Walter Smith has passed away

Rest in Peace Mr Smith. Thank you for the service to our great club and for all the special memories you helped create for the Rangers family.
Sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family. Rest in peace Walter and many thanks for all you did for our great club.

The word legend is used far to much these days, but this man was and always will be a true club legend. Terrible terrible news. Thanks for giving me the best Football memories I have ever had and probably will ever have. RIP Walter

Absolutely gutted. Thoughts are with his family. R.I.P to the man who gave myself and thousands of others so much joy over the years

RIP Walter. Love to all of his family.

A true Rangers legend and his achievements will live long in history.

As so many have said already, devastating news. A man who encapsulated everything that's good about Rangers and a role model for generations to come.

Broken hearted when I seen the news, not only a great Rangers manager but a truly great man.

A true legend who stood up at our time of need, RIP Sir Walter and thanks for the memories.

Extremely sad and surprising news as I thought he was on the mend. A titan of Rangers Football Club who gave me some of the greatest moments of my life. Irreplaceable.

I am absolutely beyond devastated at this, one of our true heroes. A man who gave so much to the club. RIP Walter a true gentleman.

Feel like ive had a steel toe cap boot to the stomach with that news. Absolutely gutted.
Despite never having met him, he has had such a big impact on my life and bought me so much joy as a Rangers supporter. Condolences to his family.

RIP Gaffer.
A true gentleman and absolute legend.
Gave me some of the best times following the Teddy Bears.

The very embodiment of a Ranger, represented our Club with class , dignity and passion. Huge loss, but the memories will live forever.

This news is like a punch to the stomach.

Rest easy you remarkable man. You gave me some of the best days of my life following Rangers.

Back