Warsaw, how safe will our fans be?

nithsdaleloyalist

That’s nonsense .

They may portray an image of left wing leanings however the truth is you’d need to go far and wide to find a more fascist , racist , anti-Semitic and sectarian group of fans than those in the GB section of the piggery , and many on the periphery .
Fascism and anti-semitism are far left things.

Renoranger

Watched around 60 of those Croat hoolies from my car on PRW, they were causing mayhem until challenged up at Edmiston Drive.
Those Poles could potentially do a lot worse. Cops need to arrest them if they start. Not allow them into the match..
No, the police need to be armed to deter these Warsaw fkpigs.

HenningBerg

Far left politics can be all of those things in reality.
I know can be , my point remains the GB portray themselves as left leaning peoples champions when they are nothing of the sort .

My own views are centre left and are miles away from their ideals and their wish to portray themselves as SJW’s is worth ridicule .

ForzaLaudrup

More chance of bother in Glasgow I’d imagine. Polish police deal with them all the time.

I can see the Legia fans being more fussed about Celtic fans given their history with them than us.

Looking forward to seeing their fans at Ibrox as they are loud and create atmosphere.....then we quickly shut them up and scud them on the park to coast through to the group stages

ahalfallover

Reason I ask the question is primarily for all Rangers fans, however both my daughters (no pics) have tickets for the 1st leg . I know the Legia fans have a fierce reputation but just how safe do you reckon our fans will be.
be a running battle....

ahalfallover

If you behave like a normal human being and footie fan and not some bevvied, coked up Football Factory wannabe then Poland will be absolutely fine.

If not then trouble follows trouble.

I've been twice with Rangers to Poland.

Warsaw against AnzhI in the one off game and Wronki in the Uefa cup years ago.

Both absolutely fine. In fact the 3 nights we had in Posnan for the Wronki game were absolutely unbelievable and cheap as fck.

Morale of the story is don't act like a Tit and you'll be fine.
you trying to mug me off or something?

fotze2

Official Ticketer
‘Proper food’ = very large pork chops with salad and dumplings. To be honest, usually very tasty.

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
More chance of bother in Glasgow I’d imagine. Polish police deal with them all the time.

I can see the Legia fans being more fussed about Celtic fans given their history with them than us.

Looking forward to seeing their fans at Ibrox as they are loud and create atmosphere.....then we quickly shut them up and scud them on the park to coast through to the group stages
Exactly going with how much they hate the tims don’t be surprised if the gallowgate gets a visit.
They’ve been choking to get them.

It Is Old But Beautiful

And what happened to the Croats once challenged pal?
There’s a difference between Legia and Osijek. There were about 25 Croats whereas the vast majority of Legia away fans at Ibrox will be Ultras (a few hundred at least will be in the Ultras group) I think we will see a difference if they’re not contained by the police. I don’t even think the police marching them to the stadium will do anything. They battered the police in Madrid.

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
There’s a difference between Legia and Osijek. There were about 25 Croats whereas the vast majority of Legia away fans at Ibrox will be Ultras (a few hundred at least will be in the Ultras group) I think we will see a difference if they’re not contained by the police. I don’t even think the police marching them to the stadium will do anything. They battered the police in Madrid.
Can’t wait to see PS get a doing.
Fucking shitebags have had it to easy for years with there daft cameras.

MightyGersLand!

It's a totally different thing.
Very few people travel thinking about battering cops.

But we've seen it ourselves in Spain.
If the police want you to walk quicker for whatever reason they'll use their bat to tell you.

Poles just wouldn't sit back and watch themselves, their old and young get hit with sticks.

And neither would we back in the day.
So I wouldn't be using that to measure anyone.

It Is Old But Beautiful

My guess is the only trouble will happen the night before possibly them attacking a pub where our fans are. I’m sure those over there will be able to deal with them.

I can see more trouble happening in Glasgow. These guys are highly organised and I doubt Police Scotland has dealt with such level of hooligans travelling to the game. Legia distribute the away tickets to the Ultras so that gives an impression of the type of fans travelling.

It Is Old But Beautiful

It's a totally different thing.
Very few people travel thinking about battering cops.

But we've seen it ourselves in Spain.
If the police want you to walk quicker for whatever reason they'll use their bat to tell you.

Poles just wouldn't sit back and watch themselves, their old and young get hit with sticks.

And neither would we back in the day.
So I wouldn't be using that to measure anyone.
The thing is the vast majority travelling to Ibrox will be Ultras. Legia give the tickets to the Ultras. See below when they played Atromitos just there:

Last edited:

MightyGersLand!

