Walter Smith has passed away

Very sad news and feeling very upset. Walter allowed us to live our dreams with the success he brought us and those memories will live with us forever.

RIP Walter, you were the greatest

RIP Walter, the first proper Rangers manager in my life, I hope gerrard managed to get the trophy to him

Walter is The epitome of a true Ranger

Like many on here this man is responsible for giving me some of best days of my life!

RIP Walter Smith

QwmWydh.jpg

Bill Struth's words could have been written for Walter Smith.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football.

They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them.

No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him
."

RIP, Sir Walter.

Can’t believe this. Absolutely terrible news.

A true Rangers legend.

Condolences to the family.

Horrible news, I just hope he wasn't in any pain towards the end.

The man is a colossus for Rangers Football Club and wider Scottish football.

A true legend.

RIP Walter.

I feared the worst when I seen that photo of him with SAF a few weeks back. He looked so frail. Absolutely heartbroken by this news. Feels like a family member has died.

Absolutely heartbroken at this news, he gave me some of my best memories as a Rangers fan.

An absolute legend and a true gent as well.

RIP Sir Walter.

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

Glad to have waited after a game, shook his hand and thanked him. A proper hero, legend and gentleman.
Rest in peace sir and condolences to the family.
A lot of sad people in the world today.

Even know we knew he wasn't well i am still totally shocked.
Heart felt condolences to family.
A true Rangers Legend
R.I.P Sir Walter

I can’t really put in to words just how sad this is. I know both his boys. To say he is a Rangers legend probably does not do him justice however, he was an amazing and loyal family man as well.

In a week where I have lost my own dad as well, I must say I feel truly broken.

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP gaffer

Really saddened to hear this. Walter Smith did so much for our club that he can rightly be regarded as one of the most influential figures in our history. God bless you Walter, and thanks for giving us such wonderful memories.

Absolutely devasted hearing this. He was an icon and a legend for me as I was lucky enough to grow up and get invested in football during the 9IAR seasons. Rest easy Gaffer.

Incredibly sad news. An incredible decent and dignified man and a wonderful servant to Rangers. A genuinely devastating loss to all of us, but particularly his family. Deepest sympathies to them.

Sitting here in a puddle of tears. never thought I would react like this about someone I didn't really know.
RIP Mr. Smith.
The Rangers family will never forget what you did for us.

In a world where the term is vastly over used, Walter is a true Rangers legend, gave me some of the best moments of my life. RIP . What a sad, sad day

Back