Waka Waka - From Sunny Arizona

Are Episcopalians not virtually tims.
Massive spectrum within the Church of England/Episcopal church from 'more Protestant than me' to 'More papish than the Pope'and everything in between.

My local C of E is a comfortable middle ground. I usually go to morning prayers at 08.30 and that's a simple prayer book service using the old-fashioned Cranmer Book of Common Prayer service.

AN American church choir have had their own taste of Scottish football - by performing the Fashion Sakala song with their organist.

Scottish-born Rangers fan Gordon Stevenson plays and accompanies the choir at St Mary's Basilica, a Catholic church in Phoenix, Arizona.

And he shared a brilliant video of himself and three of the church's choristers performing the song supporters have dedicated to the Zambian international.

In the near-minute long clip, Gordon can be seen playing out the intro to the chant on the organ.

The singers, all standing in front of him, then sing the song with Gordon before he plays a big finishing note at the end.

Rangers fans loved the video of their performance as they shared their appreciation online.

Mr Ade commented: "Absolutely fantastic. Love it."

Alan Mac added: "This is delightfully outstanding!"

Gary Sellars posted: "Magic tune for the wee man! Great."

Bryan Miller said: "This is f****** brilliant, he comes from Zambia!"

And after another supporter asked where the video was filmed, Gordon explained that St Mary's Basilica is just one of several churches and venues he performs in.

He said: "Cheers man, it's actually a cathedral in sunny Arizona where I play regularly, among many venues I play in as a professional musician.

"Although to be fair I have belted out a lot of the blue tunes in my own church (Church of Scotland) back home in Scotland too.

"Good job the minister is a good bluenose!"

Sakala has become a firm favourite of Rangers fans since joining the club during the summer.

The 24-year-old has scored five goals in nine Premiership appearances so far this season, most recently in the 3-1 victory over Livingston.

Gordon seems a decent lad -

"Scottish-born Rangers fan Gordon Stevenson plays and accompanies the choir at St Mary's Basilica, a Catholic church in Phoenix, Arizona.
And after a supporter asked where the video was filmed, Gordon explained that St Mary's Basilica is just one of several churches and venues he performs in.
He said: "Cheers man, it's actually a cathedral in sunny Arizona where I play regularly, among many venues I play in as a professional musician.
"Although to be fair I have belted out a lot of the blue tunes in my own church (Church of Scotland) back home in Scotland too.
"Good job the minister is a good bluenose!"

Are Episcopalians not virtually tims.
Not all reformed faiths reformed to the extent like Presbyterianism (from the word ‘Presbyter” meaning governed by elders)

Some,like episcopalianism ( from the word “episcopal” meaning governed by bishops) ,apart from breaking with Rome,merely fine tuned their doctrines etc

Scattered around the highlands and other parts of the north of Scotland,some catholics/catholic clans felt that the country’s move towards Presbyterianism was too far a leap from the doctrines they had been used to and chose episcoplianism.That’s why there are a relatively “high” amount of episcopalian churches in the highlands and other northern parts of Scotland

Not all reformed faiths reformed to the extent like Presbyterianism (from the word ‘Presbyter” meaning governed by elders)

Some,like episcopalianism ( from the word “episcopal” meaning governed by bishops) ,apart from breaking with Rome,merely fine tuned their doctrines etc

Scattered around the highlands and other parts of the north of Scotland,some catholics/catholic clans felt that the country’s move towards Presbyterianism was too far a leap from the doctrines they had been used to and chose episcoplianism.That’s why there are a relatively “high” amount of episcopalian churches in the highlands and other northern parts of Scotland
Good information mate.
Thanks

Rangers are more popular than Jesus. Copyright John Lennon. But yes we are, no matter Catholic or protestant. We are more popular than Christianity because we are the people. The chosen ones.

He does some absolutely fantastic stuff. I’m pretty sure he’s from Kilwinning originally.

A lot of Protestant churches have references to being ‘Catholic’ in their services, as in the literal meaning of the word, universal.
Correct, you will hear that reference in the most important Church of Scotland west of Edinburgh, namely Glasgow Cathedral.

Also why many Jacobites were Episcopalian rather than the usual ''they were aw Tims'' nonsense.

Indeed mate, the episcopalian church has been around in the North as long as CoS.
They are a reformed church, and as you say are not governed from Rome.

Fantastic. Very random, but fantastic none the less. Would love to have been privy to that conversation.
"You want us to sing what, buddy?"
I asked a band in the local boozer to sing it when I was wrecked at Haloween. They must have thought I was speaking in tongues.

Back