Watch this space’ Aston Villa boss on transfer move for Rangers star Morelos

He plays in Scotland, everyone views our league like it’s farmers. Who will go and buy him that’s bigger than villa? I think he’ll go right to the top but needs a stepping stone between that - like going to villa - then moving to a big team
Do you reckon Lyon see it this way?

Who does fall into that category?
Premiership club, paying 3 times or more than us.
Biggest midlands club by a mile.
I think thats not bad a actually.

They might be the biggest club in the Midlands mate, but they only averaged 28k in gaining promotion last season.

As for wages, well better clubs than Villa will treble his wages.

He'll join better than a team who'll be fighting for survival and no guarantee of staying up mate.

paper pish talk would be mad to go before 55 and run in Europe, to replace him in January is utter madness.
keep the boy scoring and he can write his own check when he does depart I think he's enjoying playing with JD learning maybe he doesn't want to go soon.

Villa would be a great move for him.

Solid fanbase, decent history and billionaire owners who are happy to pump money into the club.

They'll easily establish themselves as a force in the league should they manage to stay up this year.
Is this not all a bit of a contradiction?
Are the billionaire owners not investing to make sure they stay up?

Dave King has put everything into winning this title, can you honestly see him throwing it all away by sanctioning a January sale of our best player? Alfie will want to see it out too I think, to beat JD to top goal scorer If nothing else.
Just paper filling -they ran the same shit with Edouard earlier in the week - that ain’t happening either. It’s basically why newspapers are a dying industry.

Reactions: ald
Was there not a story that when Alfie signed his new contract there were rumours of a but out clause if someone meets that in a January then we may not be able to say no.

Last edited:
Up here there are some in the media and the tabloids that are desperate for Morelos to leave Scottish football for the least amount of money as possible. I wonder why

Not much chance of silverware going there, thats for sure. All depends what he wants out of his career. I'm confident SG will advise him well.

Is this not all a bit of a contradiction?
Are the billionaire owners not investing to make sure they stay up?

Coming straight up from the Championship is always a transitional season that could go either way. They need to solidify their position this year and then spend big in the summer to reach the next level.

They spent close to 150 million in the summer.

They might be the biggest club in the Midlands mate, but they only averaged 28k in gaining promotion last season.

As for wages, well better clubs than Villa will treble his wages.

He'll join better than a team who'll be fighting for survival and no guarantee of staying up mate.
I think villa once their settled will stay up each season.
As for attendances, does it matter.
Whats monaco s weekly attendance.

I think villa once their settled will stay up each season.
As for attendances, does it matter.
Whats monaco s weekly attendance.

There's absolutely no guarantee Villa will stay up this season though mate, as they're definitely one of the poorer teams in the league.

The only reason I mentioned attendances were because you made the point about Villa being by far the biggest club in the Midlands, which I agree with.

However, they're a far smaller club than us.

When Alfredo leaves, probably in the summer, I believe he'll go to a better quality team than Villa.

It’ll put us in a very difficult position come January if we are still in the hunt for the league, which we will be. There will be a lot of upset bears if we sell him and just fail to win the league. Tough decision for those running the club.

Forest won it twice mate and I'm pretty sure both Wolves and Birmingham made the final of a European trophy too.

Don't think you can measure it that way.
Forest won it twice mate and I'm pretty sure both Wolves and Birmingham made the final of a European trophy too.

Don't think you can measure it that way.
Just checked the stats villa - 22 major trophies, nearest is wolves on 13.
Ave attendances has villa 10k more than the nearest.( recent figures)
Plus a worldwide fan base from Birmingham, which i take it is a lot bigger than wolverhampton

Just checked the stats villa - 22 major trophies, nearest is wolves on 13.
Ave attendances has villa 10k more than the nearest.( recent figures)
Plus a worldwide fan base from Birmingham, which i take it is a lot bigger than wolverhampton

I'm not arguing about who the biggest club in the Midlands is mate.

I'd agree it's Villa, but they're nowhere near our size.

You made the point about Villa winning a European trophy and I was only giving you the other surrounding team's European records.

