Walter Smith has passed away

An absolute legend of Rangers Football Club

Some of my happiest memories as a fan have been with Water managing the team

RIP Walter, rest easy!

Sitting on a work call and had to switch my camera off. Blinded by tears. Absolutely gutted.

Thanks for everything, Walter. An absolute hero.

Devastated doesn't come close to describing the feeling right now.

To me, Walter Smith is Mr Rangers.

Rest in peace Sir Walter

Absolutely devastated by the news that Walter Smith has died this morning.
He gave me some of the best footballing days of my life.
Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and was even present at his MM degree in Helensburgh many years ago.
A proper Rangers man and a Rangers legend who kept his old school values.

Safe in the arms of Jesus.

WALTER SMITHS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

Words can comprehend how utterly heartbroken I am. RIP gaffer and thank you for the absolute amazing feelings you gave us supporters.

Truly Gutted, gave us so many great memories. A great manager, a legend and a true gentleman. Rest in Peace Mr Smith.

The term legend is too often flung around in football these days, but Walter epitomised the very essence of a rangers legend. Old school values, a steely grit and an enormous and insatiable will to win.

So sad that he has passed but he will forever be ingrained in the memory and traditions of the club. An absolute hero. RIP.

I am totally gutted.
R.I.P Sir Walter and, I thank you from the bottom of my broken heart for all that you have done for our beloved club. Mr Smith you will never be forgotten, a true LEGEND. WATP.

I'm sure I'm one of many crying right now. I actually feel like I knew him he as he played a huge part in my life. Condolences to his family of course.

Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers Have you seen the boys in blue They're admired by all who know them If you knew them so would you

Oh they have played way in Monaco They have played in the USA But the greatest game in history Is the game on New years day

For it's the home of famous heroes And their praises have been sung Willie Waddell, Torry Gillick Alan Morton and George Young

And when all my life has ended And when death has made it's mark Will you scatter all my ashes On the slopes of Ibrox Park

And with the Angels I'll be singing Up in heaven there up above I'll be singing Follow Follow To the Rangers that I love

And with my flute I will be playing In the valleys and the glens I'll be happy and contented When the Rangers win again

Genuinly had to take myself to the toilet for a wee moment like a bit Jessie.

Thank you for everything gaffer, Rest Easy.

Gutted, one of our best managers.

He will live on forever through his legacy of excellence at the club.

Back