Vydra at Burnley

Defo was most certainly not looking like he had lost it at all he was our top scorer in the league equalling just about a goal every game he played.

If that’s showing signs of losing it I’ll take that.

He’ll remain a useful squad player but is only suited to certain games. Playing as a lone striker he can be anonymous.

Dessers is a better player than Grbic IMO. His shot accuracy is better than Tadic, Boadu, Berghuis etc which is brilliant for a Heracles player. He is about as similar to Morelos as we could get tbh, slightly less skillful and not as good at heading.
I agree Dessers is pretty much a carbon copy of morelos I was meaning he will be cheaper than gribic who I think clermont want 9 million for I think you'd get Dessers for around 5 million. I quite like Andersson that plays for Union Berlin 4th top scorer in the Bundesliga with 12 goals would also be available for the 5 million mark

I agree Dessers is pretty much a carbon copy of morelos I was meaning he will be cheaper than gribic who I think clermont want 9 million for I think you'd get Dessers for around 5 million. I quite like Andersson that plays for Union Berlin 4th top scorer in the Bundesliga with 12 goals would also be available for the 5 million mark
I can't see them getting as much as £9m with the pandemic going on. Did they not only get £2m or something for Florian Aye? He wasn't as prolific but I'm sure he was younger and from a better nation.

.........Jack........Armstrong

................Hagi

Vydra......Morelos.......Kent
Might be unpopular but I honestly think we can do better than Kent.

His goals/assist returns are simply not good enough. He plays well in Europe but seems to go missing in the smaller games.

Vydra would have been a good loan to buy option in January. I was pretty bummed out when Burnley decided to keep him around. Thought he'd bring more up top than Kamberi would have.

Sceptical that buying him outright for this season would be the best idea though. All depends on the cost though, I've got a feeling he'd cost a fair bit out of our budget for starters. He's only really had a prolific spell at Watford. Decent spell at Derby County and woeful spell at West Brom in the Prem. Would take him on loan with a view to buy.

We've got to shop smart. The case may be that Burnley fancy bringing in someone else next season and if that's the case he could become available. No doubt we've asked his agent and Burnley to keep us posted with regards to his future availability.

Vydra would have been a good loan to buy option in January. I was pretty bummed out when Burnley decided to keep him around. Thought he'd bring more up top than Kamberi would have.

Sceptical that buying him outright for this season would be the best idea though. All depends on the cost though, I've got a feeling he'd cost a fair bit out of our budget for starters. He's only really had a prolific spell at Watford. Decent spell at Derby County and woeful spell at West Brom in the Prem. Would take him on loan with a view to buy.

We've got to shop smart. The case may be that Burnley fancy bringing in someone else next season and if that's the case he could become available. No doubt we've asked his agent and Burnley to keep us posted with regards to his future availability.
Can't see him coming on loan now as he only has one year left on his contract. If Burnley want to move him on I'd imagine they'll want him to go permanently so they get a fee for him

Won’t be popular but your last two sentences are spot on.

It’s time for a parting of the ways.
I agree, he has become a constant distraction for the team and cannon fodder for the refs and tabloids.
For his sake and the teams I hope we move him on with our best wishes, he's played his part and time to go.

Might be unpopular but I honestly think we can do better than Kent.

His goals/assist returns are simply not good enough. He plays well in Europe but seems to go missing in the smaller games.

Maybe but there is no chance he will be replaced after spending 7 mil last summer. Hopefully he kicks on this year

A lot of people still see Defoe as a 2nd or 3rd striker, personally I can't see him kicking a ball for us next season other than the odd outing in the cup. He's a fantastic guy to have around the dressing room and at training but I think we should have 3 strong striking options ahead of him.

A lot of people still see Defoe as a 2nd or 3rd striker, personally I can't see him kicking a ball for us next season other than the odd outing in the cup. He's a fantastic guy to have around the dressing room and at training but I think we should have 3 strong striking options ahead of him.

I would say that Defoe is more like a 2B. I am hoping that we bring in someone who will be ahead of him-a different option than what he can provide. Even with this reduced role, and with the norms of a regular season with injuries, suspensions etc... he could still easily get 15 starts and subbed into another 10 or so.

Back