Vydra scores again for Burnley

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Can’t help but feel this could have been a big signing for us if we’d got that loan deal through. I get the feeling any prospects of doing that deal later is now rapidly fading.

But oh well, you win some you lose some. And let’s be honest, he’s no Hagi ;)

Last edited:
I think he’s the type who would have carried us.

Hindsight, but a major blow when it fell apart.

Was excited by the prospect of this one, he’s a great championship level player and it just hadn’t worked out at Burnley. Disappointed that Burnley couldn’t get someone in to replace him.

VAR just gave a penalty to burnley after the bournemouth defender misjudged the flight of the ball due to wind only to hit his arm. Rules being applied properly.

Not for scottish refs though

Plenty knew of his ability before hand. He'd have been a good signing. Just our luck that he's now seeing more game time and scoring.

I guess can see why they were reluctant to let him go at the last minute.

Nothing we can do really.

Not seen the incident, however if it’s the correct decision, then ultimately it’s fair and not a mess.
It looked a penalty and if it had been given then Bournemouth wouldn't have scored. Was also hand ball for the first Bournemouth disallowed goal.

VAR just gave a penalty to burnley after the bournemouth defender misjudged the flight of the ball due to wind only to hit his arm. Rules being applied properly.

Not for scottish refs though

They have already had agoal chopped off by VAR for handball and everyone is saying it came of Billings shoulder which would have put them 1-0 up.

They have already had agoal chopped off by VAR for handball and everyone is saying it came of Billings shoulder which would have put them 1-0 up.
Not in the game I'm watching, they said it was a hand ball. Burnley might have had another penalty where the Bournemouth player handled but I think they applied the same Rules as last Sunday :))

Not in the game I'm watching, they said it was a hand ball. Burnley might have had another penalty where the Bournemouth player handled but I think they applied the same Rules as last Sunday :))

Everyone on the BT score panel and whoever it is on Super Saturday all said it was his shoulder?

I said it at the time and will say it again. Based on the YouTube videos of him on here when linked I instantly felt he looked a lot more of a complete player than Morelos.

I was hoping he would languish in Burnley reserves and we would get him in the summer to replace Morelos. Would have been astute business. Shame that looks less likely by the day.

He's a decent player.

They wouldn't let him go sadly.

Though here's one. Our interest was genuine but ended up in the public domain ie on here and elsewhere much to the anger of those within the club as too much stuff is being leaked like a sieve and whilst some is harmless, other stuff can cost us signings, start bidding wars, get other clubs interested and parent clubs get greedy.

The clamour for info and ITK is not new but too much info isn't always a good thing when it falls in to the wrong hands.

I have heard that as soon as our interest in Vydra was known / leaked / rumoured, the scum from the east were on to his agent.

Is my info 100% I dont know but guy who told me is usually clued up and doesn't like s lot of the stuff leaking out.

Everyone on the BT score panel and whoever it is on Super Saturday all said it was his shoulder?
Sky have just admitted that an angle shows it was hand ball then tried the one with the wind for the second one not being a hand ball :))

On the face of it, it looked to me as if the deal was agreed in advance with everyone (us, player & agent) except his patent club.

Back