Wall Street Journal says Saudi Wealth Fund to buy Newcastle FC

How much do you need now to challenge the likes of Man City?

Half a billion at least I reckon. Probably £1 billion is more realistic.

Surely you mean Liverpool? Who in fact have a lower net spend than Newcastle!!

Just shows that if you have competent owners who ensure the club is well run from top to bottom then you don't have to run at a massive loss each year.

Ashley is a parasite who’ll cling onto anything he can. I don’t think Newcastle fans will ever be rid of him completely, no matter who takes over. A shame. Their fans deserve better, as do we.

I'd really look for the fat slugbbastard tae suffer a heart attack and thus get fuuk all of any monies.

And I'll no be the only wan.

Every transfer window this gets wheeled out, along with some pundits saying he’s right not to spend 10s of millions on transfers if he’s selling the club. Then it falls through again.

More oil rich money playing football manager! Good luck to them whatever happens. No proper football supporters deserve that fat slug in charge of their club.

Always hear talk about this but for whatever reason fat Ashley just refuses to sell. Wanted them to go down this season but can't see it happening now.

Hate to see the fat man getting a wedge but Newcastle fans deserve shot of him.
Couldn't disagree more
Hate to see the fat man getting a wedge but Newcastle fans deserve shot of him.
Couldn't disagree more
50 thousand black and white shirted morons fill St James park with its wall to wall SD and SD related electronic advertising despite fatboys financial raping of their club
Seems like a match made in heaven

If the fat fucker succumbed to his gravy veins tomorrow, (here’s hoping) then who would be in charge at Newcastle?

Just another parasite who would rape the life out of a football club for a quick pound.

These type of people should be euthanised.

340m - ashley will be happy with that plus the amount he’s raped outta toon over the years. even with the deal done i’m sure sports direct contracts will still tie the club up for yrs to come

Ashley wants to punt them but still wants to control the retail arm etc. there is no chance any consortium will buy him out the circumstance. I hope the fat lady's front bottom pops his clogs soon so ourselves and the Newcastle fans can get rid of him.

A bit later in the transfer window this time.
Surely he's just trolling the Geordies this time, as he must know that no one is going to fall for this pish again.

I read Kevin Keegans book.He said Ashley and his board were the worst people he had ever met in all his days involved in football.Dennis Wise doesn’t come out to clever either!

Saying he wants 350mil. This club has been on sale for 3 years now. The guy has got to be one of the most difficult people to deal with

I reckon as soon as they see the books and how Ashley has all merchandise deals sown up, they will run a mile like all the previous interested parties.

Back