Warburton on sky sports with Rangers gear around room

We played some good stuff under him and we all bought into the magic hat.
Unfortunately Warburton and his players didn't have the mentality or ability to take that into the top league.

Did he mention how his legal action against the club is going for saying he resigned when he didn't? That's been a while now.

It's funny how things work out - He along with Le Guen were fans favourites before the seasons started. I'm not judging, but it's strange how things can turn out.

He'll never have a bigger job than Rangers, but he left us in a far better position than when he joined us.

He was the ideal manager to get us out of the Championship and his low budget signings, on the whole, did a good job for us.

However, for where we want to be now, then Mark Warburton certainly couldn't do that job.

I've no real axe to grind with him though.

Yes, he fuucked off and left us, but he was struggling with the job by then anyway.

Anybody who is getting upset about the way he left should remember Graeme Souness.

No manager ever left us in the shite more than he did and most of us have forgiven him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't share the passionate dislike of Warburton. After the previous few years, he did initially lift the mood at the club.

Unfortunately, he never really recovered from losing the SC final to Hibs.

He'll never have a bigger job than Rangers, but he left us in a far better position than when he joined us.

He was the ideal manager to get us out of the Championship and his low budget signings, on the whole, did a good job for us.

However, for where we want to be now, then Mark Warburton certainly couldn't do that job.

I've no real axe to grind with him though.

Yes, he fuucked off and left us, but he was struggling with the job by then anyway.

Anybody who is getting upset about the way he left should remember Graeme Souness.

No manager ever left us in the shite more than he did and most of us have forgiven him.
Perfectly put G. You’re better with words than me :)) Hope you and the family are keeping safe brother.

Perfectly put G. You’re better with words than me :)) Hope you and the family are keeping safe brother.

Dunno about that mate. :))

All good over here S and hope you and all your family in the Falkirk area stay healthy.

Get on the thread I've just started and give me your 2 games.

Would be interested to see what you go for.

I don't think that's the reason fans don't remember him fondly it's more down to talking to Nottingham Forest behind the clubs back and then threatening to sue the club when be left

TBF, we were likely looking for his replacement at the time (the teams form meant the writing was on the wall). He was probably just sensibly looking for the next move which few of us would have begrudge him, but our board (in a surprisingly savvy move for them) presumably found a loop-hole that voided his contract and saved the club money in firing him.

If I was Warburton, would I have complained? Definity! Was I complaining? No... Not until Progres at least!

And for the Gerrard underminers out there: Jog on! Not helpful. Not you being a good fan. It's only because of him that I can laugh at that Progres result now, and I didn't think that would be possible at the time. We have come so unbelievably far in such an unbelievably short space of time with Gerrard!

Dunno about that mate. :))

All good over here S and hope you and all your family in the Falkirk area stay healthy.

Get on the thread I've just started and give me your 2 games.

Would be interested to see what you go for.
Will do mate and everything is fine here, mums shattered as she’s a nurse

Will do mate and everything is fine here, mums shattered as she’s a nurse

We owe a massive debt of gratitude to people like your mum pal.

They really are a special breed.

I've been doing a few hours a day delivering shopping and prescriptions for a help group set up by my church.

There's some elderly people out there who are totally isolated and terrified at the moment.

They really need our help.

We owe a massive debt of gratitude to people like your mum pal.

They really are a special breed.

I've been doing a few hours a day delivering shopping and prescriptions for a help group set up by my church.

There's some elderly people out there who are totally isolated and terrified at the moment.

They really need our help.
I’m doing my grans and her neighbours as they’ve always helped me mate it’s not much but a small gratitude

He wasn’t the answer, but neither was spending £15m to end up with Murty in charge twice and a centre half partnership of Bates and Martin.

I am sure managing Rangers is a massive part of Warburton's life. Would have meant a lot to him and he's bound to want to memorabilia.

However, he offered nothing to in his time at Rangers. Or after he left Rangers and is a part of our existence best left ignored in all honesty.

He offered nothing?
He done the thing that previous two couldn’t and get us promoted . Slate him for other stuff, but to outright lie? Nah

Was great to begin with ...the rest is history

A team that was built and then crumpled in the space of a few months. I'll never forgive him for the SC Final capitulation the rest was on the cards pretty much after that.

Davie Weir's behaviour should have seen him removed from our hall of fame imo. He also will never be forgiven.

Most disappointing aspect of Warburton's tenure at Ibrox was Davie Weir, he couldn't organise or get decent Centre Halfs

Will be forever thankful for the victory over the tims at Hampden. We absolutely battered them in the first 45mins of that game and played some brilliant football along the way.

His departure will always leave a bitter taste though.

Difficult to believe this post

Why? I have no reason to believe random versions of the story from people on the club’s side versus his and Weir’s. His story has stayed the same and I tend to believe it.

Regarding him being a better manager than Gerrard, it’s a matter of opinion when arguing with the SG army I guess but had MW been given the players, money and resources SG was given I sincerely doubt we’d be where we are in the league (and where we are is absolutely pathetic in case you’ve forgotten).

Back