Was delivering round to Rosneath today

Pvt. Hudson

21j6k5l.jpg

zivslj.jpg

I popped into the graveyard on my break where Moses McNeil is buried. Was a weird feeling standing at the grave of one of the founding members of our wonderful club. Wouldn’t want to be in there at nighttime, very eerie.

21j6k5l.jpg

zivslj.jpg

I popped into the graveyard on my break where Moses McNeil is buried. Was a weird feeling standing at the grave of one of the founding members of our wonderful club. Wouldn’t want to be in there at nighttime, very eerie.
You could have left flowers :p for such a great pioneer who helped change millions of people’s lives, I must also pay homage to him next time I’m at the caravan park.

Op get your 8 year old kid to post the photos the right way round will you .:D

Great work on the grave though.

Last edited:
I often wonder what it was like for Moses McNeil as he got older and watched how the club developed down through the decades. How must have it felt to have been one of those lads who founded the club and played at Fleshers Haugh in 1872 to then watching us decades later play in front of massive attendances at Ibrox and to see how the fortunes of the club he started went on to impact on the lives of so many people.

Moses was the last one of the family to pass on when he died in 1938, sadly there was no-one left to have his name etched on the stone.

Sandy Jardine before he was tragically taken told us that it was his intention to have a plaque placed for Moses at St.Modan's Churchyard.

We were delighted to have this done on Sandy's behalf in June of 2015.

Here's Moses in later years being visited by family at Rosneath.

10hm61l.jpg

A couple of years ago we made contact with the Great Grandchildren of Harry McNeil who was the older brother of Moses, Harry played in that first ever match v Callander.

Here's his Great Grandchildren Ann and Archie enjoying a day in the Directors Box at Ibrox in 2016 as guests of the Club.

It's Ann and Archie's parents who are in the picture with Moses.

292sboy.jpg

Moses was the last one of the family to pass on when he died in 1938, sadly there was no-one left to have his name etched on the stone.

Sandy Jardine before he was tragically taken told us that it was his intention to have a plaque placed for Moses at St.Modan's Churchyard.

We were delighted to have this done on Sandy's behalf in June of 2015.

Here's Moses in later years being visited by family at Rosneath.

10hm61l.jpg

A couple of years ago we made contact with the Great Grandchildren of Harry McNeil who was the older brother of Moses, Harry played in that first ever match v Callander.

Here's his Great Grandchildren Ann and Archie enjoying a day in the Directors Box at Ibrox in 2016 as guests of the Club.

It's Ann and Archie's parents who are in the picture with Moses.

292sboy.jpg
Fantastic post mate

Go on the Founders Trail during the Summer and I bet you’ll have a great time with them.
If you do take a pair of Wellys, I went to last years Rosneath tour great day out and into the Highland Games plenty of food stall but only one beer tent with no seating.

Back