Walker ban

I hope so. Even if he apologises, it would be the same as the BBC, a hollow apology only done so they can get access. They would revert back to type very quickly so I hope we never accept their apologies and keep them banned forever.

I think blanket bans can be counter productive.It automatically gives the person banned a "martyr" status and the story is then spun as them only being banned for telling the "truth" etc.
I think in incidents such as the Walker situation he should be invited in for an interview on Rangers TV and asked some pointed questions,I am sure his comments could be easily dismantled.
If he refuses to back up or defend his comments then we would be clearly justified in refusing him entry until he can back up his claims or apologises for spreading misleading information on a worldwide broadcasting platform.

He has been completely incapable of impartial commentary for years, like Provan before him. I'm not sure why the Sky formula for commentary on Scottish games constitutes a main commentator who treats us with antipathy alongside a bitter ex-Celtic player or fan as co-commentator. That McFadden is less bitter is an improvement but hardly a seismic shift.

I think blanket bans can be counter productive.It automatically gives the person banned a "martyr" status and the story is then spun as them only being banned for telling the "truth" etc.
I think in incidents such as the Walker situation he should be invited in for an interview on Rangers TV and asked some pointed questions,I am sure his comments could be easily dismantled.
If he refuses to back up or defend his comments then we would be clearly justified in refusing him entry until he can back up his claims or apologises for spreading misleading information on a worldwide broadcasting platform.
You say martyr, I say cun t.

I hope he never apologises any like minded summariser/co-commentator now knows of the safe parameters of which we expect them to stay within

Keep it to what's happening on the pitch or what's happened on the pitch

I hope he never apologises any like minded summariser/co-commentator now knows of the safe parameters of which we expect them to stay within

Keep it to what's happening on the pitch or what's happened on the pitch
If he refuses to apologise then SKY should be doing so on his behalf.

The longer this situation is allowed to go on the more folk will be thinking Walker has been telling the truth.

Having a globally available interview discussing whether we are insolvent or not sounds counter intuitive to me mate. Why not have one discussing whether we are racist Nazis? Appreciate your desire to dismantle him but I’d do that in the courts personally.

Let’s be quite clear on this!

Walker is employed by Sky as a football pundit/commentator and was commenting upon the potential ramifications on Rangers & Celtic of the proposed super league. He stepped beyond this by making an non football comment on a topic on which he has neither qualification nor up to date knowledge. His comment could have been damaging to our club both reputationally and financially. Requesting an apology from him does not appear to be unreasonable and given Sky do not look to have supported him suggests he does not have a leg to stand on!

It would save a further bit of admin work just to tell him he is banned forever and not ever welcome back. Then nobody needs to worry about it going forward - he's just not allowed in period.

If someone in his position made similar comments about the financial state of Sky or BT or Sports Agency they could end up in serious trouble in court. Hes lucky Rangers havent take it further as theyd be well placed to do so.

As for the post saying hes a martyr, in the eyes of who? Charlie Nicholas? Some other hack clown?

A total irrelevance. Rangers acted properly and its the sort of thing they shouldve done years ago.

McFadden is not a bitter like Walker.Sky really should take the hint that Rangers fans just don't like Walker because of the shite that comes out of his bitter mouth.

McFadden in his young days as a player, when asked if he would go to the tims, said no he will not join any of the old firm and he left to go to England.

As a US based bear, I didn't hear what he said. Is there a clip or transcript to what he said that prompted the ban ?

All those emails from Sky to fans complaining about him this season ringing a bit hollow now? "Andy can't possibly be a biased cnut because he was a mediocre footballer, once coached an under 6 team and his 10m front crawl swimming badge with the boy scouts"

He has been completely incapable of impartial commentary for years, like Provan before him. I'm not sure why the Sky formula for commentary on Scottish games constitutes a main commentator who treats us with antipathy alongside a bitter ex-Celtic player or fan as co-commentator. That McFadden is less bitter is an improvement but hardly a seismic shift.
Its always Boyd v an army of tims plus McCoist trying not to offend anyone so being pretty neutral.

Tim Corner: host, 2 guests, main commentator, co commentator
Rangers Corner: Boyd
"Neutral": Ally

So have Sky finally realised all those emails about that bigot were right and how the hell could they keep anyone on their payroll who stated that a professional footballer would love getting sectarian abuse from away fans?

Its always Boyd v an army of tims plus McCoist trying not to offend anyone so being pretty neutral.

Tim Corner: host, 2 guests, main commentator, co commentator
Rangers Corner: Boyd
"Neutral": Ally
I'm not unconvinced that Boyd isn't there as a token gesture in response to the constant (valid) accusations of bias.

I'm not unconvinced that Boyd isn't there as a token gesture in response to the constant (valid) accusations of bias.
Watched the SPFL TOTY programme. Boyd owned Walker. He was overweight 2nd time round as a player & occasionally played the media game when at Killie. Now retired, he's more forthright

Can we not let him in just to see us get the trophy then ban him again?
XvDC3uY.gif

I’d ban him on the basis of his comments back in 2011/12 as a radio cattolica pundit. Egged on by deladrunk his wee rat faced poison filled the airwaves nightly slandering rangers and making light of our fans attempts to save the club. It wasn’t just what he said it was the actual venom with which he spouted his drivel.

I’m sure there must be archives somewhere with it. If we listened he’d never be allowed in Govan never mind Ibrox Park. A beady eyed rat faced dyed in the wool rangers hater.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back