We both know they didn’t but the calibre of clubs scouting him was a lot higher than Aston Villa..
That could mean the scouted him and deemed him not good enough. All we know is no big club has bid for him.
I think he is invaluable to us but our support sees him with blue tinted glasses on. Any move to the premiership is a good move compared to scottish football

I'm not arguing about who the biggest club in the Midlands is mate.

I'd agree it's Villa, but they're nowhere near our size.

You made the point about Villa winning a European trophy and I was only giving you the other surrounding team's European records.
No bother.
It was the other one that said villa are the size of derby, wolves., which is nonsense.
Who cares what size you are, its whats on the wage slip each month that counts.

That could mean the scouted him and deemed him not good enough. All we know is no big club has bid for him.
I think he is invaluable to us but our support sees him with blue tinted glasses on. Any move to the premiership is a good move compared to scottish football

It is the biggest league in the world(as far as exposure and money goes anyway)
It will be a team like palace or villa etc that will meet our valuation for him. Are we a bigger club than these teams?
Obviously we are but you are right that it will not be about moving to a bigger club but a bigger league.

If he carries on banging them in down there than he will be picked up by one of the big boys,he is young enough to take that kind of step and still have bigger aspirations long term.

Hopefully we keep him until the summer as it would be hard to replace him in January with a replacement needing to hit the ground running if we are to maintain our challenge for 55

We sell him in January and we can forget about the title.

We surely must have a contingency plan in place, failure not to is unacceptable.

It is not rocket science that Morelos would be moved on as soon as the club recieved an acceptable bid. We might not want to sell in January but I have a feeling that Alfie, despite enjoying his time at Ibrox, would jump at the chance to play in EPL - deny him that and he might down tools.

My heart is saying Alfredo isn't just here to win the title, but ALSO for a crack at the Champions League. Only unless a current Champions League team comes in for him.

As an aside... £20 million is derisory.

Aston Villa come up with the goods and Morelos will be off. Unless they have a disaster and come January look like relegation certs.

Wilson, Scoulding and co have a big job on their hands finding an ideal replacement.

No. Not at all. Wolves Derby and Villa all on the same plane.
Whereabouts in England are you?
I live in England (Sutton Coldfield). Villa , as much as I hate them, are the biggest Midlands club by a mile. They draw support from all over the region and middle England(Sutton, Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, the black country, Worcester etc.)

Villa looking for a striker, Morelos is a striker in form. 2 + 2 doesn’t necessarily make 4 in this instance.

However if Alfie maintains his current form these stories will be a daily occurrence

Like it or not, we wont be rejecting a £20M bid for any of our players.
Why not mate? I know we’re not in the strongest position financially but Morelos is now a Colombia international, has bags of potential and is in great form. Also he’s a different option to what most teams have down south.

I don’t think I’d be settling for £20M in January with the money going around down there and us competing for the title.

Why not mate? I know we’re not in the strongest position financially but Morelos is now a Colombia international, has bags of potential and is in great form. Also he’s a different option to what most teams have down south.

I don’t think I’d be settling for £20M in January with the money going around down there and us competing for the title.

Just my opinion, I don't think we would reject £20M for any of our players.

Everyone has their price.

£20m doesn’t cut it any more, especially when we’re talking about the buyers being EPL sides. In fact I’d be bitterly disappointed if we accepted that figure for him now.

He’s only gotten better since that initial £20m valuation Robertson noted, and his discipline has improved ten fold too, when dealing with EPL sides we should be trying to push it above the £25m mark now.

He will go to the team that offer us what we want and what Alfredo wants for a contract, if that's villa so be it but do not believe this is the 80s or 90s and any player that leaves us will only go to a glory club. Players want to make money don't believe we live in a world where trophies matter anymore.
While I would wish the wee man the best if he leaves under the right conditions, very few players have left Rangers to do better things. Gio, Rino and Arteta are the among the few I can think of. Laudrup didn't do well at Chelsea. Even DJ and Jim Baxter didn't cut it.

He played for Aston Villa 12 year ago.

Times change.

Yeh villa can now offer double or treble what we can.

He's not going to walk straight into a top club from us, Scotland is still seen as a backwater and he isn't a regular for columbia yet so they are still buying on potential not finished product, Grealish and, mcGinn are in a similar boat however they have the advantage of playing in the epl everyweek and could get the next step move from villa, Alfredo has to make the middle step first.

Back