Walter Smith has passed away

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

The epitome of a Rangers man. Hero and legend to all of us. Thank you, Sir Walter.

Just heard this and feel like been hit by a sledgehammer, gutted.

Rest in peace Walter, a true Rangers legend.

The epitome of what a manager, club representative and all round ranger should be. I'm truly gutted and shed a tear for him. My thoughts and prayers are for those he left behind. RIP Sir Walter.

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

Love this man. He is the standard that all Rangers managed are judged against.

Absolutely devastated at this news.

Thoughts go to his family.

Awful, heartbreaking news. A true Ranger and a legend. Thanks for the memories, Sir. Peace and light, Walter. Peace and light.

Absolutely gutted had the pleasure of doing some work in his house an absolute gentleman on and off the park rest in pease sir walter

Terrible news.

I met him in Norway in 1988 when we offered to share a taxi into Oslo with him and Alex Smith.

My dad met him standing on the terracing at Kirkintilloch Rob Roy's ground watching the reserves with Archie Knox just before we beat Aberdeen to win the league in 1991.

A giant of a man.

Rest easy Sir Walter.

Absolutely heartbreaking news

He gave us so many wonderful memories and epitomised everything good about our club

An absolute gentleman & legend simply doesn’t even come close

RIP Gaffer

Back