Walter Smith has passed away

Devastated.
That night at Tannadice will live long in my memory as will the memory of you.

Thank you Walter and Rest in Peace.

Absolutely gutted to hear that, was such an important part of our club. It genuinely feels like losing a family member.

Awful to hear this. A hero of the Ibrox faithful, and a giant amongst men.

Condolences to the Smith family, his contributions to Rangers shall never be forgotten.

RIP Gaffer.

Awful news. I had the pleasure of meeting Walter on several occasions. They say you should never meet your heroes Not in his case. A gentleman and a legend of our great club. RIP Mr Smith.

Gutted to hear that, him and Ally were my heroes growing up and gave me some of the best days of my life as a Rangers supporter.

Sleeping were no Shadows fall

Shocked as thought he was on the mend.

A club legend up there with the likes of Struth.

Trying to think of the great memories he created for us all, and hope his family can do that as well.

So sad to hear this, he was a true Rangers man. Condolences to Ethel and his family. Safe in the arms of Jesus

I am truly devastated, what a horrible piece of news.
That man is, was and always will be a Rangers legend , he deserved a longer retirement, I am glad he was around to see 55.

He has been around all through my childhood and then he retired in my adulthood to proved more amazing memories.
I am heartbroken.

A true ranger.. gentleman.. sir walter to all of us bears. RIP sir... thanks for the wonderful memories.

Such sad news a true gentleman , he will be sadly missed an absolute giant in Rangers history, condolences to his family, RIP Walter

Shocked and stunned! We have lost a true friend and a legend. A great Ranger, rest in peace Sir Walter.

Last edited:
Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

Very sad news indeed.

A gentleman and club legend RIP GBNF :-(

Back