Watched the game again this morning

two2tango

Official Ticketer
By god we messed that up yesterday.

we missed several great chances

we defended like school boys

we let the referees and linesman have able to influence the game

by my count they got 8 major decisions wrong bookings red cards offsides handballs penalties

it was as bad as the piggery in terms of corruption

by my count they got 8 major decisions wrong bookings red cards offsides handballs penalties

Our captain just doesn't make his presence felt in these situations imo.

He doesn't get in the face of the ref, and ask for clarifications on these absolutely shocking decisions, before anyone says he'd get booked.
The captain is allowed to approach the referee with genuine points of debate.

(Not another Tav bashing post before the twisted knicker posters jump in).

He doesn't get in the face of the ref, and ask for clarifications on these absolutely shocking decisions, before anyone says he'd get booked.

He would get booked for complaining it’s a no win situation

So did we play well?I only ask as I had a debate with a mate yesterday after the game finished he said we played really well apart from the result.

Agreed. Certainly not bashing Tav but can you imagine Barry Ferguson taking that refereeing performance quietly?

It was a repeat of many games from last year.

We dominate, get ahead, miss chance after chance but then get relaxed and complacent as we’re on top. Then the opposing teams scores from one of their very few chances. At the same time we don’t get the rub of the green with refereeing decisions.

Hibs had 4 chances and scored 2, we had maybe 7 good chances and scored 2. We need to be more clinical. It cost us last season and it will again this season.

Hibs had a great chance with the goal mouth scramble and McLaughlin pulled off a fantastic save in the first half.

Yesterday could have been worse.

In what way did we let referees influence the game?

had they done their job, we would be 2 points better off.....
We don't make the refs life difficult when they make a bad decision.

Take the offside goal they scored - we should;ve surrounded the ref over that one instead of just throwing a hand in the air and going " ah well, 2-2"

The attack on Kent from behind that the ref ignored - why not surround the ref and complain?

The two elbows in the face first half - again, we should be more vocal.

Post match we need to be more vocal too. Send Beale out to trash the refs and let him take the 2 game ban.

Sadly we just roll over and let the officials be as corrupt as they want.

We made a complete arse of it. Every player in our team is better than their hibs equivalent but so many players did not perform that it turned into a 50/50 game.

The pitch was perfect, weather perfect for football and no hostile crowd to fire up the Hibs players so no excuses.

We missed clear cut chances and defended like amateurs

Last edited:

I don't know if you actually watched the game but at one point Tav was over having a go at the ref and was ushered away by Davis. There's no point in him going OTT and getting a needless booking.

Felt the same after watching the highlights again. Sheer frustration because we’ve seen it happen again and again.

I get the point that the refs are shite/corrupt but if Arfield finishes that chance it’s game over regardless of officials being involved. Same with Borna not putting the boy up in the air for the first cross

Take the offside goal they scored - we should;ve surrounded the ref over that one instead of just throwing a hand in the air and going " ah well, 2-2"

The attack on Kent from behind that the ref ignored - why not surround the ref and complain?

Post match we need to be more vocal too. Send Beale out to trash the refs and let him take the 2 game ban.

I'm starting to struggle to get worked up it because of this to be honest. If none of the players seem to give a toss when we're getting kicked all over the pitch, why should the fans?
Doesn't change the decison, but it clearly raises questions in the referees mind the next time he's got a call to make.

Agreed. Certainly not bashing Tav but can you imagine Barry Ferguson taking that refereeing performance quietly?

Agree. Can anyone actually recall the last time they saw any of these players bawling or screaming at their own teammates, opposition players or officials ?

Much like the last 2 seasons, our inability to take our chances and general decision making in the last 3rd cost us.

Our over reliance on Morelos to pull us out a hole is still evident. Even looking at the Kent shot, if he lifts his head and slips Morelos in I think we go 3-1 infront

The defending is absolutely abysmal though and if we’re being honest, we were holding on for a draw for a 10 min spell

The missed chances were terrible but the defending worries me the most. We should not need to have to score 3 to get an away win.

That hibs 2nd goal is criminal from our point of view. So cheap and at a time not long after taking the lead for the first time in the game with just over half an hour to go. Pragmatism is everything in situations like that, especially at difficult away grounds.

