Walters last season v this season at same stage

I'll be as disappointed as I would be any other year they win the league. The number is irrelevant.

Does them winning 10 make Lennon greater than Walter? Does it make their players greater or better than our 9IAR players? Does it mean Laudrup was shite?

Even Celtic fans would concede none of that is the case.

I don't know about any of you but it won't change how I feel about our past achievements. Unless it changes anything for you, I don't see why the number for them matters to you either.
I really don’t know what your on about mate

nobody is suggesting Lennon is better than Walter Smith or their squad is better than our squad of 9 in a row.

what it does mean is they’d have made history by being the only team in the country to win 10 league titles in a row. Regardless of whether we were there or not to compete

The main difference is the 2010/2011 team had lead in two games less,but still had 1 point more at this stage and this was solely due to to Watties team only losing 2 pts from a winning position in the 27 games as opposed to the 10 we have lost this season.To put this into perspective that lot have lost no points at all from a winning position in 28 league games this season.Last season we lost 13 pts that lot`s lost 5.So clearly the problem has not been addressed

Differance is we were never 12 points behind that mob, never lost the cup final to them and hadn't won a trophy in 9 years.

A worse Celtic side is romping the league cause we can't beat Killie, Hearts, Sheep or St Johnstone. So we keep Gerrard because his record compared with 2010/11? Not sure the point tbh

I really don’t know what your on about mate

nobody is suggesting Lennon is better than Walter Smith or their squad is better than our squad of 9 in a row.

what it does mean is they’d have made history by being the only team in the country to win 10 league titles in a row. Regardless of whether we were there or not to compete

History to who? We play football in a backwater. The only people who care about it are Celtic fans, the same way the only people who care about our 9IAR are Rangers fans. That doesn't diminish it to us, because those memories are everything but the history of how many in a row doesn't really matter to anyone else.

BATE Borisov are not long finished a 13IAR season. Historic? Certainly not anywhere other than Belarus. Rosenborg won 13IAR from the 90s into the 00s. Nobody cared.

You can see the apathy, the woeful EL qualifier results, the hoof ball, and the fact no one buys players, they have no cash.

The only team still in Europe at the end of August that season was Rangers.

Aside from the Rangers and Celtic, the total points won towards the coefficient in 10/11, despite having an extra team, was 4.

This season it's 4.5. To suggest it was better is misremembering at best.

Back