Was it worth it?

NsKMaDBaDGer

We went throught absolute hell.

We trawled our way through the lower leagues.

We lost in the Ramsden Cup final...

We played in the Petrofac Cup!

We spent sleepless nights worrying about whether our club would ever get back to the top.

AND THEN

We appointed Steven Gerrard

We established a winning mentality across all levels of the club

We won 55 and essentially destroyed Septic (lets be honest, they are done as a club)

Was it worth it?

I’d rather not have went through those years, but there’s a very good chance we wouldn’t have ended up with this genuine European-level back room staff and iconic manager if that hadn’t have happened.

The work that Gerrard, Wilson, Beale, King, McAllister and all the rest have done is beyond comprehension for me.

No. We already had a team in place capable of winning 55 back in 2011, and if Murray hadn't fucked us financially then handed us over to a con artist, we'd most likely have already won it and several more over the last decade.

55 is one of the most special and important title victories in our history because of everything that's happened since 2012, but it doesn't make it all worth it. Nothing will.

It wasn't worth it no.

However, I genuinely believe it required something like that to drag us into the footballing 'present' with such a modern structure. If 2012 never happens it's not outlandish to think we'd have went back to Smith at somepoint, perhaps another PLG type appointment. Really hope the board are steadfast and maintain the DoF system permanently.

Look across the city. They're still miles from doing it properly - I still think they'll go big name experienced again before they'll overhaul everything. In Scotland the stakes are (or appear to be) so high it's just impossible to completely build from scratch when you're in a position of strength like they were.

Nothing is worth what Murray then whyte, green and other spivs inflicted on us but the recovery under the board and Gerrard and his team and the tim meltdown is simply wonderful

The hell of the last 10 years has made last season sweeter than it would otherwise have been, but unless we win 20 IAR & 3 CL’s then it still won’t have been worth it.

It wasn't worth it no.

However, I genuinely believe it required something like that to drag us into the footballing 'present' with such a modern structure. If 2012 never happens it's not outlandish to think we'd have went back to Smith at somepoint, perhaps another PLG type appointment. Really hope the board are steadfast and maintain the DoF system permanently.

Look across the city. They're still miles from doing it properly - I still think they'll go big name experienced again before they'll overhaul everything. In Scotland the stakes are (or appear to be) so high it's just impossible to completely build from scratch when you're in a position of strength like they were.
To answer the OP categorically wasn’t ”worth it”, but there is a lot of sense in this post.

What’s all the more remarkable about the complete transformation of the Club in the past 4 years or so (really from the appointment of Mark Allen and the DoF model done properly) is that it’s been done at such speed and with the pressure on. Not when we were playing in front of hedges, not before we signed charlatans like Black, Sandaza and Kyle. But whilst we’ve been finally fighting back at the top and the temptation to put every single penny into the first team squad must have been enormous. Fantastic clear-sightedness from the board and the people they’ve appointed.

We spent sleepless nights worrying about whether our club would ever get back to the top.

AND THEN

We won 55 and essentially destroyed Septic (lets be honest, they are done as a club)

Was it worth it?

No.

No.

It might have been worth it if what many hoped for had happened, which is the evolution / revolution of the club had started from day one in Division Three. Then, we may well have got to where we are now but three or four years ago.

Unfortunately, piss poor decisions were made on all levels from administration, team management and even supporter choices that held us back for too long.

We missed out on too much for too long.

Yes, it was.

It made us all appreciate the club more because we almost lost it.

When we were winning 3 in a row under Walter, we were struggling to sell out any game (including European games). We took our club for granted.

It’s been a horrendous 10 years to get back to the top but it’s revitalised us as a support and a club.

No but I feel they depths has made the fan base stronger, personally speaking anyway.

I can handle a defeat or disappointment better and bounce back quicker, knowing in the big picture it’s not as bad.