The thing is the vast majority travelling to Ibrox will be Ultras. Legia give the tickets to the Ultras. See below when they played Astromitos just there:

I see what you are saying but I just don't buy it.
They'll come to Ibrox. No doubt a few will act the lady's front bottom. But they'll behave in the main, the way they are treated, I really believe that.
Dumped in a stadium falling to bits they've got flares galore. They'll come to Ibrox, the majority will be checked for flares and any found will be confiscated showing a bit of respect and it'll be accepted. A few might get in etc.
I may end up with egg on my face but only time will tell.

Grigo Yossarian

Just act like normal people and Poland will be safe as %^*&.

I've been to 'The Gdansk', and Warsaw (x2) and it's a really nice country with proper food and full of really decent people.
I’ve been to Warsaw & Wroclaw loads of times & they are great people but they do have a really wild element that attach themselves to their football teams.

the_baron

I've spent the last 20 years of my life training and mastering several forms of martial arts, creating my own fight style through an amalgamation of the different disciplines and have tailored it towards fighting in the ultra environment.

I, as yet have never used it in the public arena and have exclusively only showcased my devastating skills in my custom built dojo, battling handpicked fighters from the strongest, deadliest football ultra groups across the world.

After my latest battle which I have been building up to for 20 years, taking on 40 men all armed with weapons in my custom built dojo, I finally feel that I have mastered my craft and I am ready to show the world the brutal force of "Ultrakidoitsuate".

The timing of it couldn't have been any more perfect and I feel it's fate that we have been drawn against a team with one of the most feared gang of fighters right at the same time I achieved mastery.

So, I suppose what I'm trying to say is - I wouldn't worry about the safety of our fans, it's them who should be worrying.

Grigo Yossarian

Watched around 60 of those Croat hoolies from my car on PRW, they were causing mayhem until challenged up at Edmiston Drive.
Those Poles could potentially do a lot worse. Cops need to arrest them if they start. Not allow them into the match..
It’s before the match I’m worried about mate. Those Osijek it’s were allowed to attack innocent fans before our boys sorted them.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
I've spent the last 20 years of my life training and mastering several forms of martial arts, creating my own fight style through an amalgamation of the different disciplines and have tailored it towards fighting in the ultra environment.

I, as yet have never used it in the public arena and have exclusively only showcased my devastating skills in my custom built dojo, battling handpicked fighters from the strongest, deadliest football ultra groups across the world.

After my latest battle which I have been building up to for 20 years, taking on 40 men all armed with weapons in my custom built dojo, I finally feel that I have mastered my craft and I am ready to show the world the brutal force of "Ultrakidoitsuate".

The timing of it couldn't have been any more perfect and I feel it's fate that we have been drawn against a team with one of the most feared gang of fighters right at the same time I achieved mastery.

So, I suppose what I'm trying to say is - I wouldn't worry about the safety of our fans, it's them who should be worrying.
Custom built dojo you say? That’s how Josef Fritz and Fred West started out...it’s a slippery slope.

West Enclosure Bear

spotlight

It’s before the match I’m worried about mate. Those Osijek it’s were allowed to attack innocent fans before our boys sorted them.
That was my point. I saw the Croats punching and kicking people at random, before our boys sorted them later. They didn't seem to care about normal rules of behaviour. If ( and its only if ) a couple of hundred Legia boneheads decide to have an early wander round the Ibrox area I doubt ordinary fans or the Polis could stop them doing what they want.

Grigo Yossarian

Brilliant :D

Grigo Yossarian

That was my point. I saw the Croats punching and kicking people at random, before our boys sorted them later. They didn't seem to care about normal rules of behaviour. If ( and its only if ) a couple of hundred Legia boneheads decide to have an early wander round the Ibrox area I doubt ordinary fans or the Polis could stop them doing what they want.
Agree. I just hope PS don’t ignore them this time.

Jelle1880

Based on this, and knowledge of their usual behaviour at away grounds, l would expect their fans to be searched for flares etc on the way in.
Probably have the barriers up as well due to their reputation.
Searching does nothing.
My local team (Antwerp) had stewards search people by having them take off their shoes, t shirts,... in Plzen and they still got plenty of flares in ;)

FWIW: I saw they had a banner at their last home game saying something like 'The wives will cry, the kids will cry, every one of us to Glasgow will fly' :D
Fair to say they're looking forward to it.

Latest posts