Warburtons Birthday, great tweet reply!

If Warburton had stayed the season we'd have finished 2nd in my opinion

If he stayed I honestly don't think we'd have picked up the 4 points we did away to Celtc and Aberdeen. But on the other hand you could say we might have picked up 6 points away to Inverness and Dundee, 2 places we'd won at earlier in the season. Then you have the Aberdeen game at home. Would we still have lost that had Warburton been in charge? It's all ifs buts and maybes.

Warburton gave us a fantastic 2015/16 season including one of the best wins over the mhanky mob ever! He did so on a relatively small budget, the football was good and he helped galvanise the support. The 2nd season was a bit of a disaster from the off. In my opinion, his failure to sort out the defence was his biggest undoing. I was not happy in the manner in which he departed, it left a bad taste in the mouth and lacked class. However, on the whole I think he did a decent job, he still speaks well of the Club and I wish him all the best.

It was a sharp reply.

I liked Warburton. He was naive, but he was a decent guy and think he genuinely did enjoy his time here.

I sometimes question whether I've overlooked something with regards to MW given how fond of him a few still are.

Worked his ticket, tried to get out after putting in a mess, thought he could slither back in when his move went tits up, flat out lied to the entire support.

Why is he deserving of even an ounce of respect from Rangers fans? For doing his job to a decent standard in his first season? Given the manner of his exit and what he said at that press conference, he wasn't showing us any respect that's for sure.

Whatever your thoughts on him, he deserves better than that.

Especially from our own.

Agree. It's threads like this that make me think the message-board is infested - any opportunity to lay into players/managers, past and present. But then again, FF is generally an angry place.

I'm not privy to any behind-the-scenes stuff. From my perspective, he gave us good moments and some poor ones. He seemed a decent man, judging by his interaction with the support in Charleston.

Agree. It's threads like this that make me think the message-board is infested - any opportunity to lay into players/managers, past and present. But then again, FF is generally an angry place.

I'm not privy to any behind-the-scenes stuff. From my perspective, he gave us good moments and some poor ones. He seemed a decent man, judging by his interaction with the support in Charleston.

Trying to sneak away, then sneak back in, bare faced lying to the support and then chasing us for compensation isn't exactly "any opportunity" is it?

I could understand some people being upset by this if the messages were abusive, but they look like pretty harmless jokes to me. Being a Rangers manager should gain you the respect the position deserves, but you also need to respect it and it doesn’t look like he did.

I really struggle to find any respect for Warburton. There was just something very dodgy about him.

His stubbornness was one of his biggest failings. We were unable to do Plan A any better with the players we had yet he kept doing the same thing over and over!
The manner in which he departed will always leave a bad taste so it's understandable that some supporters want to have a wee dig at him!

Classless? What about whoring yourself around for other jobs while he's supposed to be getting us out of the mess he got us in? And don't get me started on "gave us our pride back." This is the guy who signed Joey Barton ffs!!

Only because he knew Dave King wanted him out ... and it was just a matter of time!

I sometimes question whether I've overlooked something with regards to MW given how fond of him a few still are.

Worked his ticket, tried to get out after putting in a mess, thought he could slither back in when his move went tits up, flat out lied to the entire support.

Why is he deserving of even an ounce of respect from Rangers fans? For doing his job to a decent standard in his first season? Given the manner of his exit and what he said at that press conference, he wasn't showing us any respect that's for sure.

I think people also forget how utter shite we were to watch, barring about 3 games, for a good 12 months until he ran off.

Little bit of banter - nothing wrong with that.

Some people take it too far as usual though. Suppose it's to be expected when discussing ex staff.

Back