Warsaw, how safe will our fans be?

I work offshore with a few polish lads they said that fans are nothing but trouble. no doubt the scottish press will love this and try give rangers a bad name.
I'm the same, off shore with Polish lads, some of whom are ultras, and they are genuinely mental. My missis is worried about me taking he wee lad but it'll be fine, if you go looking for trouble you'll find it!

Polish police are well on top of these things, which is why polish fans arrange fights away from cities etc. Your daughters will be fine :)

There probably will be some incidents the night before but as a poster above said, Polish police are pretty used to it and will be organised.

I think there will be more trouble at Ibrox.

Possibly. Perhaps Legia will be out looking for the GB though, to enact some kind of revenge for the unregistered player debacle.

Went to Belgrade in a Croatian plated car in 2007 with no problem. Walked right thru the Red Star fans pre game, but was told to shut up by my mates ! Was one of 2 (my Croat mate) who were let out of game instead of waiting 45 minutes by Serb polis. His cousin was Serb, so we partied until dawn on the riverboats:)
Belgrade is still my all time favourite trip.

Polish police are well on top of these things, which is why polish fans arrange fights away from cities etc. Your daughters will be fine :)

They didn’t look well on top of things when they charged the away end took forever for the polis to show up.

Possibly. Perhaps Legia will be out looking for the GB though, to enact some kind of revenge for the unregistered player debacle.

Would hope the Legia fans don't end up teaming up with the GB and opening The Tall Cranes bar for them pre-match

Nah mate, they hate the mentally challengeds because of the previous fixtures between them.

Also Legia are right wing and Celtic are lefties.

That’s nonsense .

They may portray an image of left wing leanings however the truth is you’d need to go far and wide to find a more fascist , racist , anti-Semitic and sectarian group of fans than those in the GB section of the piggery , and many on the periphery .

Someone needs to bring the enlightenment to the poor misguided poles, reformation for Poland here we come.

Reason I ask the question is primarily for all Rangers fans, however both my daughters (no pics) have tickets for the 1st leg . I know the Legia fans have a fierce reputation but just how safe do you reckon our fans will be.
TbePDRi.gif

Went to Belgrade in a Croatian plated car in 2007 with no problem. Walked right thru the Red Star fans pre game, but was told to shut up by my mates ! Was one of 2 (my Croat mate) who were let out of game instead of waiting 45 minutes by Serb polis. His cousin was Serb, so we partied until dawn on the riverboats:)

Did the same walk after, singing ‘follow follow’ - a couple of their fans clocked me but nowt was said.

Someone needs to bring the enlightenment to the poor misguided poles, reformation for Poland here we come.
Haha , i was going to post about this issue.There was little conflict in Poland during the reformation , later on the greatest Pole of all time (IMHO) Marshal Pilsudski (who was not Roman Catholic) encouraged religious freedom in Poland, one of the reasons Poland had Europes biggest Jewish population prior to world war 2.
As a practising RC myself i abhor religious persecution of any kind, i grew up in a town called Oldham near manchester and the majority of my friends were Protestants, and still are, for me Religion is no barrier to who i make friends with, i find it very sad that in some places, it is a massive issue.
Maybe i am going off piste here, so will shut up now for a while!

That’s nonsense .

They may portray an image of left wing leanings however the truth is you’d need to go far and wide to find a more fascist , racist , anti-Semitic and sectarian group of fans than those in the GB section of the piggery , and many on the periphery .
Fascism and anti-semitism are far left things.

Watched around 60 of those Croat hoolies from my car on PRW, they were causing mayhem until challenged up at Edmiston Drive.
Those Poles could potentially do a lot worse. Cops need to arrest them if they start. Not allow them into the match..
No, the police need to be armed to deter these Warsaw fkpigs.

Far left politics can be all of those things in reality.

I know can be , my point remains the GB portray themselves as left leaning peoples champions when they are nothing of the sort .

My own views are centre left and are miles away from their ideals and their wish to portray themselves as SJW’s is worth ridicule .

More chance of bother in Glasgow I’d imagine. Polish police deal with them all the time.

I can see the Legia fans being more fussed about Celtic fans given their history with them than us.

Looking forward to seeing their fans at Ibrox as they are loud and create atmosphere.....then we quickly shut them up and scud them on the park to coast through to the group stages

Reason I ask the question is primarily for all Rangers fans, however both my daughters (no pics) have tickets for the 1st leg . I know the Legia fans have a fierce reputation but just how safe do you reckon our fans will be.
be a running battle....

If you behave like a normal human being and footie fan and not some bevvied, coked up Football Factory wannabe then Poland will be absolutely fine.

If not then trouble follows trouble.

I've been twice with Rangers to Poland.

Warsaw against AnzhI in the one off game and Wronki in the Uefa cup years ago.

Both absolutely fine. In fact the 3 nights we had in Posnan for the Wronki game were absolutely unbelievable and cheap as fck.

Morale of the story is don't act like a Tit and you'll be fine.
you trying to mug me off or something?

‘Proper food’ = very large pork chops with salad and dumplings. To be honest, usually very tasty.

More chance of bother in Glasgow I’d imagine. Polish police deal with them all the time.

I can see the Legia fans being more fussed about Celtic fans given their history with them than us.

Looking forward to seeing their fans at Ibrox as they are loud and create atmosphere.....then we quickly shut them up and scud them on the park to coast through to the group stages
Exactly going with how much they hate the tims don’t be surprised if the gallowgate gets a visit.
They’ve been choking to get them.

Back