Wasps, is there less of them this year?

I got stung a couple of days ago with one. It was the first time since I was a pup. Don't remember it being that sore when I was young. Kunts.

In the beer garden in The Louden at the start of last season, one of the buggers stung me on the ear lobe, was throbbin' for the next couple of days. They are just like Tims, hanging about the bins, hate them.

Disturbed a nest in a compost heap a couple of weeks ago got stung to to hell not suprised to hear it's only female wasps that sting been getting stung by females for years

Yip hardly seen any bees or wasps this year.
On the other hand don't think I have seen a snail in about 40 years, over the past few weeks seen about 6.

Yeah hardly seen any Wasps but I've a Bee friendly garden so get lots of Bees in the Garden and as the post above has said getting lots of Snails in the Garden as well

Always detested the little sods but we just had a large nest destroyed at work and when the pest control man was telling me what happens I almost felt sorry for them.

The spray he used kills the queen in about 20 minutes and she sends a distress signal out. I was watching about 100 of her 'young team' going tonto around the nest. He said some will go in to try and help but did themselves and once the queen is dead the rest will commit suicide. Serves them right to be fair.

First year for a while I havnt had to destroy a nest either in my hut , garage or under the house. Used various methods, poking with a stick, squirting with bleach, spraying with wd40 . Last year played the long game. A nest that was out of reach under the house so I used chemical warfare. Sodium tetraborate aka borax sprinkled at the areas where the wee bassas entered. They pick up the chemical on their feet and wings that take it deep into the nest. The queen is infected and dies as does others in the nest.

Tons of the little fuckers this year.

They especially love to dive bomb when the food is served outside.

Don't think I've seen any this year. My son and wife are terrified of them and I don't recall them freaking at any point either.

We had a whack of them about March them they just seemed to disappear. Which his good since the little shits have tortured us for years previous - I didn't used to bother with them until the lived in our attic for 4 years. Apparently they do occupy the same bike after the first time - yeah, these f**kers turned it into a fort.

These little fuckers do a job keeping the crop eating pests down................

However, they are absolutely vital to our planet’s health. It is after all, the little things that make the world go round. You could remove humans, elephants or tigers from the face of the Earth, and our ecosystems would carry on regardless. However, a world without wasps would be beset by plagues of biblical proportions. We’d have far more to worry about than the odd sting at a picnic.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2748653/Why-learn-love-WASPS-They-ve-vanished-summer-But-s-shouldn-t-celebrate-writes-STEVE-BACKSHALL.html#ixzz4s9HTDigT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Only had one to deal with in the house this summer, although there was two mornings last week that there was one in the train carriage, thank feck it never came near me! :eek:

Normally the wee bastards are out stinging folk for fun at this time of year, but I've seen very few all "summer". Is this the upside of all the rain we've had that they've not been able to get out and have their stingathon and are waiting for the first day of sunshine before making up for lost time?
Good point OP. Hardly seen a wasp all summer. Not seen many bees either, which is a concern.

Monsanto's deadly crop sprays will see these little bastards off.

Unfortunately they will wipe out the wonderful bees too.

Can't even think if I've seen one. Was in Corfu last week, place is infested with them. Ended up drinking water at meals through the day as it just wasn't worth the hassle getting anything that would attract them. Can smell orange juice for miles.

I think it's down to the constant rain but I did have one in my living room the other day but I've not seen many this summer.

Normally the wee bastards are out stinging folk for fun at this time of year, but I've seen very few all "summer". Is this the upside of all the rain we've had that they've not been able to get out and have their stingathon and are waiting for the first day of sunshine before making up for lost time?

Yip, wet weather has kept them indoors. Not feeding or breeding as normal

Can't recall seeing a single wasp, wish could say same about they smelly green & gray feelers

I work outdoors and was just on about this the other day, hardly seen any this year. mentally challengeds of the Insect world.

They wear stupid striped jerseys, hang about bins, pester the living shite out of you and may attack unprovoked.

Definitely the mentally challenged of the insect world.

Heard wasps can't handle the bevy either.

Back