Walter Smith has passed away

This is absolutely heartbreaking.
A true legend and the epitome of a Ranger.
So glad he got to see 55. He deserved that more than any of us.
RIP Sir Walter. Rest easy.

That’s genuinely upset me. Gave me the best day of my life

What a legend he is

Truly heartbreaking news. Can't put into words how this feels.
I remember well, when he took over from the magnificent one, then led us to 9 in a row. I have wonderful memories of Walter at the helm.
RIP

Wounded, absolutely wounded.

Thank you for everything Sir Walter, your achievements will be remembered and celebrated for centuries to come. What an indescribable impact you have had on all of our lives as a manager of our great club but more importantly because of the values you held as a man.

I am fuckin in tears heartbroken. Thank you gaffer, for everything. Thank you so so much. RIP

Terrible news. Thoughts are with his family and all the rangers family that have lost a legend today.

I heard on Friday that he was in a bad way but hoped, prayed indeed, that it was not the case. Hopefully he enjoyed his time with Graeme Souness on Saturday.

Sleep well Mr Smith, sleep well.

To me the greatest ever rangers manager. He created so many good memories. There will never be another like him. RIP

The epitome of a true Rangers man. Condolences and heartfelt sympathy to Walter’s family and everyone who knew him

Absolutely devastating news. Walter was the very definition of a true Ranger. Thoughts are with his family. Rest easy Sir.

Back