Walter Smith has passed away

Devastated by this. My first Rangers hero.

Super Ally on Talksport now.

Heartbroken, a true giant. Will always be the yard stick in my mind when comparing Rangers managers

Thank you, Sir Walter, for all the memories RIP

Walter Smith the man may have left us, but like Bill Struth and others, the Rangers legend that he became will live on with us all and those that come after us.

Thanks for the memories Walter.

Condolences to his family.

Listening to Ally on the radio, absolutely devastated as you’d expect but he’s holding it together.

Thoughts are with his family. An absolute Legend. Colossus of the game.

Thanks for the many wonderful memories Walter.

So sad to hear this news, a true Rangers legend and brought us all so many happy memories. I never had the pleasure to meet the man but a true gentleman and an icon of the football world.

Absolutely devastated to hear this. As others have said, he gave me some of the happiest times as a Rangers fan. Sitting at work trying to hold the tears back but each message and picture is making that very difficult.

Rest In Peace Sir Walter, thank you for everything.

Absolutely gutted. Sitting here next to tears. Walter rest in peace. You were the greatest Rangers manager in my lifetime if not anytime.
Walter Smith’s blue and white army.

RIP. Thank you for your contribution to my club, your country and to my life as a Rangers fan. First tears I've shed for many years.

Walter Smith has has passed away

This morning, surrounded by his family, Walter slipped from this life to the next.

Our leader, our hero, our friend - has been promoted to Glory.

In a life full of success he brought us tears and laughter but always with old school values.

We thank him for his service.

Absolutely gutted
Gone but never forgotten
And will always be in our hearts

So sad. Like others, I assumed he was on the road to recovery.

I don’t have many tears these days but reading the messages……

Thanks so much for the memories you gave us all and love to your family.

You were (and are) Simply the Best.

Back