Walter Smith has passed away

I cannot believe what I’ve just logged on here and read. I knew he’d been unwell in recent times….but still, completely out of the blue bombshell.

So many memories. Was always such a reassuring father figure. When Walter spoke, you felt everything was gonna be okay.

RIP Walter

Lost for words and holding back the tears here.

You gave me my greatest memories following The Rangers.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Rest Easy Mr Smith.

Very rarely affected by celebrities and stars passing on but really feel this one as a personal loss although I never knew Walter or met him. Dreadful news.

Genuinely gutted by this news.

He is to me what Rangers are and always will be about. He epitomises our club.

He will always be the manager I think of when thinking of us.

I grew up watching his teams walk away with 9 titles and then take us to a Uefa Cup final.

Hard to think how some of the ex players are feeling when we are all feeling like this for a man some of us didnt know. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Walter.

Thoughts with his family and friends - a great man an inspiration to generations and fantastic ambassador for our club :(

Thanks Walter so many good memories Legend doesn’t come near words to describe you, our thoughts with your Family and Friends Goodbye Walter RIP.

Absolutely gutted at this news. Heartbroken.

Figures like him don't come around every day and he's the type of person you think will always be around us.

Gutted.

Won’t be the only one shedding a tear today. A true Legend. RIP Thoughts with Family, Friends at this difficult time..

Wow that’s hit hard, I know he hasn’t been well but that’s still a proper shock. Sleep well Mr Rangers.

so ,so sad, a true great at our club has left us and we will all be a little bit poorer for his passing, a true Rangers man in every sense of the word and he leaves a large void in the lives of those of us who hold our club in great regard,

As a kid born in the 80’s - he is Rangers to me.

First manager I saw, first title I witnessed.

Gave me arguably the best night of my life in Florence.
This. Walter is everything Rangers to me. Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach.

We knew he was ill, we knew this day would come at some point.

Doesn't make this any easier.

We've lost the greatest manager in our modern era.

Thank you Walter.

Too much. This is just too fucking much. He is and always will be Mr Rangers to me. Absolute legend doesn't even come close to describing him. RIP Sir Walter, there'll never be another like you.

Absolutely gutting news.

Walter is my manager and brought me most of my greatest Rangers memories.

R.I.P to one of the greatest.

Very few times in my life am I speechless

This is one of them

RIP Sir Walter , thoughts go to his family at this tragic time ❤️

Back