Yes a 3rd goal would have been very welcome to kill the game but that should really be to guard against getting undone by a good bit of skill from the opposition or a piece of luck. Not to allow us to win a game in which we needlessly concede garbage goals by our own doing.

look at the Morelos booking
the defender clearly moves to block him
Alfredo hardly ran charging at the ref & screaming in his face - booked

in a game within the last year, Brown gets booked for a typical cowardly assault, tells the ref to %^*& off and not even an eyelid was batted

its a different standard we are being reffed to

was our finising poor yesterday - undoubtably
but that should have only seen us win 2-1 rather than 6-1
an utterly shambolic officiating performace cost us & there is no other conclusion than its cheating & corruption
the elbows were seen, the offside was seen

I think after such a good start to the season, throwing away two points in that manner made it feel worse than it possibly was. Defence has been largely untested other than few very decent saves from JM. Too many times last season we'd concede goals as a result of l our mistakes rather than being outplayed - the clearance from Goldson was just another example of this.

The officiating is incredibly poor but we had the chances to win the game comfortably. Morelos header and Arfield double effort.

One thing I did find frustrating is the fact we never targeted Porteous or Hanlon in the second half. Both on a booking and we had a huge amount of possession but didn't capitalise on that.

Also, why bring Itten on with 5 minutes to go?

I agree Tav is a pussy of a captain
Oh for a Captain Cutlass, John Grieg, or Richard Gough just now

look at the Morelos booking
the defender clearly moves to block him
Alfredo hardly ran charging at the ref & screaming in his face - booked

in a game within the last year, Brown gets booked for a typical cowardly assault, tells the ref to %^*& off and not even an eyelid was batted

its a different standard we are being reffed to

I just came on to post about this, having just watched it over again.

An absolutely shocking piece of bias against Morelos.

I simply cannot see how the ref could defend his actions there.

Of course, that would require somebody from the Club asking the question.

I agree Tav is a pussy of a captain
Oh for a Captain Cutlass, John Grieg, or Richard Gough just now

Today alone you have labelled Tav a pussy, the board pussies and mentioned we wont see roofe until valentine's day, suspicious.

Hibs had a great chance with the goal mouth scramble and McLaughlin pulled off a fantastic save in the first half.

Yesterday could have been worse.

They should have scored then. However we should have scored another three so we really should have one the game.

Of course it is.

But again I'm sure you know more than our manager what qualities are required to Captain a massive football club.

Let me summarise here: When you are not playing well you often have to grind out results and win by the odd goal. When you have the officials making "blunders" like yesterday this does not (cannot) happen. Fair officiating would have seen at least one Red to our opponents and a 2-1 win.

Connor Goldson again is to blame. We were going to score a 3rd before he thinks he’s a top player again & try’s a flick a ball around a corner instead of just defending properly.

He will play every week though so it’s a question if we they will drop as many points as Goldson does for us. Gerrard definitely has the dips on when he’s looking at our Number 6 “Defending” over the last few seasons.

But surely of those eight major decisions they got wrong, four went in our favour?

I mean that's what happens when the officials are just poor at their job like I keep reading on here.

Bollocks! the game here is fucked and needs cleansed from top to bottom.
That would almost be acceptable, but when they all go against one team, something is wrong.

We started at walking pace, and when Alfie missed that early free header it was always going to be a long afternoon. We made it easy for both Hibs and the cheating ref and officials. Score early, and score often. Its the only way we have a chance of the title this season.

Hope the players are watching it too.
They need to learn very quickly or will be playing at a different club or for a new manager.

How do you suppose we go about stopping the officials influencing the game during the match?

Morelos booking shows exactly what happens to Rangers players who dare question ridiculous decisions.

by not taking our chances and defending like 5 years olds we allowed the corrupt officials to be in a position where they can influence the game mate

we need to be two goals better than any team we face
What has an clearly offside goal.got to do with defending like 5 year olds if the lines man had made the correct call then we would have won .also we have went 7 games with out conceding a goal till yesterday so I would hardly say that we normally defend like 5 year olds.

It's like we get into possession football mode and forget the full aim of the game is to put the ball between the sticks.
To be fair and balanced, I suppose, between Morelos, Kent and Arfield we missed three total nailed on sitters (IMO) that, converted, would have left Hibs on the end of a 2-5 hiding. So it wasn’t so much the play up to the final third, as it was execution - which has been a problem for a while now.

To be fair and balanced, I suppose, between Morelos, Kent and Arfield we missed three total nailed on sitters (IMO) that, converted, would have left Hibs on the end of a 2-5 hiding. So it wasn’t so much the play up to the final third, as it was execution - which has been a problem for a while now.
Our conversation to chances rate is poor and has been for a while.

Back