Walter Smith has passed away

I always said Walter Smith understood the support better than we did ourselves the number of times we questioned a team selection or a formation only to see him deliver a victory.
He was like a father to the support we didn’t always agree with him but he had our best interests at heart.
A legend. So many happy days under him.

RIP Walter

Absolutely gutted to hear this. A very sad day. Thank you Mr Smith for the many many glorious memories you have gave me

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

Absolutely heartbroken to hear this.

Really sad news thoughts with his family RIP Walter you typified everything about Rangers a true legend a gentleman and very modest you will be sorely missed and a very sad day for football .

RIP Walter, a true Rangers and Scottish football Legend. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

A genuine punch-in-the-guts feeling. Few of us on here will have known him personally, but regardless I think all of us felt he was a part of our family.

A special man.

I scrolled past his picture earlier thinking nothing of it then went back to read it.

Devastated! The greatest of my life time.

Thoughts are with his friends and family. A terribly sad day for us all. Heartbroken.

Heartbroken by that news. Sir Walter has been pretty much a constant in my football life. He was the manager as I fell in love with football and Rangers and when he returned I was old enough to start really enjoying going to watch football with family and mates.

He was responsible for some of the greatest moments of my life supporting Rangers.

RIP to a true great.

That’s my childhood growing up during 9 in a row. Absolutely gutted to hear that, a true Rangers legend and gentleman!

Sad news. What a remarkable man and manager. We can only be grateful he was at the helm at our club. So glad he saw us dominant again and had met mates on the golf day to catch up.

I'm on a training course, daughter has just messaged me to tell me and tears have streamed down my face, Walter is what you call a real Ranger a real hero and I'm absolutely gutted, i really cant face the game tomorrow now. RIP Walter and thank you for everything.

Horrible news!

I grew up during his first spell as manager, it was an incredible time to be a young Rangers fan. 9 in a row, our European run in 92, some incredible players in a team that never knew when they were beat. That was all because of Walter Smith, utter legend of a man!

Back