Watched the game again this morning

Morelos booking shows exactly what happens to Rangers players who dare question ridiculous decisions.

Alfredo is no yardstick to be used for anything questionable in Scottish football, he is the most hated man in the country and is treated with contempt for daring to draw air, outside of our club and support.

Especially by mentally challenged owned scum officials.

By god we messed that up yesterday.

we missed several great chances

we defended like school boys

we let the referees and linesman have able to influence the game

by my count they got 8 major decisions wrong bookings red cards offsides handballs penalties

it was as bad as the piggery in terms of corruption
Don’t think I could manage watching that back without becoming irate!

Our intensity from the start has to be really high - if we do that we should beat most teams.
The other thing that’s happening more often is facing a back 3 with The wing backs designed to stop Tav and Borna - and they weren’t as influential yesterday.
Celtic will probably play this way as well and we need to be ready to get through teams when they don’t have the same space out wide.

The second goal is horrific, how Helander gets ragdolled from that position I cannot get my head around. Its was such a weak attempt it reminded me of another Swedish defend we suffered with.

People had concerns over our lack of ruthlessness a few weeks ago. They were labelled panty wetters.

We've played four league games away from home and dropped points in half of them.

Our lack of clinical finishing is a real issue, even more so when we defend like a pub side.
The one cast iron recipe for failure in football is offering up cheap chances while you fail to take yours.

It's hard to evaluate because the refs absolutely did get the big calls wrong, and our second half performance was good enough to win the game if they do their job, but...

Some of the individual performances outside of referees etc were really, really poor. I've watched it back as well and I thought maybe I was being a bit harsh at the time, but nope, the passing was just as slack and lazy as I remember. Kamara and Davis were just as glacial and ponderous on the ball, before deciding to go side-ways after all. Goldson actually had an alright game apart from a 15 minute spell, but it just so happened that spell was also absolutely shite and cost us dearly, and could have been worse. The general hunger and desire was missing for large parts of the game and, going back the referees, I continue to be immensely frustrated at how little we pressure them and contest even blatant decisions.

All of which is down to us. We should have been good enough in spite of it, and the referee cost us the points ultimately, but those are the things we can and should be controlling.

The second goal is horrific, how Helander gets ragdolled from that position I cannot get my head around. Its was such a weak attempt it reminded me of another Swedish defend we suffered with.
Helander has been great in recent weeks, but I have my doubts that Balogun would have had as hard a time physically against their forwards. Balogun against Motherwell for me.

Connor Goldson again is to blame. We were going to score a 3rd before he thinks he’s a top player again & try’s a flick a ball around a corner instead of just defending properly.

He will play every week though so it’s a question if we they will drop as many points as Goldson does for us. Gerrard definitely has the dips on when he’s looking at our Number 6 “Defending” over the last few seasons.
He is one of our best defenders without doubt but you are spot on Gerrard can not see past him. Again another parallel this season neither Tav or Goldson rested even when we have the personnel and opportunity to do so. Is it fatigue or guarantee of not to be dropped that makes these guys not worry about clangers or just a lack of desire and hunger due to not having to fight and justify your spot?

Our captain just doesn't make his presence felt in these situations imo.

He doesn't get in the face of the ref, and ask for clarifications on these absolutely shocking decisions, before anyone says he'd get booked.
The captain is allowed to approach the referee with genuine points of debate.

(Not another Tav bashing post before the twisted knicker posters jump in).

That’s a trait of the whole team. Imagine you floor a scum player with an elbow or offside goals are scored? That mob are all over the ref. We don’t put pressure on officials or opposing players on a yellow nearly enough. I don’t know if they are told not to or if they don’t know how to.

People had concerns over our lack of ruthlessness a few weeks ago. They were labelled panty wetters.

We've played four league games away from home and dropped points in half of them.

Our lack of clinical finishing is a real issue, even more so when we defend like a pub side.
Agreed bud. Hardly pany wetting

2 draws in 4 leagues is the sign of things to come. Nothing has changed

balogun doesn’t lose that header simple as that

I said he is the better player stronger in the air has more pace better with the ball no brainier imo in this league where the only thing most teams have is long ball tactics

The first goal was a howler. Boyle took a heavy touch but Barisic backed off when if he was alert he would have at the very least got a tackle in and worse ways its a corner.

clear our fucking lines When we get in front instead of trying wee flick passes 30 yards from our goal

finish teams off

the club aren’t going to take these refs on

None of that stop a linesman missing an obvious offside though. Or the ref allowing elbows and studs up challenges.

Felt the same after watching the highlights again. Sheer frustration because we’ve seen it happen again and again.

I get the point that the refs are shite/corrupt but if Arfield finishes that chance it’s game over regardless of officials being involved. Same with Borna not putting the boy up in the air for the first cross
I get that we should have finished those chances but its getting to the stage we would need to have the perfect season from every player in every game.

