Was S G's substitutions today made with Thursday in mind?

loyalblueman

I just cannot fathom his subs today.

I just cannot fathom the team performance today either.

We were just awful.

No excuses, but I do think he had Thursday ahead of today, and has prioritised EL progress ahead of league success.

I do hope not , and despair of thinking about our team in Austria, based on our current form.

Kent, Grezda and Candeias shouldnt be played at the same time again, They nullify each others space

I know Rossiter hasn't played much but I was really surprised to see Jack stay on, particularly on a yellow and more than likely getting a second if he made one more foul.

Was Kent injured? For me, he is exactly the type of player you'd want up against 10 men.

Also, Ejaria must be unplayable in training to continue to get a run out. Offers absolutely nothing in this form.

They better not have been. Domestic success is far more important the a run in Europe.

Today was a great chance to keep a bit of pressure on the mhob above us, a d for the second time this week, we've absolutely blown it.

I found Rossiter's substitution baffling, he was the one player on the park who looked capable of making a decent forward pass.

Ejaria, I thought he could make a difference based on early season form and his ability to hold onto the ball. But that is not how he has been playing recently, so why bring him on? Maybe as we didn't have any forwards. What would have happened if Lafferty had got injured? Puzzled why someone like Dallas was not on the bench.

I made a thread about it last week.

People are losing their shit about the team rotation, but Vienna will be out 16th European game of the season - that’s almost half a league season.

We’ve exceeded expectation in Europe and it’s definitely stretched the squad.

We've been overlooking the domestic games right before the Europa League games since the start of the group stages.

The substitutions continue to baffle me. Not just today’s but in general.

Constant tinkering is destroying the confidence of the players.

Back