

It depends what Burnley do tbh he doesn't fit Dyches long ball style so if they bring in another striker then we might be able to strike a deal also a lot of people need to know that Vydra is a no10 and not a striker he's not a Morelos Replacement
Vydra’s main position is a striker.

If they can do it to Alfie, they will do it again to the next threat we sign

Morelos is naturally hot headed though, you can't lose that especially when you're young.

We need someone mentally stronger and uses the negative headlines and taunts from the stands and other players to make them even more lethal instead of kicking out and letting their form nosedive.

Vydra & Guirrasy of Amiens for me. Might cost £7/8m total ? Vydra only has a year left &

This for me. Vydra isn't a main man, also don't think he has ever been that prolific. Guirrasy is like 6.2, pace, strength and skill. If we could get Vydra on the cheap to play as second fiddle to the striker or Hagi then yes. Or as you say playing of the main threat in a 442 when it suits.

Unfortunately Guirassy looks beyond us now was available for £4 million in January but they are looking for triple that now but the fact they are relagated may help and reckon Morelos would have to go to fund it

Unfortunately Guirassy looks beyond us now was available for £4 million in January but they are looking for triple that now but the fact they are relagated may help and reckon Morelos would have to go to fund it

Add in post corona prices and you never know. We did get Hagi cheaper than what was agreed. Fingers crossed

Agree mate. Alfie would have to go to fund this.

Didn’t realise that Guirassy’s price was so high now.

This for me. Vydra isn't a main man, also don't think he has ever been that prolific. Guirrasy is like 6.2, pace, strength and skill. If we could get Vydra on the cheap to play as second fiddle to the striker or Hagi then yes. Or as you say playing of the main threat in a 442 when it suits.

Yes, there’s no way Vydra could lead the line against a big strong organised team.

But built a structure within which he can weave his magic & we could have something special G.

Aye cool mate , the boy was joint TGS in Europa this season . Our fans always belittling our players . Would you have said that in January ?

I’ve been quite consistent about Vydra mate. I think many like you would disagree with me too but I think Vydra is quality.

I’ve been quite consistent about Vydra mate. I think many like you would disagree with me too but I think Vydra is quality.
I agree he is is quality mate , and was gutted we didn’t get him . But think we put down our own to much on here . A lot to do with feeling let down after Xmas form in last to seasons . But constant pressure and basically smear campaign against the boy , makes me embarrassed to be Scottish .

I agree he is is quality mate , and was gutted we didn’t get him . But think we put down our own to much on here . A lot to do with feeling let down after Xmas form in last to seasons . But constant pressure and basically smear campaign against the boy , makes me embarrassed to be Scottish .

I agree but it’s another reason for me to let him move on if we get an acceptable offer. Morelos is a marked man in Scotland and unfortunately that’s never going to change.

Although Morelos is unplayable on his day, for me he blows hot and cold. He will have long spells where he is scoring for fun, but for whatever reason he comes off the boil and looks uninterested, and because our style of play and the lack of goals around him it has a negative impact on the whole team.

You could say the problem lies there but just in my opinion I think it would be best for the team that we tried something different. We have had a few seasons with this team and fell short. I’m hoping along with Hagi we are looking at another 3 or 4 quality signings that are going to go into our starting 11.

I think Guirassy, Vydra and Grbic are all out of our range since January.

Cracking player when on form but would rather sign Andre Gray from Watford don't know how much he would cost though.

I know but I think there was only a slight chance of getting him on loan due to circumstances and a lot of things falling together which didn't happen in the end.

He will be too expensive especially wages to bring in permanently.

Bummer. Could give us something different too. And his finishing can be quality too.

My only minor worry is that it suggests he might be injury prone.

@Forza_Napoli put me onto him, so he can take responsibility for his fitness ;)
Haha I'll take that responsibility if I knew we could get him haha

I'd say theres three tiers of striker
Top tier
Guirassy, Vydra Gribic and Gray
As they'll be the most expensive and near enough the finished article.

Lower tier I'd say Cyril Dessers, Michael Frey, Jakob swierczok, Sebastian Andersson all a bit cheaper than the above tier but all have rough edges with good potential.

Then below that you'll have your back up striker tier so the likes kamber, Dykes, Taylor ect

Top tier

Lower tier I'd say Cyril Dessers, Michael Frey, Jakob swierczok, Sebastian Andersson all a bit cheaper than the above tier but all have rough edges with good potential.

Then below that you'll have your back up striker tier so the likes kamber, Dykes, Taylor ect

What two would you choose if you were to buy a higher tier player & a lower tier one ?

What two would you choose if you were to buy a higher tier player & a lower tier one ?
Guirassy is my number one of the top tier players second tier is a bit harder but it would be between Dessers and Andersson both would be good values and have proved they can score in difficult leagues

Last edited:

Top tier

Dessers is a better player than Grbic IMO. His shot accuracy is better than Tadic, Boadu, Berghuis etc which is brilliant for a Heracles player. He is about as similar to Morelos as we could get tbh, slightly less skillful and not as good at heading.

Back