Was Michael Beale the real architect of 55?

Not a suggestion for our chair atm but I wonder if Billy Reid will fancy going it solo as manager again after being Potters assistant for many years, he will have a fair say on all things football when at Brighton now Chelsea.

if he’s getting the credit for 55 then he can take the criticism for Malmo, 2 years of league failure, St Mirren, Aberdeen amongst the cup horrors as well

Gerrard sold Rangers to players at a time when we needed it. Beale is an excellent coach, they made a good team. If Beale is able to express himself and impose his personality onto a team the way Gerrard could, then he'll be a successful manager.

It's true but sadly between the PL and Championship I wouldn't be surprised i

May!!

They've had a decent start but they'll be doing well to still be in a playoff position come May, even then that doesn't guarantee anything. I like Beale but he doesn't have the credentials to manage a club the since of ours. The man himself knows this. In the future who knows but it's far far too early.

They've had a decent start but they'll be doing well to still be in a playoff position come May, even then that doesn't guarantee anything. I like Beale but he doesn't have the credentials to manage a club the since of ours. The man himself knows this. In the future who knows but it's far far too early.
I don't completely disagree but it is staggering how many inexperienced young managers are progressing through the ranks quickly so I suppose you never know what he is offered in the nearish future. Gio I think is owed this title race, I hope to %^*& we win and he is successful if not we should act quickly as in January if we are significantly trailing and Beale wouldn't upset me.

I think some give him too much credit. He’s away , move on. Contributed to 55 in a positive way. thank you

Saw a recent interview he did with QPR fans TV. He made a couple of interesting comments. First that he loved being the main man as the problem being number 2 was you had to "sell your ideas to the manager" and they sometimes did not get implemented. Which was a frustration. Wonder if this refers to his relationship with Gerrard here. Secondly said he didn't agree taking the players away to warm countries during the winter break as they then had to acclimatize back to wind, cold, rain and it was harder to hit the ground running after the break.
"Secondly said he didn't agree taking the players away to warm countries during the winter break as they then had to acclimatize back to wind, cold, rain and it was harder to hit the ground running after the break."

I must say I like this approach, I would be hugely in favour of taking the cùnts up to Iceland or Norway during the winter break if they don't give 110% in every game between now and then! :))

He certainly played a big part. However, we are speculating. He wouldn’t have had the pulling power of Gerrard for players like Goldson, Kent, and Aribo

There were numerous occasions we looked flat, devoid of ideas and unfit too, particularly during our two post-Christmas collapses.

If people see him as the architect of the good things, then we can’t dismiss the failings too.

People seem to forget that Covid pretty much saved Gerrard & Co their jobs after yet another monumental New Year collapse.

It’s unfair to put it all down to Beale. They made a good team. Gerrard clearly had the players motivated and wanting to play for him.

Nah I’m not having that FFS!!! We went the season unbeaten. I’ve read some amount of pish on here lately but this is definitely one of the worst things I’ve ever read - absolute eye aids!!
Got QPR riding high in the championship and Stevie G looking lost without him..
Maybe Aston Villa are just shite like they have been for 40 years.

They were a team and a very successor management team.
Once Mick gets back up the road to the real Rangers then he can become his own man.

If we had taken that same approach when we recruited Gerrard back in 2018 there would have been no 55 to talk about.

Micheal Beale hardly comes with the gravitas or global recognition that Gerrard did, it’s not even close to being comparable.

If we had appointed Beale as manager instead of Gerrard what would your thoughts have been then?

Warburton had QPR riding high in the championship.
The obsession with Beale for some on here is silly.
Get them up and keep them up on a tight budget, playing decent football then he could be considered. Even Beale would know he’s a long way short in his career in being considered for our job

Get them up and keep them up on a tight budget, playing decent football then he could be considered. Even Beale would know he’s a long way short in his career in being considered for our job
Rangers is far too big a name for Beale.
This isnt 10 years ago.
We need a name that can attract players to this backwater.
I remember when Souness left, most fans wanted a bigger name than Walter.

Michael Beale was unquestionably a vital part of the coaching team. He is now carrying on his great work at QPR and wish him well. Will we see him back one day, only time will tell.

Beale should not be near the Rangers manager's job until he sees a minimum of three years of sustained success.
This 100%.

Also, I highly doubt guys like Joe Aribo would’ve come up here and signed without the allure of Gerrards name, same with Goldson. Both have said he was instrumental in them making the move north.

I think Beale helps tactically I like him a lot but 55 was a team effort.

No. Team effort. Anyone thinking he was in some way solely responsible is way off the mark.
It seems there are still Rangers fans feeling so butt hurt over SG’s departure, that they are willing for him to fail, whilst clinging on to the fake news that MB was the mastermind, and subsequently willing him to be a success. It’s actually really bizarre.

Personally i wish them both well, and i’m forever grateful for everything they did for Rangers.

Back