Some games will be scrappy some good football we are not being allowed to scrape games through due to cheating refs

Every other side gets bad decisions for and against we just get them against us

That’s a trait of the whole team. Imagine you floor a scum player with an elbow or offside goals are scored? That mob are all over the ref. We don’t put pressure on officials or opposing players on a yellow nearly enough. I don’t know if they are told not to or if they don’t know how to.

Exactly, if we were clever we'd rotate who is on the ref in these situations.
Furthermore the club need to back it up further, that too often we are getting the shit deal.

I read the other day that Rangers haven't had a penalty in over 300 days in the league.

It's rotten.

We don't make the refs life difficult when they make a bad decision.

Take the offside goal they scored - we should;ve surrounded the ref over that one instead of just throwing a hand in the air and going " ah well, 2-2"

The attack on Kent from behind that the ref ignored - why not surround the ref and complain?

The two elbows in the face first half - again, we should be more vocal.

Post match we need to be more vocal too. Send Beale out to trash the refs and let him take the 2 game ban.

Sadly we just roll over and let the officials be as corrupt as they want.

I'm sick of it as was said on another thread its groundhog day and the ops right if the refs are incompetent then the decisions work out 50/50 and they clearly aren't, so they are corrupt cheats.

Also our players taking any bad decisions or bad tackles against us, do they train all week, work on tactics and formations, eat and live as professional to try and win every game only to be fckd over week in week out.

As for us fans who invest our lives emotions and moods based on the result of a game, not withstanding what we also invest in time and money, same again only to.be cheated game after game.

The person best placed to talk about it is Gerrard on pre and post match interviews, also he's a high profile so he would be listened to by a wider audience than the so called corrupt journalists here, he should be fighting our corner every time and stating the obvious and let them ban him for it, TBH I would rather he was sitting in the stand and we were getting referred fairly because he doesn't seem to offer much on the touchline anyway.

I can't understand why he's so passive about it as at this rate is going to cost him his job and reputation.

What we should do is employ our own impartial referee to view all the incidents in SPFL and wheel him or her out in front of the press before Gerrard so they have to listen and report on what's being said, also put it on club website and take the fckers on.

Fair play OP. I just can’t watch games back that I have already seen when we win, let alone drop points.

We should definitely be trying the put games to bed, but we all know every game was not be like that, during the course of a season there will be games we don't play our best but grind out a result, yesterday was one of those examples. We were 2-1 up, were we at our best no, did ridiculous officiating cost us an extra 2 points, imo yes.

Im sure if we had won 2-1 and that goal was rightly chopped off most of us while still not happy would say that grinding out a result at tough away game is the mark of champions, but we are left to pick up the pieces of ridiculous officiating once again.

We don't make the refs life difficult when they make a bad decision.

Take the offside goal they scored - we should;ve surrounded the ref over that one instead of just throwing a hand in the air and going " ah well, 2-2"

The attack on Kent from behind that the ref ignored - why not surround the ref and complain?

The two elbows in the face first half - again, we should be more vocal.

Post match we need to be more vocal too. Send Beale out to trash the refs and let him take the 2 game ban.

Sadly we just roll over and let the officials be as corrupt as they want.
I doubt anyone in our team would have known the second goal was offside. Of course it was offside but maybe by 18 inches certainly not blatantly obvious.

Whilst we can be critical of the defence yesterday, they made two mistakes.

Our players in the final third made more than two mistakes. That's where the real problems are.

Watching kents back he should be finishing that

hits it straight at the keeper instead of the left hand side very poor
Glad you mentioned this, Kent did everything right then just blasted away when just a little composure would surely have seen him score

It will go down as a bad day at the office UNTIL we play our next gaem, when we see what the team is made of, dust themselves down and get on with things OR lose their confidence and strugggle again. Time will tell.

We'd been "fouling clever" this season as the opposition broke, killing their attack completely in a non dangerous area, and then regaining the ball from the free kick

We failed to do it once on Sunday.

He is one of our best defenders without doubt but you are spot on Gerrard can not see past him. Again another parallel this season neither Tav or Goldson rested even when we have the personnel and opportunity to do so. Is it fatigue or guarantee of not to be dropped that makes these guys not worry about clangers or just a lack of desire and hunger due to not having to fight and justify your spot?
Goldson will have 2 good games & then cost us the points as he starts believing he’s too good for Scotland & that’s the frustrating thing for me. I was talking to an ex pro player that’s played in England & Scotland & told him my concerns regard CG & his answer was “he’s good enough for Scotland” which I feel is the problem. We can’t have that mentality.

My honest assessment is we won’t win a league with his inconsistency. I watched him play away in Moscow a few seasons ago & it’s probably the worst CH performance I’ve seen in a Rangers player. If he didn’t play again for Rangers after that game I would think it was a bit harsh but understandable.

I would be looking to off load him before transfer window closes. He won’t be dropped though & end up costing Gerrard big time.

Back