Warburton on verge of quitting QPR

This may rekindle posters fears on here that he’s going to end up England boss...

Spurs just sacked Jose, looks like Warbs is finally getting his dream job. Still at least he’s being up front about this one and not trying to slither out via the back door. That’s progress.

He certainly had the gift of the gab.
I think that the idea he would be scuttling about behind QPR’s back, touting himself for a new job is scurrilous.

He's probably at the top of his ceiling with QPR based upon their finances.

I don't think that squad and budget have a realistic chance of next years play-offs

Jumping ship whilst his stock is at its highest.

Colour me shocked.

That’s the kind of job he’d be more suited to.

He’s never a top level manager, too “nice”and far too naive for the big clubs.

I know someone who personally works with Rangers. Not in the football side, but the admin type stuff.

'Nice' is not a word that is normally associated with Warburton behind the scenes.

How does he get him and his daughter some kick back from transfers if working for the FA as opposed to a club?

I will never have the dislike some have for the guy. Ultimately he was found wanting but he also wasn't backed to anywhere near the levels of Gerrard or Pedro. But he brought back something I'd lost when he took over especially first few months. Hope. Also enjoyment of going to watch a Rangers team instead of the energy sapping chore it had become since 2012.

Time is a great healer or we maybe we (I) forget the noise that was happening around Warburtons departure.

I was a major critic of him towards the end and also his departure. Not to mention some of the dubius acts around the "best in the business" that we brought along.

However he was part of our story of getting back and seeing him talk recently in the build up to sundays game there is no doubt his time at Rangers has made a massive imprint on him and something that he talks very proudly off.

I wish the man good luck and say once a Ranger always a Ranger! Mark Warburton was not the greatest manager to walk up the marble staircase he certainly wasn't the worst and carried himself extremely well with the fans, his conduct with the funeral of the lad from Ayrshire just a small example.

He was not what we hoped for, but he did give us a victory over the vermin that will never be equalled or erased from the history books. The only old firm game won by a lower league club, for the rest of my life I'll remember watching that with my best mate and his father in law.
Best of luck to him.

This idea that a technical job would suit him has become a strange kind of myth that's attached itself to Warburton.

It also existed when he was at Rangers.

Can anyone care to tell me why a guy with a patchy signing record and limited experience in bringing them quality young players is best suited to this job?

This idea that a technical job would suit him has become a strange kind of myth that's attached itself to Warburton.

It also existed when he was at Rangers.

Can anyone care to tell me why a guy with a patchy signing record and limited experience in bringing them quality young players is best suited to this job?
I think it’s based on the stuff he done before being a manager. He’d done a fair bit of work with youths and development iirc.

I honestly think he’s full of shit and the phrase “pitch geography” haunts me. No harm to the guy but yeah, he’s better off in the background doing something technical or whatever it is he does well.

He brought us back up the to the league so thanks for that.
But he left a bad taste in the mouth the way he left, and the the behind the scene deals with his daughter
I think he duped everyone into believing he had an eye for a player.
He talked a good game but he was well out his depth
He’s an imposter in my opinion

Time is a great healer or we maybe we (I) forget the noise that was happening around Warburtons departure.

I was a major critic of him towards the end and also his departure. Not to mention some of the dubius acts around the "best in the business" that we brought along.

However he was part of our story of getting back and seeing him talk recently in the build up to sundays game there is no doubt his time at Rangers has made a massive imprint on him and something that he talks very proudly off.

I wish the man good luck and say once a Ranger always a Ranger! Mark Warburton was not the greatest manager to walk up the marble staircase he certainly wasn't the worst and carried himself extremely well with the fans, his conduct with the funeral of the lad from Ayrshire just a small example.
Still too soon for me mate, seeing Weir at Ibrox still annoys me greatly. Nothing against his actions or achievements you state bar the 1 big snake like decision he made.

That’s the kind of job he’d be more suited to.

He’s never a top level manager, too “nice”and far too naive for the big clubs.
He could be a top level manager if someone can find a "nice" league.

At the time he seemed the right man to take Rangers up and onwards but the initial signings that worked werent built upon and his inability to see weaknesses in his team were fatal.

Shame as he seems like a good chap.

Good luck to him, done a good job in his 1st year but once up to the SPL being up against Rodger's Sellick and his inability to change things it was not going to end well.

Still too soon for me mate, seeing Weir at Ibrox still annoys me greatly. Nothing against his actions or achievements you state bar the 1 big snake like decision he made.
Totally agree - and I still fail to see what weir did as assistant - did he not train the defence - we couldn’t even position selves for a corner

Back