Wales two away games and they are surely through!

For a very small country, they produce a fair amount of class players, world class in many cases.
Scotland, well not even worth talking about.

They've got an excellent balance to their team and are always set up properly.

Doubt they've got anything that comes close to the diddyness of O'Donnell anywhere near their squad.

It's no fluke they have done so well in the last 2 euros, I enjoy watching them. Scotland don't have anyone close to a Bale or Ramsey, but as a unit Wales function like a international football team should.

It's no fluke they have done so well in the last 2 euros, I enjoy watching them. Scotland don't have anyone close to a Bale or Ramsey, but as a unit Wales function like a international football team should.
I would agree with that, throw in the two or three real top drawer performers and you have a potent mix.

They've perfectly fused two top class players with more solid journeymen. They have also worked on tactics, attitude, and managed to focus on having an attacking edge.

Really tough games, too.

Switzerland have reached the Knockouts of the last three major tournaments and could take something from the Italians tonight.

Turkey in Azerbaijan is basically a home game for Turkey

Scotland one game at home and they are probably out!
Do Wales really have more resources at their disposal than Scotland?
They have Bale who is a genuine world class player. Ramsay who is a fantastic player and a manager that went for the win today.

Thought they stole a point against the Swiss but fair play to them.

The main thing that sets them apart is they have 2 players who play for elite clubs capable of magic. Scotland as long as I’ve known them always seem to huff and puff in attack and don’t create an awful lot.

Supported by a hand working unit of players who all know each other’s strengths and weaknesses and a management team who isn’t afraid to play youth in front of jobber favourites.

Having Bale and Ramsey and you're always likely to be a threat, Scotland have little up front.
Scotland's best players are 2 left backs and a defensive midfielder that we often utilise at centre half.
Add in using players who've been out of form all season and an ultra conservative manager and it's no wonder we struggle. What is a surprise is some people seemed genuinely shocked at the performance on Monday.

Having Bale and Ramsey and you're always likely to be a threat, Scotland have little up front.
Scotland's best players are 2 left backs and a defensive midfielder that we often utilise at centre half.
Add in using players who've been out of form all season and an ultra conservative manager and it's no wonder we struggle. What is a surprise is some people seemed genuinely shocked at the performance on Monday.
Indeed.

We struggle, on a regular basis, to beat third tier international sides.

Remember when scotland and england dumped the irish & welsh for bigger things from the home internationals.

Worked out well.

It helps they have a management team who actually play their best players and don't work on the premise someone had a decent game 8 months ago

Remember when scotland and england dumped the irish & welsh for bigger things from the home internationals.

Worked out well.
I remember when that happened, we sort of expected it from the English but naively thought the Jocks were our brothers or something. It soured a lot of Norn Iron support on backing Scotland in their other games. Not all, but a lot. Including me.

Scotland one game at home and they are probably out!
Do Wales really have more resources at their disposal than Scotland?
Im not so sure its about resources, though they are relevant. I think its about Welsh players(youths upwards) regularly playing against better players. If Welsh football was completely cut-off from England then chances are they'd produce players suited only to compete in a tiny North European footballing backwater.

Footballers seem to get ignored up here. Charlie Miller for example had one cap despite not looking out of place in a midfield with Gazza

That’s a ridiculous question. Bale and Ramsey are completely different level
I don't think it is.
Tierney and Robertson are both players starring for top sides. Our centre backs are as good as the ones Wales are able to call on.
We have midfield players playing for teams equal to or if not better than the Welsh.
Outside of Bale and Ramsay Wales have a mixture of journeymen possible not equal to the quality of journeymen that the Scots can call on.
Recently we also have players like Gilmour and Patterson breaking through, albeit they haven't been included.

As for it being a ridiculous question, why should it be?
Ffsake their goalkeeper hasn't even had a fckn start in the league this season!!!

Admittedly I had to google that as I have never heard of him before. :D

Back