Absolutely fucking not. I'm not saying things would've easy fighting HMRC but I'd have rather done that and still had a title winning side than:
Sit and watch charlatan after charlatan rape our Club.
Nearly lose our stadium and training centre to Ashley.
Watch us get pumped out all the cups year on year.
Capitulate in the championship under Ally.
Watch Ally go through what he went through.
Get scudded off them for 2 years in the league and cups with some proper shite players raking in a fortune.
Have 2 years of a real rebuild.

No.We were systemically raped and they tried to destroy us completely all in the name of their version of "sporting integrity" but it is nice where we are now and enjoy what we can when we can and if that means every one of they other fckers going tits up then so be it.

Yes, it was.

It made us all appreciate the club more because we almost lost it.

When we were winning 3 in a row under Walter, we were struggling to sell out any game (including European games). We took our club for granted.

It’s been a horrendous 10 years to get back to the top but it’s revitalised us as a support and a club.
It really wasn’t worth it. Unless you enjoy embarrassments

No it wasn't worth it at all. I can honestly say what we as a club, and support had to endure was terrible and unjust. I'll never forgive the rest of Scottish football for what they put us through. My dislike for the rest and in particular one club turned to pure hatred over that 10 year period. My attitude towards the SFA and the Scottish national team changed significantly and not for the better. I can say that what happened scarred me for the rest of my life football wise. The good thing is I don't pick at the scar and make it bleed anymore but there will always be a mark. The positives I can take is that I feel the 3 bears cleansed my club and we made new friends on our journey back. As for the rest, well they can go %^*& themselves. If clubs die and fall by the wayside, tough shit the b@stard in me will smile. Rangers now, Rangers always, Rangers forever.

Last edited:
As has been said already the lows were incredibly low which makes the highs even better but even these highs don’t make up for what we as a fan base and a club have had to endure for a decade.

We are Rangers, we shouldn’t have been in a position where we were holding trials for players, the indignity of attempts to strip us of titles and our very life blood and the oh so many other thing that we were put through

For me nothing was worth that, but should we enjoy every minute of where we are now absofuckingloutely

AND THEN

Was it worth it?
Old Chinese Scottish proverb said it for 10 years "what goes round comes round ," kept saying it to a few ceptic mates I had "naw were miles ahead yer phucked" OH YEAH!

No.

The whole club was an absolute shambles from top to bottom. To say it was a nightmare, is an understatement.

It really wasn’t worth it. Unless you enjoy embarrassments

I remember watching Walters 3 in a row team play in front of 40k every other week. Nowadays though? You can barely get a ticket for a friendly.

I think everything that happened reenergised the support and made reevaluate our love of Rangers.

I'm not sure OP. We definitely as a support appreciate the title because it took so long to get back there.

No. We already had a team in place capable of winning 55 back in 2011, and if Murray hadn't fucked us financially then handed us over to a con artist, we'd most likely have already won it and several more over the last decade.

55 is one of the most special and important title victories in our history because of everything that's happened since 2012, but it doesn't make it all worth it. Nothing will.
This.

No there were times I was sitting at Ibrox absolutely ill with anger at what we where producing on the field and worried we'd never sort it out

I remember watching Walters 3 in a row team play in front of 40k every other week. Nowadays though? You can barely get a ticket for a friendly.

I think everything that happened reenergised the support and made reevaluate our love of Rangers.
I’m not denying that mate Infact if I remember correctly Man United never even sold out. I’ve just blocked out those lower leagues haha

You have to endure lows in life to appreciate its good times.But I’d rather we had never went through the utter shit storm we encountered.

Nope, how many bears passed away while we were owned by crooks.

They were robbed of a strong Rangers and passed never knowing if we ever recovered.

Only had 2 asks of my lifespan. One is to live long enough the kids have all finished school and the other was to see the famous restored.

1 down 1 to go to die happy.

I have so say OP, it was a horrific experience which caused a great deal of sadness and stress.

In my view, we have the manager and management team a club like ours deserve and, more importantly, we are back where we belong!!

It wasn’t worth it, but it’s certainly highly enjoyable just now

Back