Walter Smith has passed away

Heartbreaking. Knew he was unwell but still awful news. Thoughts with his family, and to the Rangers family, we have lost a true Rangers icon

Gutted to hear this, had hoped he was over the worst when he was appearing at one or two events not that long ago.

Rest in peace Walter.

Heartbreaking. Knew last week that this was very likely but it doesn’t make it any easier to handle.

an absolute legend.

Absolutely heartbreaking, a true Rangers legend, I ll never forget the memories he has given me and the Rangers family. RIP Sir Walter Smith

Awful awful news.

The best Rangers and Scotland manager of my lifetime. An absolute legend.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

This one hurts. A lot.

A true Rangers legend.
The word is overused in football but he was a Legend in all senses of the word.

RIP.

Devastating and sad news.

A heavy heart this morning.

Thoughts with his immediate family and the rest of the Rangers one. This hurts.

That's a horrendous shock.

First and foremost, thoughts to his family.

The man will be remembered as a Rangers giant for the rest of time.

Brother Walter,
Happy to meet
Sorry to part
Happy to meet again

A place for you in the immortal mansions above

“Winning 10 top-flight titles as manager, five Scottish Cups and six League Cups, as well as leading his club to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008, he will be remembered by the football community across the world. His spells as Scotland manager as well as managing in the English Premier League underlined his credentials as one of the great modern day football managers.

However, for Rangers supporters, he was much more than just a football manager. Walter was a friend to many, a leader, an ambassador and most of all-a legend.”

Back