Was complacency our downfall last night?

The whole team had an off night and maybe we the fans were a bit complacent,I expected a hard game but a win nonetheless even after they scored.

I thought be patient on the ball,take possession and get the goals but we didn't.

Lets move on.

Lots of Bears predicting 3 and 4-0 wins last night.
Did going top of the league give us a false sense of superiority?

Does this rub off on the team, who played like all they had to do was turn up to win, and were out worked, outfoxed and overall lethargic?

The lack of commitment, and the abscence of any imagination was as plain as the nose on your face.
No, we did not play that well. It happens. Aberdeen defended almost the whole match, rarely troubled AM and stole 3 points. We need to move on.

Crying won't help you and praying won't do you no good !

Lots of Bears predicting 3 and 4-0 wins last night.
Did going top of the league give us a false sense of superiority?

Does this rub off on the team, who played like all they had to do was turn up to win, and were out worked, outfoxed and overall lethargic?

The lack of commitment, and the abscence of any imagination was as plain as the nose on your face.
Dinnae necessarily think there was a lack of commitment but definitely a absence of any imagination.

We were tired and lacked ideas. Missed Arfield's movement too. Ejaria slows everything to walking pace which is horrendous in situations like last night. Morelos was shit and the 2 centre halves had him sussed.

That's my take. One of those nights, we move on

Watching the highlights we had at least three cast iron chances to equalise, one of those goes in then I think we'd have gone on to win. We need to forget about it & keep going.

There are issues to sort out though. Flanagan shouldn't be playing, he's a weak link at LB. I'm also worried we're contractually obliged to play certain players when fit. Ejaria should be starting on the bench, he's not consistent enough

That was a concern of mine last night. The way we celebrated at the end of the Hearts game is great, but it has to be backed up in the very next game and complacency maybe did creep into us last night.
I was under no illusions that just because we went top, I did think it would've given us an adrenaline shot. I don't even think Stevie was expecting that performance,he seemed as miffed as we were. I don't think the team is good enough yet to become complacent,but we're not that far away.

Nope, the level of player we have isn't high enough to get consistently good performances, especially with some of our top players missing.

The attitude was fine, there was just an incredible lack of quality play throughout the team.

I saw nothing last night to suggest this team has the stomach for the fight. Top of the league they should have been frothing at the mouth in the tunnel just to get at aberdeen. It never happened and there can be no excuses for that.

The wee guy up front has been showing us all season how to tackle teams like the sheep but what about the rest of them. Nobody took on any responsibility to make things happen and when Morelos doesn't do it we look fkd. It was side to side, front to back cowardly almost, we got what we deserved out the match.

Bumps in the road is a polite way of saying we shat it and thats not the mark of any championship winning Rangers I've ever seen.

Back