Walter Smith has passed away

Respect and condolences to family and friends.
R.I.P. Walter Smith.
A true Rangers legend.
Who will never be forgotten.
God bless you Sir.

So happy my kids were born in time to know who this man is. Absolute legend to our club - The Gaffer!

Heart wrenching news this morning, gutted beyond belief, RIP Sir Walter, you weren't one of they best, you were thee best. Thoughts and prayers to all your loved ones.

This stings a good bit more than I expected it to, having never met him.

As somebody tweeted, no man is bigger than the club, but Walter wasn't far off.

Rip, a great man and a great Ranger. Sad, sad day for us all, thoughts with his family at this time.

Sad tidings indeed im totally heartbroken by this sad news.Walter epitomised everything about our club total gentleman he will be sorely missed by us all.Thoughts with his family and friends at this sad time.

Absolutely gutted. Legend doesn't do him justice. Hope the team go out and win everything this season for him.

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

I hope the Club and Support come together for in my lifetime the Best Manager we ever had. He epitomised everything that Rangers stands for.
Hopefully there will be a Memorial of some sort in due course
RIP Gaffer

A great man in so many ways, the joy he brought to millions of bears around the world can never be forgotten. He now takes his place ambling through the corridors of Ibrox where so many legends before him walk in peace.
Sleep well Sir Walter

Heartbroken.

All my thoughts are with his family and friends.

There will never be another like him.

The death of celebrities or people in the public eye rarely upsets me but this is devastating news.

He will always be my Rangers manager, rest in peace Walter.

A true legend by anyones definition.

The greatest Rangers manager in my lifetime.

Hopefully the club will give a fitting tribute and I’m sure we will.

Gutted. A true Rangers legend and hero of mine growing up in the 90’s. Gave us a journey to a European final as well. I will never forget. RIP. Thinking about his family at this sad time.

The greatest Ranger of my lifetime. Noone else has epitomised the club we all love more, an embodiment of the virtues we all strive to achieve.
Rest in peace.

The epitome of a Rangers manager and a Rangers man, the modern day Bill Struth. Gave us all some incredible memories, from nine in a row, to a european final, to his three in a row and that amazing final day at rugby park.

The word legend is thrown about too often these days so I won't call Walter that, he's beyond that status. Thanks for the memories Mr Smith.

Shedding a tear here also.
So sad.
The only silver lining I can think of is he saw our beloved club back at the top where we belong.

RIP Walter...thanks for the memories.

Absolutely devastatingly sad news
All thoughts with family & close friends
May you rest in peace Walter
You brought us all so much joy in your lifetime - it really is appreciated-
Sadly missed - never forgotten

So sad to hear, what a Great Man, a true Legend. THE GAFFER., My condolences to all his family, he gave us so many wonderful memories, I'm absolutely gutted, Simply the Best.. RIP

Back