Waghorn leads the line for Derby v QPR today

Down in Derby today aswell. Brilliant day for it. What's the story with tickets? Left it late, but still managed a spin round Pride Park. Quite busy. Now retired to the hotel to watch the scores come in.

Waghorn was under-rated. He was unfortunate against Hamilton, where after scoring a wonderful half-volley he got a hamstring injury- anyone who's played football and had one of those appreciates the psychological impact, as well as the physical one, that makes recovery difficult at times, and so his form dipped for a while. Glad for him that he's doing well.

Woeful game but a massive 3 points and back into the play off positions for the Rams:cool:

3 extremely difficult games left. Wouldn't be surprised if Boro and their brutal football still sneak into 6th place.

What a match, that 9 minutes of injury time almost finished me.
I was flicking through the scores as the full times were coming in and it was 0-0 in the 92nd minute.

Went to livescore to check the league table after Leeds went behind to find out Derby scored in the 94th and 101st minutes. What happened?

I was flicking through the scores as the full times were coming in and it was 0-0 in the 92nd minute.

Went to livescore to check the league table after Leeds went behind to find out Derby scored in the 94th and 101st minutes. What happened?
9 minutes injury time due mainly to QPR timewasting. Got a penalty in the 94th minute then scored a breakaway goal with the last kick of the game.

Waggy did not work out at Rangers he got plenty chances as our main Number 9 but was just not good enough. But he was a top lad and it is great to see him doing really well in the Championship.
What is does is show you that spending money is not always the answer.

He's had a good season at Derby,it would be interesting to see how he would cope if they get promotion.
Good luck to him.

Waghorn looked a good player for us in the championship, but he never looked comfortable in the top league, he missed too many chances early on, which affected his confidence, and he never really performed for us, to the level that was needed, his workrate was usually spot on

Its not always about ability, Waghorn has ability he has proven that. he didnt have the mentality to play for us and crumbled when the going got tough. He will be alright floating about the championship will little or no real pressure on him.

He seemed to really enjoy his time here. Injuries and bulking up to the size of a small tank killed the momentum he built up in the championship. To be honest he really isn't what we need if we are wanting to finish 1st and get Champions league qualification.

Played for the team he grew up supporting, played for the biggest club in Scotland and played in the biggest league in the world. Yes I agree he’s failed as a footballer.

Plus his Mrs is a 10. Waggy is winning in life.

So potentially Waghorn could be in the Premiership next season and we sold him for how much?

Would have been a much better option than Lafferty who's been an absolutely terrible signing. Good luck to him

He didnt have much sell on value at that stage though. Wasnt scoring goals, wasnt in demand and wasnt going to be starting many games.

Should've definitely kept him IMO. He was low on confidence but he was still good for a goal.

I'm just going by his stats of late and highlights footage of his recent goals and assists on Sky Sports. From the outside, he looks to be doing well just now.

Wouldn't know - I just hear from guys who watch every week and one of the directors :)

He did some good stuff.

But laterally, he honestly looked so awkward and she’ll shocked on the ball.

Got a mate who is a Derby fan so hope they go up.

Lampard is also a nice guy so it would be good to see him do well.

Waghorn was no where near as bad as people made out.

Total shot of confidence though, would have been a different animal under Gerrard.

We were right to sell him. People are forgetting how abysmal he was in our first season back in the top flight. Nice guy and I'm glad he's doing well but let's not pretend he was doing well here.

Back